Which old QBs would you most like to see win the Super Bowl this year

patriotsheatyan

8 minutes ago, Starless said:

[Me, Age 37, laughing nervously]

hahaha good one. He's not an old QB. FOH.

he's only four years younger than Smith but I edited my post to give two others a considerable mention

but to justify my original response, if you group the playoff QBs between new and old Tannehill easily fits with the old category more than the new, since he is over that six year gap between the young guns...

Jackson (23)

Allen (24)

Mahomes (25)

Mayfield (25)

Goff (26)

Trubisky (26)

Wilson (32)

Tannehill (32)

Smith (36)

Rodgers (37)

Roethlisberger (38)

Rivers (39)

Brees (41)

Brady (43)

buuut I guess you could put Wilson and TanneGod in a category of their own easily enough

Rivers, would be nice to see him get one, the guy has always been a fierce competitor and I've always had mad respect for him since he played with the torn knee back in 08

Brees, he is probably the most underrated QB in my lifetime and a good dude, would be nice to see him get another.

Brady, I'm a Patriots fan so ofc 

The others would be fine too, I am just more indifferent about them winning.

Edited by childofpudding

2 hours ago, DannyB said:

Oof...

One day your guy is considered the best young quarterback in the league, then you blink your eyes one time and all of a sudden he's considered old.

Man.

I wish Patriots fans could witness that. Apparently Tom Brady is immortal and just needs a change of scenery every 20 or so seasons. 

You said old so its only Phillip Rivers for me!

Couldn't care less about the rest who already have a SB ring or two and under no circumstance do I want to see WTF/WFT win a SB, So Rivers thats it!

Josh Allen and the Bills for thier Franchises 1st , is who I want to see win it all though. 🤞🙏

57 minutes ago, Chargers said:

I wish Patriots fans could witness that. Apparently Tom Brady is immortal and just needs a change of scenery every 20 or so seasons. 

Oh they did. Once he was considered young and good, then in the blink of an eye he was old and good. Then in another blink of an eye he was still old and still good.

2007 was considered like, a marvel because everyone knew he was good but he was fully an established vet at that point, and finally had the weapons to show that he could put up numbers. And now, that season was only ONE THIRD of the way into his career.

I'm just going to attribute the fact that noone mentioned Ryan is that he isn't considered old yet (or the odds of him being on a good team next year are 0 :( )

I'd be okay with Rivers, Smith, Fitzpatrick (noone said starting QB) winning a ring. The other guys already have rings so I'm not inclined to cheer for them.