Jump to content

Rams at Seahawks - Wild Card


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson have never lost a home playoff game, so I'd say pack a few sets of clothes and enjoy being in Seattle. You'll be heading home soon.

😉

Jim Carrey Dumb And Dumber GIF - JimCarrey DumbAndDumber LaLaLa - Discover  & Share GIFs

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, showtime said:

Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson have never lost a home playoff game, so I'd say pack a few sets of clothes and enjoy being in Seattle. You'll be heading home soon.

😉

There’s always a first time for everything. Guess McVay has to pop their cherry 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

There’s always a first time for everything. Guess McVay has to pop their cherry 

Plus McVay has never lost twice to Seattle in the same season. Carroll even did that to Fish. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Obviously, nobody can predict what will happen on Saturday, but it's looking more and more like Goff will play:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/9277/jared-goff

I agree. McVay is stalling just to make Carrol spend time preparing for Wolford. Smart move. We might see some Jalen Hurts/Taysom Hill stuff, but looking like Goff is going to be the guy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I hope we have a lead at halftime so I can hit them with THE STAT. 

Just hit them with the fact that in Wilson and Carroll tenure in Seattle the Rams had these QBs beat them: Sam Bradford, Austin Davis, Nick Foles, Case Keenum twice, and obviously Goff five times. So to anyone who says they cant even imagine Wolford beating Wilson and the Seahawks need to look no further than Austin Davis who didnt even throw a td pass that game (it was Hekker who threw a td pass) beat Wilson and the Seahawks. So the Rams CAN beat Seattle with Goff or Wolford. To me it comes down to how effective Goff and Whit is coming off injuries and how much better Akers will be in his second game back since suffering the ankle sprain. McVay will have his team prepared no doubt and Wilson struggles against this Rams defense and has really since he came into the league. So its no lock for Seattle to win Saturday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Colin Cowherd picked the Rams to beat the Seahawks. Two points I like to make. He picked the Rams to beat the Cowboys and Saints the last time the Rams were in the playoffs. Also this season he is (9-1) on his Rams picks. So he usually is right with his Rams picks. Makes me feel more confident heading into this game. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Colin Cowherd picked the Rams to beat the Seahawks. Two points I like to make. He picked the Rams to beat the Cowboys and Saints the last time the Rams were in the playoffs. Also this season he is (9-1) on his Rams picks. So he usually is right with his Rams picks. Makes me feel more confident heading into this game. 

He's the first person I've seen on TV really picking the Rams. Seattle finished the season strong by winning the division and their defense really stepped it up, while we struggled towards the end. Momentum heading into playoffs explains why we're seeing this, but I really think we got lucky pulling SEA. Only other matchup I would of wanted was the NFC East.

Defense should be able to force atleast one turnover and keep the game within reach at all times. Really hope we can get Akers going early to establish the run. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

He's the first person I've seen on TV really picking the Rams. Seattle finished the season strong by winning the division and their defense really stepped it up, while we struggled towards the end. Momentum heading into playoffs explains why we're seeing this, but I really think we got lucky pulling SEA. Only other matchup I would of wanted was the NFC East.

Defense should be able to force atleast one turnover and keep the game within reach at all times. Really hope we can get Akers going early to establish the run. 

It’s weird because I feel like for as much as people say they like the Rams in general I feel like every playoff game the public picked against the Rams. Falcons, Cowboys, Saints, Pats, and now Seattle I feel like most of the public really liked those teams to win against the Rams. I’m ok with that because I like being the underdog. Let all the pressure be on the opposing team. 

I think the defense need to force at least a turnover. I don’t know the stat but I’m sure the Rams haven’t won any games when they didn’t get at least a takeaway. So it’s a must they force a turnover. 

Edited by stl4life07
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

 

This is the first I read that Wolf took the "majority" of the snaps this week. 🤔

The snaps doesn't surprise me due to not wanting to put unnecessary stress on the thumb. If Wolford goes, let's hope he finds his groove again. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

The snaps doesn't surprise me due to not wanting to put unnecessary stress on the thumb. If Wolford goes, let's hope he finds his groove again. 

True plus this is surprising after team reporters at camp said they don't see the majority of practices in fact they only see the warmups. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2021 at 7:51 PM, showtime said:

Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson have never lost a home playoff game, so I'd say pack a few sets of clothes and enjoy being in Seattle. You'll be heading home soon.

😉

In the age of COVID is home field even that much of a factor anymore?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, RamRod said:

In the age of COVID is home field even that much of a factor anymore?

Not at all, not that it was that much of an advantage recently against us anyways, but he knows this that's why he posted it :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RamRod said:

In the age of COVID is home field even that much of a factor anymore?

Home field across the league was barely over 50%. Conversely, Seahawks were 7-1.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...