Which team or player has the most pressure on them in these playoffs?

ClutchDJ

Is it the old guys like Rodgers, Brady, Brees, & Ben possibly having their last good shot at another ring? Is it Rivers’ last shot at even attaining his first one?

2018 QB class? Lamar taking a massive reputation hit with another one & done? Josh Allen with the Bills being the ones to dethrone the Chiefs? Baker living up to #1 pick?

Are they even on this list? Who do you think?

I don't think you can really be under pressure unless you have a good shot at the super bowl. This is River's last chance to win as a player but he likely has never thought it was a real possibility this year.  Ben/The steelers are an inverse of this. They probably thought they were 1 chiefs game away from another ring but it's not like Ben and Tomlin aren't already HOFers, and with the collapse and injuries already I don't think they should be under a lot of pressure.

The Bills, Rams, Ravens, Titans, and Browns are all young and have lots of promise. The Seahawks are a slightly older version of this.

The bears don't really have the QB to win a superbowl so no pressure there.

The Bucs are in an interesting position because when Brady retires they will likely regress a lot unless they can get a good QB quickly, but the team itself might not be able to line up that window.

I would say that the Saints and the Packers are under the most pressure as organizations because they have been successful most of the decade and yet they haven't won in nearly 10 years.

The single person under the most pressure imo is Rodgers just because he has under-accomplished for his talent and the success of his team.

Lamar probably. He already has the "can't win playoff games" over him, and now he's facing the Titans again which is it's own narrative alone. Josh Allen could get blown out this year and people would still not question him like they have Lamar.

Aside from Lamar, it's probably Aaron Rodgers. The season he put up has massive playoff expectations to go with it, and he's obviously not going to get many more shots at the playoffs.

• Like 4

Probably Brady.

Leaving NE to prove he can get it done without Belichick + recruiting a bunch of players like Fournette, AB and Gronk to build a super team down there in Tampa.

The thing about it is, I doubt the pressure has any effect on him, though.

1st Round? Bills. Josh Allen and the Bills can’t lose back to back first rounds after such an amazing season. And the Colts are a tough squad. 

Entire Playoffs? Three NFC Teams actually. 1) Packers 2) Saints 3) Buccaneers

Packers - Rodgers just had one of the best QB seasons in NFL History, and one of the greatest offenses in NFL History. And they have been picked to win the Super Bowl so many times over the years. 

Saints - They are gonna try to get Brees one final ring as this looks to be his last season

Buccaneers - Brady’s final two seasons, and he has a better chance this year than next year as he’ll be 44. This is Brady’s best chance to cement his legacy as GOAT with two Super Bowls on two separate teams, and seven total. May even start to hear some Jordan comparisons if he does that. Also if Brady doesn’t win, it’ll have a few pointing to Bill for the Patriots playoff success. Enough about Brady, this is the best shot Bruce Arians is ever gonna get at winning a Super Bowl. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

I don't see Allen being pressured in any way he has far exceeded his expectations outside of Buffalo Fans. Media ripped him and said he was nothing other then an inaccurate big arm qb that can run. 

I think with him collecting accolades all year especially in the Organization (most passing yards, most passing td with in the bills organization). He also brought a division championship something they haven't done in 25 years. So I do not see him being pressure for this fan base, expectation are high but at the end of the day he shouldn't have any pressure as he has already done what everyone said he would never do. 

I think the Bills organization has pressure just to win a playoff game just because they are 0-2 with McDermott. It may sound silly but to me I think KC has the pressure in the AFC, it is Superbowl or bust because of all their expectations and everyone already calling them a dynasty in the making. So a 1 and done for them would be disappointing.

Saints and Tampa are high on the pressure list too just because both Brady and Brees could be their last year in the NFL. Tampa gave up the future for the present by moving on from Winston and taking Brady. So my top 2 are Tampa and KC as the most pressured teams in the playoffs.

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

I don't see Allen being pressured in any way he has far exceeded his expectations outside of Buffalo Fans. Media ripped him and said he was nothing other then an inaccurate big arm qb that can run. 

I think with him collecting accolades all year especially in the Organization (most passing yards, most passing td with in the bills organization). He also brought a division championship something they haven't done in 25 years. So I do not see him being pressure for this fan base, expectation are high but at the end of the day he shouldn't have any pressure as he has already done what everyone said he would never do. 

I think the Bills organization has pressure just to win a playoff game just because they are 0-2 with McDermott. It may sound silly but to me I think KC has the pressure in the AFC, it is Superbowl or bust because of all their expectations and everyone already calling them a dynasty in the making. So a 1 and done for them would be disappointing.

Saints and Tampa are high on the pressure list too just because both Brady and Brees could be their last year in the NFL. Tampa gave up the future for the present by moving on from Winston and taking Brady. So my top 2 are Tampa and KC as the most pressured teams in the playoffs.

Why would KC be pressured? They won the SB last year and have a solid team going into the future 

• Like 1

There's different kind of pressure involved here. The Saints, Bucs, and Steelers all have a lot of pressure on them because the window is closing for them. In New Orleans' case this is almost certainly Brees' last ride, and the same is very possible for Big Ben. There's no bigger pressure than knowing that you basically get one more shot at glory.

On the other hand in terms of individual narrative, I'd say Lamar - and the Ravens organization as a whole - have a lot riding on this postseason. For Lamar specifically, he really just has to show up on Sunday, win or lose. If we go down in a shootout against one of the best offenses in the league, that's one thing. But if it's a repeat of last year's implosion? He's going to have a hard time shaking the choker label if that happens. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Why would KC be pressured? They won the SB last year and have a solid team going into the future 

Because everyone has called them the favors to be champs, then the fan base (some in this forum) have been ultra confident that they have also called next year superbowl run as well. I think if they dont make it to the superbowl it would be disappointing for them. Whether they win is a different story but the way the Media and fanbase has spoken they expect to be AFC Champs. 14-1 with starters. Almost everyone saying they are the favors to make it to the superbowl all year to me that is added pressure. it is one thing winning its another defending it. 

2 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Because everyone has called them the favors to be champs, then the fan base (some in this forum) have been ultra confident that they have also called next year superbowl run as well. I think if they dont make it to the superbowl it would be disappointing for them. Whether they win is a different story but the way the Media and fanbase has spoken they expect to be AFC Champs. 14-1 with starters. Almost everyone saying they are the favors to make it to the superbowl all year to me that is added pressure. it is one thing winning its another defending it. 

Meh, I feel they don’t have much to lose tbh.