• (5) Baltimore
    • (5) Tampa Bay
    • (6) Cleveland
    • (6) LAR
    • (7) Indianapolis
    • (7) Chicago
    • None of them

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Well yea, If "none" is an option. None of these teams are "most likely" going to win 2 games. One or possibly two of them "might" but it's a lot more likely to pick none than identify which team that will be.

Yeah, I'm asking for predictions. They all could...

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah, I'm asking for predictions. They all could...

Right. But, "none" is the obvious answer if you want to include it. The odds for the rest of them winning 2 playoff games (almost certainly) on the road will be <20% or so. 

Picking who has the BEST chance other than "none", it has to be TB. They should easily win round 1. I would favor GB over them in a rematch @GB, but they have obviously shown they can play that team well.

Edited by wackywabbit

Baltimore and Cleveland are both built to run the ball, and Baltimore has a very good defense. Despite Cleveland having one of the very worst defenses in the NFL (and a good chance that they lose to Pittsburgh this Sunday), including having key defenders out (Vernon and others maybe gone to Covid), they are built to limit possessions and control the clock, keeping other offenses off of the field. If they get a lucky turnover or two and are able to assert themselves with their OL, you never know. That's also why I have Baltimore here, because by nature, they're able to do this to a much better degree with their defense being capable of getting consistent stops.

Definitely the Bucs, who match up reasonably well against the Pack

I don't trust EITHER 6 or either 7

Perhaps Browns can take down the Steelers, but I don't have a ton of faith in any of the other 3

Ravens have a good shot at taking out the Titans, but their next game would be tough. I don't give them great odds against the Chiefs, but if they face the Bills I actually like the Ravens makeup there a lot

Bucs are the best bet of a WC team reaching the conference championship game, but I still have them at like 25%. Ravens are the only other with a decent shot.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Baltimore and Cleveland are both built to run the ball, and Baltimore has a very good defense. Despite Cleveland having one of the very worst defenses in the NFL (and a good chance that they lose to Pittsburgh this Sunday), including having key defenders out (Vernon and others maybe gone to Covid), they are built to limit possessions and control the clock, keeping other offenses off of the field. If they get a lucky turnover or two and are able to assert themselves with their OL, you never know. That's also why I have Baltimore here, because by nature, they're able to do this to a much better degree with their defense being capable of getting consistent stops.

Browns definitely got their worst matchup. I think they match up more favorable against the Bills or Titans, who they can use their running game against and possibly win a slugfest. I worry that the Steelers will limit the Browns offense too much.

Then if they get through Pittsburgh they LIKELY face the Chiefs, which I don't think ends well for Cleveland

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Went w/ Baltimore and they seem to be a popular choice. I like them making it to the AFCCG.

are you budgeting them taking down the Chiefs or the Bills to get there? Or do you have even more chaos than that in the WC round?

just curious

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Browns definitely got their worst matchup. I think they match up more favorable against the Bills or Titans, who they can use their running game against and possibly win a slugfest. I worry that the Steelers will limit the Browns offense too much.

The Browns didn't really lean on the Steelers yesterday with them benching half of their front 7, so I'm worried about that. Granted, them only getting 1 practice all week due to their facility shutting down 4 times for Covid didn't help either.

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Then if they get through Pittsburgh they LIKELY face the Chiefs, which I don't think ends well for Cleveland

Mahomes will throw for 800 yards. The ONLY thing that would even remotely make me optimistic would be that I think the Browns could run at will on them and potentially keep Mahomes off of the field, and MAYBE, just MAYBE they get lucky and force a turnover/come up with a Myles sack/fumble, and the Chiefs get flagged for holding at a key opportunity and they win a shootout...but probably they're 1 and done. I'm just happy they made it! 18 years is a LONG time to wait!

The 5 seeds are favorites in their first game, TB a big favorite against the 7-9 WFT. Those two are the mostly likely to choose from.

The only issue with picking those two are another lower seed has to win to avoid playing the well rested #1 seed.

The problem with picking another lower seed to do it is that they also would have to face the 1 seed so I will eliminate them.

I don't see either 7 seed winning so to pick between either TB or Balt to win two games I have to decide which 6 seed is most likely to win so the 5 seed avoids the 1 seed. Rams@Seahawks or Browns@Steelers. Both the Rams and Browns split with their opponent and both lost to the Jets in the last few weeks. Rams have been struggling on offense for awhile and the Browns have been struggling with injuries/Covid.

I think I just trust Wilson at this point more than Ben so unfortunately my vote would go the the Ravens. To face the Bills isn't much of a consolation prize but at least they aren't rested.