Rams at Seahawks - Wild Card

RamRod

Playoffs are here!

The biggest question surrounding this game is Goff's availability. Have to think if he's good to go he'll get the start. 

Aaron Donald said the Seahawks are exactly who they wanted. We have the advantage on defense, just need the offense to find the endzone for the first time in two games.

Im picking the Seahawks to win. The reason because of the Rams literally limping into this game. Yes they will be getting their guys back but I dont know how Whit will be coming off the injury, Akers is still dealing with the ankle injury, and there is no way Goff can have minor surgery which is still surgery on his thumb and be ready to go and play well enough to win. If the Rams were relatively healthy I would feel more confident. Then I throw my hands up when I hear people like Colin Cowherd, Marcellus Wiley, and Emmanuel Acho either think the Rams will pull the upset or just flat out dont trust the Seahawks in the playoffs because their offense has been struggling and they are going up against the Rams dominant defense. I would think it would be the other way around where they would say no matter how the Seahawks offense has look, they have Wilson and either the Rams have a banged up Goff or a UDFA in Wolford who while he looked good against the Cards it was one game.

The only hope I do have is Wolford. He did play well against the Cards and McVay opened up the playbook for him. The Rams will be getting Whit back and Kupp back. I think Goff will start but if Goff struggles in the 1st half and its still a close game maybe McVay pulls Goff for Wolford just to give the offense a spark. Maybe McVay plan is to start Wolford all along and his game against the Cards gave McVay even more confidence to do so. We shall see but either way my expectations for this game isnt high. If the Rams win it will say alot about this team and also just how the Rams have the Seahawks number beating them 9 out of the last 14 times. I expect though the Seahawks to win because again the Rams are limping into the playoffs.  

It's very interesting that McVay won't name a starter until gameday. I think both will be active and McVay know's who is starting on Saturday, but is smart to make Seattle prepare for both. He wouldn't even tip the hand of which QB is practicing with which Center (great question by Jourdan).

I think it will be Wolf with how much he keeps emphasizing the thumb in these exchanges with reporters so let's look at how Seattle faired vs "mobile" QB's this year.

vs Cam Newton 11 rush 47 yards 2 rush TD. 30/47 397 1TD 1 INT. Probably Cam's best game this season as a Patriot. Seattle won 35-30

vs Kyler Murray 14 rush 67 yards 1 rush TD. 34/48 360 yards passing 3 TD 1 INT Cardinals won 37-34

vs Kyler Murray 5 rush for 15 yards 0 TD. 29/42 2 TD 0 INT Seahawks won 28-21

No secret Seattle's defense has greatled improved the 2nd half of the season. Specifically the pass rush. Jamal Adams might be a game time decision.

4 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

It's very interesting that McVay won't name a starter until gameday. I think both will be active and McVay know's who is starting on Saturday, but is smart to make Seattle prepare for both. He wouldn't even tip the hand of which QB is practicing with which Center (great question by Jourdan).

I think it will be Wolf with how much he keeps emphasizing the thumb in these exchanges with reporters so let's look at how Seattle faired vs "mobile" QB's this year.

vs Cam Newton 11 rush 47 yards 2 rush TD. 30/47 397 1TD 1 INT. Probably Cam's best game this season as a Patriot. Seattle won 35-30

vs Kyler Murray 14 rush 67 yards 1 rush TD. 34/48 360 yards passing 3 TD 1 INT Cardinals won 37-34

vs Kyler Murray 5 rush for 15 yards 0 TD. 29/42 2 TD 0 INT Seahawks won 28-21

No secret Seattle's defense has greatled improved the 2nd half of the season. Specifically the pass rush. Jamal Adams might be a game time decision.

I wouldnt take any stock in those games. The first two games is where the Seahawks defense was historically bad. The second game against Murray is where the Seahawks defense was playing well then Murray hurt his shoulder so his performance significantly suffered.

My thinking is McVay will start Goff BUT I wonder if Goff will have a short leash if he starts slowly and/or struggle early? Even though its a playoff game it wont feel like it because its against a divisional opponent that we've seen twice already and we saw just two weeks ago. 

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Big Whit will be back? Woooooooohoooooooooooooo!

We need him. Goff wasnt getting pressured in the 1st meeting against Seattle when Whit was in the game. As soon as he left Goff started to get pressured. The 2nd meeting Goff was pressured on 24 dropbacks which is the most of his career. So we need Whit. The question I have is how will he fair? He wont be 100% and he is old. I do know he will be a spark though and hopefully he can help settle and stabilize the OL from all those pre snap penalties.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I wouldnt take any stock in those games. The first two games is where the Seahawks defense was historically bad. The second game against Murray is where the Seahawks defense was playing well then Murray hurt his shoulder so his performance significantly suffered.

My thinking is McVay will start Goff BUT I wonder if Goff will have a short leash if he starts slowly and/or struggle early? Even though its a playoff game it wont feel like it because its against a divisional opponent that we've seen twice already and we saw just two weeks ago. 

One thing that was very suprising to me is that Vegas put out a spread immediately without knowing who will be QB. Pretty such saying it doesn't matter who is QB. we're in this range.

Opened at +4.5. Confirmed Kupp and Brockers will come back and went to +4.

14 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

It's very interesting that McVay won't name a starter until gameday. I think both will be active and McVay know's who is starting on Saturday. 

I think if it's Wolf, Goff isn't going to be active. If he's too hurt to not start I don't know why he'd be an option. 

• Like 1

I'm a little nervous for this game given our team's health, but I definitely think it will be competitive and we can certainly win. The Seahawks are a good wildcard matchup, we know them very well and always play hard against them.

If I had to bet, I would bet Wolford sees playing time. I don't think it will be a massive problem, though. Wolford showed some abilities, McVay will gameplan around him, Kupp and hopefully Whitworth are both back, and Seattle's defense isn't that great. Jamal Adams is a gametime decision, so that would be a really nice bonus if he sits or plays at less than 100%.

Really looking forward to the game, should be a good one!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dtwizzy2k8 said:

I'm a little nervous for this game given our team's health, but I definitely think it will be competitive and we can certainly win. The Seahawks are a good wildcard matchup, we know them very well and always play hard against them.

If I had to bet, I would bet Wolford sees playing time. I don't think it will be a massive problem, though. Wolford showed some abilities, McVay will gameplan around him, Kupp and hopefully Whitworth are both back, and Seattle's defense isn't that great. Jamal Adams is a gametime decision, so that would be a really nice bonus if he sits or plays at less than 100%.

Really looking forward to the game, should be a good one!

Looking forward to it as well. I don’t think this team is as beat up as people are saying. Aside from Goff being hurt I think the rams are actually in a pretty good spot at the moment. I think Goff will get the start this weekend. Just a feeling though. This game will come down to the turnover battle. Hopefully the rams defense can somehow stop/slow down Russ and DK for a third time and then hopefully play smart on offense. This entire playoff run comes down to the offense. No one doubts the defense. 

13 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Im picking the Seahawks to win. The reason because of the Rams literally limping into this game. Yes they will be getting their guys back but I dont know how Whit will be coming off the injury, Akers is still dealing with the ankle injury, and there is no way Goff can have minor surgery which is still surgery on his thumb and be ready to go and play well enough to win. If the Rams were relatively healthy I would feel more confident. Then I throw my hands up when I hear people like Colin Cowherd, Marcellus Wiley, and Emmanuel Acho either think the Rams will pull the upset or just flat out dont trust the Seahawks in the playoffs because their offense has been struggling and they are going up against the Rams dominant defense. I would think it would be the other way around where they would say no matter how the Seahawks offense has look, they have Wilson and either the Rams have a banged up Goff or a UDFA in Wolford who while he looked good against the Cards it was one game.

The only hope I do have is Wolford. He did play well against the Cards and McVay opened up the playbook for him. The Rams will be getting Whit back and Kupp back. I think Goff will start but if Goff struggles in the 1st half and its still a close game maybe McVay pulls Goff for Wolford just to give the offense a spark. Maybe McVay plan is to start Wolford all along and his game against the Cards gave McVay even more confidence to do so. We shall see but either way my expectations for this game isnt high. If the Rams win it will say alot about this team and also just how the Rams have the Seahawks number beating them 9 out of the last 14 times. I expect though the Seahawks to win because again the Rams are limping into the playoffs.  

I was kind of surprised to see him back so soon but for what it’s worth he says he’s 100%. Hopefully we can get something going on the ground because the run game hasn’t been much of a factor of recent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RamRod said:

I was kind of surprised to see him back so soon but for what it’s worth he says he’s 100%. Hopefully we can get something going on the ground because the run game hasn’t been much of a factor of recent.

I don't know that I buy that Akers is "100%". High ankle sprains are not something you can recover 100% from in one week, and Akers did not look like his pre-injury self against the Cardinals. This sounds like gamesmanship from the Rams, the same way that McVay kept saying Gurley was "healthy" a couple years ago in the playoffs even though he clearly wasn't and had an arthritic knee the whole time.

Akers's health and ability is a major X-factor to me in this game. But hopefully Henderson will be back to take some of the pressure off of him if he's struggling.