Elway promoted (kind of); George Paton hired as GM

lomaxgrUK

25 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

no Rick smith? or is this a retread? you compare his resume to the egg jog and it's not even close who should be gremlin.

From what I understand Rick Smith has a good relationship with Elway. I also think he did a solid job building a good roster in Houston before BoB came in and blew it all up. 

12 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Anyone with ties to New England really worries me. I know Wolf spent most of his career in Green Bay and he's just a consultant in Foxboro but I'd be so nervous going down that route again. 

Peters spent more time with patriots (6 years before coming to Denver) than Wolf.

I have no problem with people who have been through the NE system. I have a problem with people that that’s all they know. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Peters spent more time with patriots (6 years before coming to Denver) than Wolf.

I have no problem with people who have been through the NE system. I have a problem with people that that’s all they know. 

I had Peters' resume mixed up with someone else's, I forgot he spent time in New England. 

But I do have to agree with you, passing through there is a lot different than spending your whole career there. 

54 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

From what I understand Rick Smith has a good relationship with Elway. I also think he did a solid job building a good roster in Houston before BoB came in and blew it all up. 

His quick hit resume: 

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-gm-search-five-things-to-know-about-rick-smith

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/broncos-rick-smith-likely-interview-general-manager

Edited by jsthomp2007

36 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

My reporter friend says that internally the team loves Adam Peters but don’t think they’ll land him. I guess Lynch/Kyle doubled his compensation just recently to keep him around. 

“Champ Kelly and Rick Smith are the guys to keep your eyes on,” my friend said.

I really don’t want Champ. 

35 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

My reporter friend says that internally the team loves Adam Peters but don’t think they’ll land him. I guess Lynch/Kyle doubled his compensation just recently to keep him around. 

Rick Smith is my guy.  I won't complain with Champ Kelly as I saw his resume and he solid.  I think Rick Smith, however, brings a great deal of experience into the position.  In terms of a white whale of a candidate who would consider Denver right now with his ties to the organization, I don't think the Broncos can do better.  

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Shame :/

Broncos want to interview Champ Kelly for G.M. job

The Broncos are looking for a General Manager and they’d like to speak to a former member of the organization about the opening.

Mike Klis of KUSA reports that the Broncos have requested permission to interview Bears assistant director of player personnel Champ Kelly. The Panthers have made the same request.

From PFT

Edited by UnitedInOrgange