Irish Wolfhounds Expansion Sim

EirePacker

EDIT

Just reread the IR rules.

The wolfhounds place the following players on IR bringing the roster down to 80 players.

Quartney Davis - WR 

Josh Imatorbhebhe - WR 

Hakeem Adenjii - OG

Sadarius Hutcherson - OG

Joseph Ossai - EDGE

Dylan Moses - LB

Edited by EirePacker

Wolfhounds 53 Man Roster Projection

QB:

Locks - Joe Burrow

Bubble - A Gordon, J Rosen, J Ta'amu.

I'll probably only keep 2 Qb's on the 53 with a 3rd on the PS squad. It's an open competition for the #2 spot with A Gordon with a slight leg up at the minute. I'll be monitoring the trade market and waiver wire as teams cut down to 53 to see if any notable names become available.

RB:

Locks - James Connor

Bubble - E Benjamin, T Ragas, J Hawkins, C Huntley, B Knox

IR - M Boone

With M Boone out for the next few weeks J Connor claims the #1 spot by default but he's touches will be monitored as was in Pittsburgh. E Benjamin has a leg up on the others after spending last season with the team. Ragas, Hawkins & Huntley have flashed during TC and will battle it out for a role with the team this year. I'm not confident they wouldn't be claimed if earmarked for the ps squad so that may influence my decision making on whether to keep 3 or 4 RB's on the 53 man squad.

WR

Locks: D Hopkins, DPJ, D Funchess, D Robinson, Q Watkins

Bubble:  J Adams

IR: J Imatorbhebhe, Q Davis

I think 5 is the magic number at wr this year with the top 5 already cementing their place on the 53. Look for J Adams & Q Davis to battle it out for an elusive PS spot with Q Davis & Imatorbhebhe on IR.

TE

Locks: N Boyle

Bubble: B Hopkins, K Yeboah, H Butler, N Eubanks

The #2 & #3 spots behind N Boyle are open for the taking with no1 standing out as of yet. The trade market & Waiver wire will come into play on finalizing the final 2 places on the 53.

OT

Locks: R Slater, J Conklin, R Reiff, S Forsythe

Bubble: C Green

This position feels fairly set with Slater & Conklin starting, Reiff as the swing tackle and Forsythe as the developmental tackle. The main area to watch here is whether Greens versatility can get him a spot on the 53 as iol depth or if he's destined for the ps squad this season.

OG

Locks: J Jones, O Aboushi, Y Durant

Bubble: C Green, J Hocker, D Moore, K Awosika

IR: H Adenjii, S Hutcherson

Jones and Aboushi top the depth charts at either guard spot with Durants versatility at all iol spot making him an appealing option. The final spot is open for grabs with 2/3 ps squad positions available also.

OC

Locks: B Price

Bubble: J Hanson, Z Shackleford 

Price is at best an average starter and with no real depth behind him I'll be monitoring the Trade market with players like Green Bay Lucas Patrick possibly available.

Position wise I can see the 53 shaking out with 24 offensive player with it breaking down as follows

QB - 2

RB - 4

TE - 3

WR - 5

OL - 10

E Benjamin, DPJ, Q Watkins have all shown promise as st options which factored into their making of the 53.

I have too many selections in next year's so I'll be aggressive in looking for players to support J Burrow and keep him upright.

Defensive projections will hopefully follow tonight once I get the small fella to sleep.

Edited by EirePacker
  • Like 1

The Wolfhounds waive the following players as they work down to the 53 man roster limit.

QB: J Rosen, A Gordon

RB: C Huntley, J Hawkins, B Knox

TE: H Butler

WR: J Adams

IOL: J Hocker, K Awosika Z Shackleford

IDL: A Billings, D Stills

EDGE: B Speaks

LB: R Cole

CB: S Brown, J Bryant, N Clarke

Final roster battles

TE

K Yeboah vs N Eubanks

Its Yeboah's inconsistency but passing game potential vs Eubanks all round steadyness but lack of wow for the #3 TE spot.

OL

David Moore vs Jake Hanson

The battle of single position offensive lineman, Lack of depth behind Billy Price is Hansons biggest trump card but with Yasir Durants versatility to play all IOL spots maybe im over thinking things.

LB

Francis Bernard vs Erroll Thompson

Bernards high IQ but limited athleticism vs Thompsons thumping aggresive demener. ST ability will play a factor here

DT

Marvin Wilson vs Tyler Clark

Polar opposite players here. Wilson's high potential but lack of drive vs Clarks capped ceiling but high motor and role maximisation.

DB

Luq Barcoo vs Olijah Griffen vs Tyler Coyle vs JR Reed vs Trill Williams

Barcoo & Coyle stand out athletically but play as raw as they come. Griffens slender frame poses issues. Reeds IQ & consistency stand out in this group of players while Williams is a moldable ball of clay and possess a DB coach's ideal makeup. ST's will play a major role here also.

Wolfhounds 53 man season to start the season

OFFENCE

QB: Joe Burrow / Gardner Minshew

RB: James Connor /  M Boone / Eno Benjamin / Trey Ragas

TE: Nick Boyle /  Brycen Hopkins / Kenny Yeboah

BWR: Deandre Hopkins / Donovan People-Jones / D Funchess

SWR: Demarcus Robinson / Quez Watkins

LT: Rashawn Slater / Stone Forsythe 

OG: Josh Jones / Carson Green

OC: Billy Price

OG: Oday Aboushi / David Moore / Yasir Durant

RT: Jack Conklin / Riley Reiff

DEFENCE

EDGE: Terrell Lewis /  Ifeadi Odenigbo / Raymond Johnson

3T: Jarran Reed / Neville Gallimore / Davion Nixon

1T: Danny Shelton / Marvin Wilson

EDGE: Yannick Ngakoue / Jonathan Garvin

MLB: Bernardrick Mckinney / Krys Barnes / Erroll Thompson

LB: Nick Kwiatkowski / Keanu Neal

CB: Kendall Fuller / Ifeatu Melinfonwu 

NB: Mackensie Alexander / Luq Baracoo 

S: Tre Boston / Caden Sterns

S: Adrian Philips / Marcus Epps / JR Reed

CB: Deandre Baker / Trill Williams

SPECIAL TEAMS

K: Rodrigo Blankenship

P: Joseph Charlton

LS: Steven Wirtel

• 4 weeks later...

@jrry32 @Trojan @Techbert

Strongly considering jumping on the Henderson trade, Sky high potential if a change of scenery does him good and a premium position player.

Have a lot of young players from the last 2 drafts so i wont be stuck for depth the next few years and alot of picks for ammo. 

Any thoughts on fair value seeing as i dont have Arnold to trade.?