Jump to content

Rams at Seahawks - Wild Card


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I mean no offense, but I think y'all are overrating Adams a tad. He's a possession WR who wins with route running and in the air (like Hopkins). He's more twitched up than a guy like Hopkins, while Hopkins is more physical. Ultimately, I'd call Hopkins a better WR.

Adams is great, but he's not a unique, unheard of type talent. Ramsey has faced D.K., Diggs, Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Mike Evans, and McLaurin this year, and he has limited all of them. I agree with you that Adams will make a few catches. We don't have Ramsey locked on the opposing #1 WR on all plays. But when Ramsey is on him, it'll be tough sledding. Ramsey's size, physicality, and speed are going to make it really tough on Adams to separate, unless the refs decide to crack down on the DBs in this game.

Adams is pretty unique in the league right now because of how explosive he is in short areas.  Very different than Metcalf or Robinson or Hopkins or Evans.  He's more Diggs like, but 'Vante is much better and quicker right away than even Diggs is.

And this is the important part....Adams and Rodgers know what each other is thinking.  There's extreme chemistry there, unlike those other guys and their QB's.  It is on a different level.  It's Jordy/Rodgers like right now.

Adams isn't going to run by you for a long catch.  He's gonna catch a lot of quick stuff.  He's going to set you up for a move downfield and then exploit it.  It is what he does.

On your side, Ramsey likes splash plays.  I feel like he can be set up for a big play by using that nature against him.

It will be a very, very fun matchup to watch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Adams is pretty unique in the league right now because of how explosive he is in short areas.  Very different than Metcalf or Robinson or Hopkins or Evans.  He's more Diggs like, but 'Vante is much better and quicker right away than even Diggs is.

And this is the important part....Adams and Rodgers know what each other is thinking.  There's extreme chemistry there, unlike those other guys and their QB's.  It is on a different level.  It's Jordy/Rodgers like right now.

He's really not. As for the chemistry bit, you can say the same for just about every other highly productive WR with a good or great QB.

Quote

 

Adams isn't going to run by you for a long catch.  He's gonna catch a lot of quick stuff.  He's going to set you up for a move downfield and then exploit it.  It is what he does.

On your side, Ramsey likes splash plays.  I feel like he can be set up for a big play by using that nature against him.

It will be a very, very fun matchup to watch.

 

I expect every CB likes splash plays. But Ramsey doesn't do much gambling. I'm sure they'll try to get the quick game going. Our defense will give it up to some extent because they know they can rally to the ball and limit YAC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's really not. As for the chemistry bit, you can say the same for just about every other highly productive WR with a good or great QB.

I expect every CB likes splash plays. But Ramsey doesn't do much gambling. I'm sure they'll try to get the quick game going. Our defense will give it up to some extent because they know they can rally to the ball and limit YAC.

Quickest release off the line in all of football. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm looking forward to the matchup as well.

Couple little thoughts to add to your post, regarding the Packers.

  • Packers have not played well after a week off, while under MLF.
  • When the Packers lose, it is because they get overwhelmed and beaten soundly on the LOS.  Both sides. (Our DC is pretty stupid that way, he will give away his side of the LOS if it prevents long pass plays.)
  • The Packers win convincingly when they themselves control the LOS.
  • The Packers win quite a bit when only losing the LOS battle by a little bit.

If you want to win, you gotta really control both sides of the LOS.  Rodgers is that good that he can take a little loss up there and still win.  You gotta dominate that the LOS.

And I've long admired Brockers.  Was a big fan of Robinson.  Donald is amazing.  Floyd is playing better now than he did in Chicago.

Point being, I feel like you have the horses on the DL to take the LOS and make this a very good game.

And vice versa...the Packers OL is very good, with depth.  You will test that depth.

Good post. I agree with most of it. I'd also comment that the Packers did have a first round bye last year and beat Seattle in the divisional round. For what it's worth. However, the Bucs smashed Green Bay off their most recent bye

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I'm looking forward to the matchup as well.

Couple little thoughts to add to your post, regarding the Packers.

  • Packers have not played well after a week off, while under MLF.
  • When the Packers lose, it is because they get overwhelmed and beaten soundly on the LOS.  Both sides. (Our DC is pretty stupid that way, he will give away his side of the LOS if it prevents long pass plays.)
  • The Packers win convincingly when they themselves control the LOS.
  • The Packers win quite a bit when only losing the LOS battle by a little bit.

If you want to win, you gotta really control both sides of the LOS.  Rodgers is that good that he can take a little loss up there and still win.  You gotta dominate that the LOS.

And I've long admired Brockers.  Was a big fan of Robinson.  Donald is amazing.  Floyd is playing better now than he did in Chicago.

Point being, I feel like you have the horses on the DL to take the LOS and make this a very good game.

And vice versa...the Packers OL is very good, with depth.  You will test that depth.

Just reading what you said in this it felt like I was reading about the Rams. The offenses really are similar imo.. even with the few differences in some plays and players. The rams definitely tend to do REALLY well when the offense controls the LOS. They can do anything, even if Goff is having an off day because the Defense usually gives them time to get rolling. However, I guess most teams will probably find a lot of success if they can control the LOS and keep their QB clean. This has been a matchup I’ve wanted to see all year. Really hope it’s a good one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

He's really not. As for the chemistry bit, you can say the same for just about every other highly productive WR with a good or great QB.

I expect every CB likes splash plays. But Ramsey doesn't do much gambling. I'm sure they'll try to get the quick game going. Our defense will give it up to some extent because they know they can rally to the ball and limit YAC.

Eh.  Not with Rodgers.  Took 'Vante a lot of years to get that down.  But it is there now.

They were not last year.  This offense this year is light years different than last year.

And Rodgers still isn't in synch with MVS or ESB (#3, #4 WR who have been there 3 years).  If you want to get "in" with Rodgers, you need to understand defensive football and make adjustments on the fly.  You need to run precise routes.  Seems easy enough, but it really isn't.  Our #2, Lazard, is starting to get on that same page.

Ramsey wise, I only get to see the Rams when they are on TV and the Packers aren't playing.  

Was it Gallup that got behind him at the end of the game that should have been a TD to win the game?  Or tie?  Thinking he got away with a penalty, or that was disaster.  That's where my comment came from.  Not a large sample of games or plays, just that one in a huge moment stuck out to me.

And it doesn't really matter to me.  Adams vs. Ramsey will be fun to watch.

Thinking GB is undefeated in games that "Vante hasn't played in the past two years, so it isn't like taking him away means the offense goes into the tank.

And...I've always liked watching the Rams.  The offense looks very familiar and I dig it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Just reading what you said in this it felt like I was reading about the Rams. The offenses really are similar imo.. even with the few differences in some plays and players. The rams definitely tend to do REALLY well when the offense controls the LOS. They can do anything, even if Goff is having an off day because the Defense usually gives them time to get rolling. However, I guess most teams will probably find a lot of success if they can control the LOS and keep their QB clean. This has been a matchup I’ve wanted to see all year. Really hope it’s a good one. 

It's gonna be a good one.  Teams are too similar.  McVay, LaFleur....etc.

You are 3 deep at RB.  So is GB.

O-lines are both good.

Both have an elite corner.  Both have good second corners and maybe even third corner.

You've got Floyd on the EDGE, we have Z.  But we also have Preston and Gary (who is coming on as of late).

WR wise, we've got one elite one.  Then a bunch of guys that just make it work.  I think you lack the elite WR, but as a unit, yours are better.

DL.  We know what you have.  We have Clark, who is very good, but not a force of nature like Donald.

How are your safeties?  We've got two very good ones.  Savage is coming on nicely.

QB is where GB has the advantage.

Our DC is our big disadvantage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Eh.  Not with Rodgers.  Took 'Vante a lot of years to get that down.  But it is there now.

They were not last year.  This offense this year is light years different than last year.

And Rodgers still isn't in synch with MVS or ESB (#3, #4 WR who have been there 3 years).  If you want to get "in" with Rodgers, you need to understand defensive football and make adjustments on the fly.  You need to run precise routes.  Seems easy enough, but it really isn't.  Our #2, Lazard, is starting to get on that same page.

Ramsey wise, I only get to see the Rams when they are on TV and the Packers aren't playing.  

Was it Gallup that got behind him at the end of the game that should have been a TD to win the game?  Or tie?  Thinking he got away with a penalty, or that was disaster.  That's where my comment came from.  Not a large sample of games or plays, just that one in a huge moment stuck out to me.

And it doesn't really matter to me.  Adams vs. Ramsey will be fun to watch.

Thinking GB is undefeated in games that "Vante hasn't played in the past two years, so it isn't like taking him away means the offense goes into the tank.

And...I've always liked watching the Rams.  The offense looks very familiar and I dig it.

Gallup got behind him to get Dallas into FG range (for the tie), but he got called for a push-off (OPI). It was a weakish call, and Ramsey did some acting. Week 1 was his worst game of the year. Every once in awhile, a WR will get behind him. But that's life as a NFL CB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

It's gonna be a good one.  Teams are too similar.  McVay, LaFleur....etc.

You are 3 deep at RB.  So is GB.

O-lines are both good.

Both have an elite corner.  Both have good second corners and maybe even third corner.

You've got Floyd on the EDGE, we have Z.  But we also have Preston and Gary (who is coming on as of late).

WR wise, we've got one elite one.  Then a bunch of guys that just make it work.  I think you lack the elite WR, but as a unit, yours are better.

DL.  We know what you have.  We have Clark, who is very good, but not a force of nature like Donald.

How are your safeties?  We've got two very good ones.  Savage is coming on nicely.

QB is where GB has the advantage.

Our DC is our big disadvantage.

I can agree on pretty much all of that. Last time around was a fun game as well. Bit unfortunate for you guys with that fumble at the end but hey.. that’s football haha 

I think I speak for all (or most) Rams fans when I say that our safeties have been pretty lights out. John Johnson leads the defense and has been unbelievable all year. Got some all pro votes. Next to him is Jordan Fuller who is a rookie and going to be an absolute star. A lot of really good depth there too. It’s safe to say the Rams have a knack for drafting great safeties in later rounds. Hope someone here backs me up so I don’t sound like a total homer lmao but I’d put them along with the best in the league. 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how this board feels about ProFootballFocus, but...

GB

Amos was the second highest graded safety.  Savage was the 9'th highest graded safety.

Alexander was the #1 graded corner.

None of our other corners were rated highly, but Kevin King has talent.  He's the guy you will go after.

Rams

Johnson was the third highest graded safety.

Fuller was 33rd.  Rapp was 32nd.

Ramsey was the 8th ranked corner.

Williams was 4th.

Hill was 18.

I didn't realize that your secondary was that highly graded! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Not sure how this board feels about ProFootballFocus, but...

GB

Amos was the second highest graded safety.  Savage was the 9'th highest graded safety.

Alexander was the #1 graded corner.

None of our other corners were rated highly, but Kevin King has talent.  He's the guy you will go after.

Rams

Johnson was the third highest graded safety.

Fuller was 33rd.  Rapp was 32nd.

Ramsey was the 8th ranked corner.

Williams was 4th.

Hill was 18.

I didn't realize that your secondary was that highly graded! 

To be frank, I have never been a fan of PFF's grading. I don't think there's a Ram fan out there (at least a knowledgeable one) who will seriously argue that Darious Williams is anywhere close to Jalen Ramsey as a CB. Darious is a heck of a #2 CB and a ballhawk, but there's a reason Staley treats Jalen different than every player on this defense not named Aaron Donald. He has built the scheme around Ramsey's and Donald's strengths. 

(I won't get into my other issues with the grades. But let's just say I strongly disagree with them on Jordan Fuller too.)

Edited by jrry32
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yah missed the point.  I don't care whether you agree or don't agree with PFF.

On their paper, both teams have pretty good if not great secondary play.

Does that pass your eyeball test of your team?

It does for me on my team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...