Veteran QB Matt Schaub retires

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Up until recently, he was the best QB in Texans history - didn't have a lively arm, but was smart and precise, he made some big time plays for the Texans over his career.

Injuries really took away his limited physical ability - usually injuries at the hands of Albert Haynesworth. It didn't show in 2012, but the lisfranc fracture he suffered against Tampa Bay (against Albert Haynesworth) more or less ruined him - he wasn't able to plant and throw like he used to, and that's what led to the pick six parade in 2013.

Good guy overall, he was unfairly hated his final few years - he was never going to be Peyton Manning, but he was a solid QB in his own right. He's probably got a coaching gig lined up for him if he wants, he's still got a fantastic knowledge of the game.

Good on him, enjoy retirement...

Not to bring up a sore subject but didn't the Texans GM at the time of Peyton's FA tour say they weren't interested because they already had Schaub?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, titanrick said:

Not to bring up a sore subject but didn't the Texans GM at the time of Peyton's FA tour say they weren't interested because they already had Schaub?

Not GM - HC.

Allegedly, Gary Kubiak put the kibosh on Manning to Houston in 2012. I don't know if I fully believe that Manning was considering Houston (the origin of this was Bob Allen - a good sportscaster in Houston, but not exactly Schefter/Rappaport).

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Not GM - HC.

Allegedly, Gary Kubiak put the kibosh on Manning to Houston in 2012. I don't know if I fully believe that Manning was considering Houston (the origin of this was Bob Allen - a good sportscaster in Houston, but not exactly Schefter/Rappaport).

Makes sense.  If you know through backchannels that you're not in the running, why not give your current QB a vote of confidence?

I remember everything that is potentially embarrassing for a rival forever.  However, if you ask me about our coverage of Cooks yesterday, I have no idea what you're referring to.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, titanrick said:

However, if you ask me about our coverage of Cooks yesterday, I have no idea what you're referring to.

Likewise, AJ Brown had no real resistance in the biggest moment in the game - because with :18 left, Cover 0 makes totes sense.

Surprised he was still even in the league. Good on him and his agent for pulling in those extra years. Not sure that the tail end of his career gives him any boosts for the Hall of Fame, but for a couple of seasons he played as the starter for the Texans. Even made the playoffs I think.

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Likewise, AJ Brown had no real resistance in the biggest moment in the game - because with :18 left, Cover 0 makes totes sense.

I mean it does, if you are fighting for draft positioning. That makes sense in the mid to late rounds, given your lack of early picks.

19 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I mean it does, if you are fighting for draft positioning. That makes sense in the mid to late rounds, given your lack of early picks.

2/10 trolling. You're a better troll than that... Now, go ahead and try again.