Hard Knocks: Desired and Projected

Woz

Hard Knocks: Desired and Projected  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you *want* to see on Hard Knocks next summer? (can choose more than one)

2. 2. Who do you think will *actually be* the Hard Knocks franchise next summer? (can only choose one)

• Arizona
    • Carolina
    • Dallas
    • Denver
    • NY Giants
    • Other - some other franchise will volunteer or be "volunteered" (post who it is)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/17/2021 at 03:59 AM

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

CAR is definitely in play - Teddy B is signed for 1 more year, and he was a middle of pack QB despite having 3 WR's in the top 20......the very definition of caretaker.

ATL is a wild card, but if they hire Raheem Morris, agree it's more likely they hold off.    

Finally, SF is clearly interested in moving on from JimmyG - frankly, JimmyG in NE colors wouldn't shock me.

Oh yeah.

The Jimmy, Darnold, Stafford and Dak storylines will be good over the off season.

Out of the eliglible teams anyone pretending they want to see anything other than the Cowboys is kidding themselves IMO. Hard Knocks is a soap opera, I'd much rather watch Jerruh put on a show then get 18 soft focus interviews of Matt Rhule talking about the importance of grit or whatever. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

So I've never watched this and have no intentions to, but here goes

Cowboys with the Dak comeback, and Zeke failed expectations, and defensive disaster make sense - although I don't care about the Cowboys AT ALL and I rebel at the notion that they get so much media attention

Giants make sense with the young QB on his last chance, plus Saquon coming back from injury

Cards would be fun with the Kyler/Nuk duo. They feel like a young offense that would just be slinging it and might translate well to tv

Denver and Carolina would be terrible

Is it some sort of rule that a team can't do it twice? Cincy would make sense given that young offense and several of the teams DQed for "new head coach" would also be more interesting than most of the actual choices

Have zero interest in any NFC East teams..New York and Dallas are boring they have no excitement they have mediocre coaches, dallas is in cap constraints with Dak so no big time FA will pop up.

I elected Arizona but I would like to see some other organization. I wouldnt mind Carolina but again they have a mediocre qb and the 8th pick unless they move up to get a qb there is no controversy to discuss. Ideally it would be one organization that elects it. Jaguars would be interesting new GM, new HC, Trevor Lawrence and a ton of cap to bring in FA not to mention the other picks they have a shot at. 

On 1/5/2021 at 10:34 AM, Broncofan said:

Has to be a team with 1 of the top 3 draft QB’s, unless they’re all off the board (NYJ / JAX will be).  

Unless they volunteer for it, they are exempt due to having a new head coach.

On 1/5/2021 at 3:32 PM, Tk3 said:

Is it some sort of rule that a team can't do it twice? Cincy would make sense given that young offense and several of the teams DQed for "new head coach" would also be more interesting than most of the actual choices

No. The Rams did it in both 2016 and 2020. However, any franchise that has done it in the last 10 years has an exemption. If the Bengals wanted to do it, they could volunteer for it, but given how teams have seem to have become gunshy about it (the reason the "forced to do it" rules came about in 2013), it is an open question whether they would say yes.

On 1/5/2021 at 11:38 AM, ET80 said:

Bingo - way too many eyes on the Cowboys, both fans and detractors. Given it'll also be a look at how Dak Prescott looks following his ankle injury, it's nearly a no brainer.

Jerruh isn't one to reject efforts to promote his teams' brand as well, so he's not going to push back. (He might get some botox to look good for the cameras).

McCarthy might refuse it. And contrary to popular belief,  Jerry gives his coaches pretty much full autonomy when it comes to football matters. The last time he interjected was TO. And when Jason wanted him gone, they cut him.

Hell, Stephen might veto it as well.

On 1/5/2021 at 2:32 PM, Tk3 said:

Cowboys with the Dak comeback, and Zeke failed expectations, and defensive disaster make sense - although I don't care about the Cowboys AT ALL and I rebel at the notion that they get so much media attention

Bruh, I can see the secret admiration flowing through you. Its like when you say the hot girl at school is and ugly b word because she didnt give you her phone number.