Want vs. should vs. will happen at QB 21

LoganF89

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes it is. I have never seen Trubisky accurately make throws that Haskins has at times the last two years. Haskins problem are obviously his immaturity, his athletic arrogance and his laziness in learning the offense and progressing as a Pro NFL QB.

Trubisky just isn’t good. Trubisky doesn’t have the arm that Haskins has. Trubisky is always inaccurate down the field, he’s awful! I guess we’ll see when he plays the playoff game, but every game I’ve watched of Trubisky he’s way more inaccurate than Haskins was downfield. I’ve never seen Trubisky make a throw like Haskins made to Terry for example in the Ravens game, amongst other throws.

No argument from me that he isn't good, but I bet you'd find yourself in the minority on people thinking Dwayne is better. 

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

No argument from me that he isn't good, but I bet you'd find yourself in the minority on people thinking Dwayne is better. 

That’s fine, I’m not here to win brownie points for my opinions. I know most people don’t agree with most of what I say here.

The only reason I would take Trubisky over Dwayne is bc of Dwayne’s immaturity, which hopefully Dwayne becomes more mature from here forth, and that’s the only reason.

Haskins has more upside than Trubisky as a QB IMO; Haskins certainly has the better arm and has displayed more accuracy when his feet are set.

Trubisky reminds me of Jake Locker, a great athlete playing QB who wasn’t accurate enough to make it in the league. I guess we’ll see what happens with him in the future. I can’t imagine the Bears are going to retain him after this year and I want nothing to do with Trubisky in Washington.

I’d take Kyle Allen over Trubisky 100 times out of 100 and obviously Alex Smith too.

Edited by turtle28

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Haskins has more upside than Trubisky as a QB IMO; Haskins certainly has the better arm and has displayed more accuracy when his feet are set.

That could be true. It doesn't mean he's currently better or been better. 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yes it is. I have never seen Trubisky accurately make throws that Haskins has at times the last two years. Haskins problem are obviously his immaturity, his athletic arrogance and his laziness in learning the offense and progressing as a Pro NFL QB.

Trubisky just isn’t good. Trubisky doesn’t have the arm that Haskins has. Trubisky is always inaccurate down the field, he’s awful! I guess we’ll see when he plays the playoff game, but every game I’ve watched of Trubisky he’s way more inaccurate than Haskins was downfield. I’ve never seen Trubisky make a throw like Haskins made to Terry for example in the Ravens game, amongst other throws.

Haskins might be the biggest bust of all-time. Trubisky is light years beyond Haskins. This isn’t even an argument. 

30 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Haskins might be the biggest bust of all-time. Trubisky is light years beyond Haskins. This isn’t even an argument. 

That’s obviously a statement you made w/o thinking. Heath Shuler, Ryan Leaf , Akiki Smith etc top 10 QBs who busted.

You don’t think Trubisky is a bigger bust? Trubisky was the #2 pick, the Bears traded up a spot to draft him and he’s one of the worst starters in the NFL.  I’ll be shocked if he’s a starter in the NFL next year too just like Haskins.

In what way is Trubisky light years beyond Haskins other than in maturity, athleticism and Trubisky gives a great handoff to David Gregory & Cordalle Paterson?

You need to watch Trubisky play, he’s extremely inaccurate.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

A one legged Smith is better than Capt Kirk .

I wish you would make comments based off of truth and evaluation then based off your personal feelings about someone bc Kirk is a better QB than Alex. Alex before his leg injury was only above average bc he turned the ball over so little and he was very athletic, as a passer though it’s not even a close competition between the two. 

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I wish you would make comments based off of truth and evaluation then based off your personal feelings about someone bc Kirk is a better QB than Alex. Alex before his leg injury was only above average bc he turned the ball over so little and he was very athletic, as a passer though it’s not even a close competition between the two. 

Alex Smith won loss 99-68

Kirk Cousins won loss 51-51

Some people look at stat lines & decide if that QB is good or not. 

who would you choose?

Cousins---31/43----376 yards 3 TD's & 1 int & 1 fumble lost

Alex smith---21/34---164 yards 2 TD's & 1 int

Well, obviously you choose Cousins right?

What the stat line won't show you is what happened throughout the game.

Alex dink & dunked his way to victory. Threw a 4th Qtr td to seal the deal

Cousin is perfect all game till he throws a late 4th qtr int thats returned for a TD.

But they get the ball back for a chance to tie...drops back...sacked...fumble...game over.

Point is...you can repeat this scenario I lay out here everytime these 2 QB's play & the result will almost always...be the same.

1 QB wins & the other does not. It's just that simple. At least for me.

1 QB shines when the pressure is on, or gets lucky.

The other stinks up the joint & finds a way to crap his team to another heartbreaker loss.

Washington is now a playoff contender after picking chase Young #2 overall & going 3-13 & stinking before that as well. Smith has started for less, than half a season.

Cousins took over a team that was 1 play away from the Superbowl. Great Offense & Defense. Played all year in 2020 & finished with the same record as the WFT @ 7-9.

one team is progressing & the other is regressing.

One would say Washington has a Defense now & manusky sucked. Ok..I agree

One would say trading Diggs hurt a team real bad...ok ...I agree again

If Alex had started all year instead of Haskins , what would our record be? 9-7.....10-6.....11-5...?

If Cousins is worth the coin he's making cause he's statistically a better QB?

Then Alex Smith is the greatest bargain basement value for a QB for this team in history.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, offbyone said:

I think you are underestimating the qb market.  

I think you’re underestimating how much Trubisky sucks. He’s one of the worst starters in then NFL, those guys don’t get $20 million. They get less than $10 million. Haskins & Trubisky are on the same level as players. Would you give Haskins $10 million?

Alex is on a bargain basement contract? Didn’t know that, he’s making  $21.4 mil, in what world is that a bargain? Next year if he’s on the team he’s making $24.4 million. 

I’m not even commenting on the rest of the stuff others bring up in comparing our last two best starting QBs. It’s a waste of time.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Alex is on a bargain basement contract? Didn’t know that, he’s making  $21.4 mil, in what world is that a bargain? Next year if he’s on the team he’s making $24.4 million. 

I’m not even commenting on the rest of the stuff others bring up in comparing our last two best starting QBs. It’s a waste of time.

If Alex were healthy it would be a relatively decent contract but he’s not so yes, this needs to be the last year of this albatross contract. Not to mention it took all of five games for his leg to get hurt so this will just happen again next year. They have to find a reliable starting QB for the foreseeable future. Their options are basically Dak and Stafford.