Rams at Seahawks - Wild Card

RamRod

26 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Anyone want to guess what the opening line will be next week? Kupp looks like he's playing. I think regardless of Wolford's injury, McVay has to roll with Goff. (I personally wouldn't, but Goff earned it after today). Donald came back to the side line with helmet on and I think would of been in if the game got to one score, so let's say he plays.

Rams +6.5 opening line would be my guess. O/U 46.5 

I honestly could care less about the line next week. Rams were heavy underdogs in New Orleans in the NFCCG with no chance or winning because Gurley wasn’t right and the Saints in that dome is scary. Rams went in there and beat them. 

As long as Goff doesn’t have multiple turnovers or even a killer turnover in a critical situation, I think the Rams will have just as good of a chance to win as the Packers. The Packers can’t stop run unlike the Saints who dominates run defense. McVay gameplan should be that of the Pats game. Hand the ball off to Akers and Brown and get the game physical. The Niners last season only allowed Jimmy G to throw 8 times because they dominated the ground game. So the Rams I expect to do the same and they can win. Not saying they will win but they can. 

48 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I honestly could care less about the line next week. Rams were heavy underdogs in New Orleans in the NFCCG with no chance or winning because Gurley wasn’t right and the Saints in that dome is scary. Rams went in there and beat them. 

As long as Goff doesn’t have multiple turnovers or even a killer turnover in a critical situation, I think the Rams will have just as good of a chance to win as the Packers. The Packers can’t stop run unlike the Saints who dominates run defense. McVay gameplan should be that of the Pats game. Hand the ball off to Akers and Brown and get the game physical. The Niners last season only allowed Jimmy G to throw 8 times because they dominated the ground game. So the Rams I expect to do the same and they can win. Not saying they will win but they can. 

I wouldn't get cocky. It's going to be very hard to beat GB at Lambeau, especially if Goff isn't at 100%.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btfd16 said:

Such a bittersweet win until I know the extent of the injuries. But very happy for an extra week of Staley not interviewing.

Thing is, I'm not sure, given the COVID conditions, how much assistants still in the playoffs not-interviewing is a thing right now, since almost any 1st interview is going to be done over Zoom/Teams/etc.

54 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I wouldn't get cocky. It's going to be very hard to beat GB at Lambeau, especially if Goff isn't at 100%.

Oh I know it’s not going to be easy. I’m just saying with this defense and McVay need to take a page from Kyle and just run the ball until GB can show they can stop it. The Rams will is be a good chance. It will come to Goff being smart with the ball and making a few plays. I just believe in this defense and Akers combined with the Packers have shown they can get ran on which is the Rams strength. Akers could have another 150+yds from scrimmage game. But most definitely it’s going to be a challenge and I’ve been on the record saying I didn’t want to play in Green Bay. 

• Like 1

Just now, NVRamsFan said:

Seattle lost to Dallas in the playoffs. That’s how bad it’s been. The accident waiting to happen. What could go wrong will go wrong. Seattle lost to that team. Actually that’s the only playoff win seemingly Dallas has in feels like forever lol. 

For all the praise Wilson and Carroll get they haven’t been the same since Carroll decided to throw the ball at the goaline in the Superbowl and it cost them back to back Superbowls. 

Congrats on the win fellas. Hope there is more to come God willing

Very impressed with Goff today. Dude was different today. You can just tell by his body language and mannerisms during and after the game. 

you can even tell during post game presser he had a little flare to him. Love seeing that from him because it translates to better play on the field  

I think being benched lit a fire under him, and I hope he can keep that fire alive the rest of the way. 

He came in a game today he had no business playing in, and threw a TD which sealed the game. 

it’s super hard to write with a pen with a broken thumb, dude was throwing a football with one. Major props and I wish him and the team continued success

Edited by rocky_rams
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I gotta be honest, seeing Bobby Evans at LG, I am surprised Blythe is starting this year. I really wonder if we'd have a better starting five with Whit-Evans-Corbett-Edwards-Hav. 

I like Corbett. I think dude has great potential at center. He’s a good dude in real life as well. 

my cousins wife is his wife’s personal makeup artist in Sparks, Nevada 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Very impressed with Goff today. Dude was different today. You can just tell by his body language and mannerisms during and after the game. 

you can even tell during post game presser he had a little flare to him. Love seeing that from him because it translates to better play on the field  

I think being benched lit a fire under him, and I hope he can keep that fire alive the rest of the way. 

He came in a game today he had no business playing in, and threw a TD which sealed the game. 

it’s super hard to write with a pen with a broken thumb, dude was throwing a football with one. Major props and I wish him and the team continued success

Impressed with Goff ? you are kidding right ? Yes he was tough to play with an injury but that's what a QB paid 35M a year is expected to do...to play through pain.

You gotta be impressed with Darious Williams pick 6 that gives us an edge and how the defense play without Donald.

Offensive line that create hole, Akers and Brown for running through this defense.

Kupp and Woods as they made incredible catch.  

Goff should be the last on the list to be congratulate. 

Edited by Flounch

Very happy with this win. I’ll always get extra joy beating the Seahawks, but it’s even better knocking that cry baby Pete and the phony Russ out of the playoffs

BUT, I still can’t understand not having the 3rd QB suited up. It’s unlikely that you get 2 freak injuries, but when one of them are already hurt, with a throwing hand injury, it will just never make sense to me. I said if we lost this would have been on McVay, and I believe that. But it was very impressive what he schemed up with a hobbled QB, and he deserves all the credit for this win. 

We all know this defense is a monster, with two of the best players in the league on that side of the ball, but we also need to shout out some of those other guys today. Morgan fox was huge, Kenny Young showed up, and while I know he’s on his way out, JJJis a stud and it will be a bummer to see him go. 

And unfortunately I have no real hope at QB right now. Goffs thumb only got worse through the game, as gutty as he was, and as smart as he was being with the ball, we saw it fly out of his hand before he wanted it to multiple times. Apparently Bortles is a rusty old bucket or you’d think he would have dressed. And as cool as it was to hear Wolf made it back to celebrate, it’s still a neck injury, he was in real pain when they checked him. That’s scary and I’m not sure they will even let him suit up next week. And while I know some of you thought he was getting in a grove, I didn’t see anything else that made me change my mind from last week

Edited by StLunatic88

26 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Going forward it's obvious the defense needs to carry us. But I'm concerned what's happening to Hekker. We need to be able to flip field positions and he's been really off for several weeks now. 

Yea, it seems he is worried about the rush getting to him as he has been hurrying kicks. Also he doesn’t seem to want anyone returning on him, and I don’t blame him for not really trusting our special teams units right now. 

We need someone else taking over Special Teams next year

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1