Elway promoted (kind of); George Paton hired as GM

lomaxgrUK

13 minutes ago, Counselor said:

It is from the looks of it. Have to wait until 2022 is up though.

Damn.  I figured ownership transition might happen this offseason.   Oh well the end is near.  

But there’s light at the end of the ownership limbo tunnel.  Hopefully it’s not a freight train lol. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

But even then, for all we know Caserio could've pounded the table for 1,526 Pro Bowlers in his time in NE, but was overruled by Bill B. 

Obviously I am exaggerating; you get my point. Jon Robinson is doing a great job at the Titans and he was bred from the very beginning in that Patriots world. You need to understand the man, not just his résumé

Oh I get that completely maybe he blew them away I think that was the plan all along though they wanted him in 2019 . I just don't believe the search with the firm was serious.

The part that becomes interesting here is that now it seems like John might not be part of future ownership. With Ellis basically confirming he will leave, it seems unlikely that any of the Bowlens will be retaining ownership. That either leaves John on an island to form his own way to ownership or the new owner could choose to keep John there as a way to lend themselves to Denver fans. It becomes muddy with the new GM spot. If there will truly be a complete overturn of things at the top, there will almost certainly be a high likelihood of the nw GM not even having a chance to leave their mark on anything, unless of course they trade for a bunch of picks to make the sell of the team more enticing. 

Saw they interviewed or will interview Terry Fontenot.  I don’t know anything about him, but I have no issues scooping up someone from the Saints.  The Saints have been one of the best drafting teams in football over the last decade or so.  I haven’t looked much into Fontenot and what his exact role is, but New Orleans is one of the most well managed organizations in football. 

7 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Saw they interviewed or will interview Terry Fontenot.  I don’t know anything about him, but I have no issues scooping up someone from the Saints.  The Saints have been one of the best drafting teams in football over the last decade or so.  I haven’t looked much into Fontenot and what his exact role is, but New Orleans is one of the most well managed organizations in football. 

Idk... aren't they in cap hell going forward?