Hard Knocks: Desired and Projected

Woz

Hard Knocks: Desired and Projected  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you *want* to see on Hard Knocks next summer? (can choose more than one)

2. 2. Who do you think will *actually be* the Hard Knocks franchise next summer? (can only choose one)

• Arizona
    • Carolina
    • Dallas
    • Denver
    • NY Giants
    • Other - some other franchise will volunteer or be "volunteered" (post who it is)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/17/2021 at 03:59 AM

Given that:

1. The 2020 season has ended;
  2. This is Football's Future and all; and
  3. I am crap at projecting college talent into the pros so I don't have much to offer in terms of draft analysis

I figure I will go a different route and ask about Hard Knocks. Both who you want to see and who you actually believe you will see.

Eligibility of franchises

• AFC East
    • Buffalo: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2019 and 2020
    • Miami: exempt due to hosting the 2012 season (exemption expires after upcoming season)
    • New England: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2019
    • NY Jets: exempt due to having a new head coach
  • AFC North
    • Baltimore: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2019 and 2020
    • Cincinnati: exempt due to hosting the 2013 season
    • Cleveland: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2020 and hosting the 2018 season
    • Pittsburgh: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2020
  • AFC South
    • Houston: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2019, having a new head coach, and hosting the 2015 season
    • Indianapolis: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2020
    • Jacksonville: exempt due to having a new head coach
    • Tennessee: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2019 and 2020
  • AFC West
    • Denver
    • Kansas City: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2019 and 2020
    • Las Vegas: exempt due to hosting the 2019 season
    • LA Chargers: exempt due to having a new head coach and hosting the 2020 season
  • NFC East
    • Dallas
    • NY Giants
    • Philadelphia: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2019
    • Washington: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2020
  • NFC North
    • Chicago: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2020
    • Detroit: exempt due to having a new head coach
    • Green Bay: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2019 and 2020
    • Minnesota: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2019
  • NFC South
    • Atlanta: exempt due to having a new head coach
    • Carolina
    • New Orleans: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2019 and 2020
    • Tampa Bay: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2020 and hosting the 2017 season
  • NFC West
    • Arizona
    • LA Rams: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2020 and hosting the 2016 and 2020 seasons
    • San Francisco: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2019
    • Seattle: exempt due to making the playoffs in 2019 and 2020

Just now, BayRaider said:

None of those teams seem exactly interesting but... out of those teams:

Who I want: New York Giants

Who I think it'll be: Carolina Panthers

I suspect the Giants will fight tooth and nail to avoid hosting HK. Dallas might go for another round (did the show twice in its early years), but I suspect not. I agree with you on Carolina mainly because Tepper is the newest owner and doesn't have the political chits to call in to avoid it.

Not to turn this into another C19 related thread but are we sure they will even be able to have a hard knocks next year? Just a thought is all. 

Who I think?  Not sure.

Who I want?  Patriots.

With Cam all but gone it would be interesting to see how Belichick juggles the QB position from an "inside" perspective. 

23 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Not to turn this into another C19 related thread but are we sure they will even be able to have a hard knocks next year? Just a thought is all.

I thought about putting that as an option, but given that they A) put on HK this past year in the thick of it, and B) didn't cancel a single regular season game, I figured I would be a bit optimistic.

24 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Who I want?  Patriots.

With Cam all but gone it would be interesting to see how Belichick juggles the QB position from an "inside" perspective. 

Do you think that Kraft and Belichick would actually choose to host it? As interesting as it would be, I don't see any chance that Darth Hoody would ever volunteer to give anyone inside looks at his organization. EVER.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Woz said:

I thought about putting that as an option, but given that they A) put on HK this past year in the thick of it, and B) didn't cancel a single regular season game, I figured I would be a bit optimistic.

Do you think that Kraft and Belichick would actually choose to host it? As interesting as it would be, I don't see any chance that Darth Hoody would ever volunteer to give anyone inside looks at his organization. EVER.

I didn't say they would actually agree do it. I said that's who I would want. 

The Kraft/belichick debacle is part of what would make it interesting in relation to the QB situation seeing how things turned out between the two with the whole Brady thing. 

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Will Denver be the third...? We were just discussing this in Pat place 

When it was Elway/Fangio...no chance.   Vet / Lock combo (ugh).

Until our new GM is hired....can't discount any possibility (obv we'd need to trade up).

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

When it was Elway/Fangio...no chance.   Vet / Lock combo (ugh).

Until our new GM is hired....can't discount any possibility (obv we'd need to trade up).

So who else is in there that will definitely go QB? Jax and Jets, i don't think Atlanta or Dallas will. Detroit only if they move off Stafford. Cant rememebr who else is down there.

We are obviously desperate but we are 15

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

So who else is in there that will definitely go QB? Jax and Jets, i don't think Atlanta or Dallas will. Detroit only if they move off Stafford. Cant remember who else is down there.

We are obviously desperate but we are 15

CAR is definitely in play - Teddy B is signed for 1 more year, and he was a middle of pack QB despite having 3 WR's in the top 20......the very definition of caretaker.

ATL is a wild card, but if they hire Raheem Morris, agree it's more likely they hold off.    

Finally, SF is clearly interested in moving on from JimmyG - frankly, JimmyG in NE colors wouldn't shock me.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

It will be Dallas if it happens.

Bingo - way too many eyes on the Cowboys, both fans and detractors. Given it'll also be a look at how Dak Prescott looks following his ankle injury, it's nearly a no brainer.

Jerruh isn't one to reject efforts to promote his teams' brand as well, so he's not going to push back. (He might get some botox to look good for the cameras).

• Like 2