Which team or player has the most pressure on them in these playoffs?

ClutchDJ

Trubisky had this gem in a presser recently: "We have nothing to lose."

How about:

• The game?
  • Your starting job?
  • Millions of dollars on your next contract?
  • Your head coaches job?
  • The jobs of all his assistants?
  • Your GM's job?
  • The jobs of 10-25 other players on the roster.
  • The current level of support, passion, and financial commitment from the Chicago sports fans who have lots of other teams to root for and to spend on?

Do these clowns believe themselves when they say things like "We have nothing to lose"?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

How about:

• The game?
  • Your starting job?
  • Your head coaches job?
  • Your GM's job?
  • The current level of support, passion, and financial commitment from the Chicago sports fans who have lots of other teams to root for and to spend on?

Do these clowns believe themselves when they say things like "We have nothing to lose"?

Frustrated Buzz Lightyear GIF

On 1/5/2021 at 3:47 AM, Awsi Dooger said:

No question it's the Bills right off the bat. They have been the darling of the past month and now a cute pick above Kansas City by some.

But they also got the worst imaginable draw from the new format, given a #2 seed. Instead of a week off and then home to face a weary opponent, the Bills are stuck in the opening playoff game on Saturday. That means they either advance or are unceremoniously first booted out of the playoffs while teams like Washington and Chicago remain. 

Plus it's anything but an easy opponent, as BayRaider mentioned

Bills only pressure is the 1st game. If they win then there is absolutely no pressure on them. Being a darling team and cute pick is ridiculous to say, that is something that should be said about the browns since they eeked in. I think the national media is finally able to see what allen has been able to do with a respectable oline and some weapons to throw to. I think they are a legit contender and the last 5 games should prove it by winning on average of over 20 pts per games. Not sure why they were screwed on the 1st game of the playoffs considering they have the 2nd seed while the NFC 2nd see is getting to play on Sunday at 4. Anyways Mcdermott and Allen would be criticized for the inability to win a playoff game in back to back years but outside of that Allen has proven to do something the bills qbs have been able to do since jim kelly, is win a division and to put up respectable numbers that broke records with in the organization. As a bills fan I want the best outcome possible but the fact that Allen has done what no one ever thought he could do by increasing his completion percentage of over 11% in one year and 17% from year 1 to year 3 is enough for me to think he is the franchise qb and wont think of him differently. He was the 3rd qb selected in the draft so you would expect Baker to have more pressure then Allen since he was taken 1 overall but no one wants to talk about him being pressured in the playoffs eventhough he was suppose to be their saving grace. Why does he get a pass?

On 1/6/2021 at 12:37 PM, SkippyX said:

How about:

• The game?
  • Your starting job?
  • Your head coaches job?
  • Your GM's job?

Gotta do whatever it takes to boost your confidence and deal with the pressure.  This often includes lying to yourself.  

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 1:37 PM, SkippyX said:

How about:

• The game?
  • Your starting job?
  • Your head coaches job?
  • Your GM's job?

He’s happy to be a starter in a big market city. Nothing else you can ask for as a professional player. He just doesn’t have the commitment.

22 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

He’s happy to be a starter in a big market city. Nothing else you can ask for as a professional player. He just doesn’t have the commitment.

I think that list above is an exaggeration the bears made the playoffs I think a lot saved their jobs already. They're 10 point underdogs they have nothing to lose. If Not h can play free I think they can win

On 1/6/2021 at 1:41 PM, soflbillsfan said:

Bills only pressure is the 1st game. If they win then there is absolutely no pressure on them. Being a darling team and cute pick is ridiculous to say, that is something that should be said about the browns since they eeked in. I think the national media is finally able to see what allen has been able to do with a respectable oline and some weapons to throw to. I think they are a legit contender and the last 5 games should prove it by winning on average of over 20 pts per games. Not sure why they were screwed on the 1st game of the playoffs considering they have the 2nd seed while the NFC 2nd see is getting to play on Sunday at 4. Anyways Mcdermott and Allen would be criticized for the inability to win a playoff game in back to back years but outside of that Allen has proven to do something the bills qbs have been able to do since jim kelly, is win a division and to put up respectable numbers that broke records with in the organization. As a bills fan I want the best outcome possible but the fact that Allen has done what no one ever thought he could do by increasing his completion percentage of over 11% in one year and 17% from year 1 to year 3 is enough for me to think he is the franchise qb and wont think of him differently. He was the 3rd qb selected in the draft so you would expect Baker to have more pressure then Allen since he was taken 1 overall but no one wants to talk about him being pressured in the playoffs eventhough he was suppose to be their saving grace. Why does he get a pass?

I agree it was pressure only the first game. And they played like it. Buffalo was absolutely the darling team and cute pick. On multiple sites I've seen them receive equal or greater boost than Kansas City toward Super Bowl likelihood. Nobody was saying that about Cleveland. 

Now that Wild Card round is over who has the most pressure to win this week? Would it be KC and/or GB since they had the bye and facing 6 seed teams? Would it be more Tom or Drew? Now that both Allen and Lamar won playoff games do they still have any form of pressure on them compared to last week? 

39 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Now that Wild Card round is over who has the most pressure to win this week? Would it be KC and/or GB since they had the bye and facing 6 seed teams? Would it be more Tom or Drew? Now that both Allen and Lamar won playoff games do they still have any form of pressure on them compared to last week? 

I would say GB, New Orleans, then the Bucs. 

• The Chiefs won the super bowl last season so I get they want to repeat but I don't see much pressure since they already got the ring + Mahomes is very young. 
  • As for the Packers, Aaron Rodgers is way too good of a QB to only end with 1 ring in his career. I don't think the Packers will be in this position that many more years (Arod MVP season + top 10 D) so I think they feel the most pressure.
  • Saints are very similar to the Packers. Brees is almost about done and this will be one of the last chances with that whole group. 
  • Josh Allen i think everything is gravy now. He proved the critics wrong this year, won the AFC East, went 13-3, and won their first playoff game in 25 years. That doesn't mean they should take this lightly because they are super bowl contenders but it's not as much pressure if Allen lost.
  • Lamar = little more pressure than Allen, just because Lamar arrived a year prior then Allen so in football fans eyes he's been on this elite stage longer. He did get his first playoff win and the Ravens were a wild card team so i don't think he'd get too much s*** losing to a 13-3 #2 seed.
  • The Bucs - very similar reasons to the Packers and Saints. Brady is 42 and only has a few more chances to get that last ring. I would say its not much pressure on Brady though because he's already the goat and this would be gravy winning a ring on a non Patriots team.

4 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Rodgers and Brees, I would imagine. Especially Brees since everyone is sure that he'll retire, they keep exiting the playoffs unceremoniously, and they seem to have the Buccaneers number.

I agree with this, I think I needed to rephrase my question just because Tom already has a ton of rings and he is on a new team taking them this far at 43. Brees has 1 and is done after this year, and Arians made these moves to win now over growing a young qb like winston.

6 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I agree with this, I think I needed to rephrase my question just because Tom already has a ton of rings and he is on a new team taking them this far at 43. Brees has 1 and is done after this year, and Arians made these moves to win now over growing a young qb like winston.

Tampa as a team does, yeah. Brady obviously doesn't. The cliff comes quick. 2014 Broncos Manning was actually playing extremely well - like MVP well - then he took an injury and that was it. So Tampa has quite a tight window with that in mind.