Browns HC Kevin Stefanski & four others test postive for COVID-19

MWil23

50 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

Oof, Bitonio. He's a good G.

Even as a fan of a team who would miss the benefit of finishing the highest, NFL should put everyone on a bye

The bye week before playoffs should be a permanent fixture for all teams anyways. More time to recover and practice makes for more competitive football. HFA is enough for the seeds anyways.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Teller is back, but losing Hubbard as our swing OT/OG for the season was a massive blow. Throw in how bad Nick Harris is as our OG (He's the fourth OG on the depth chart, 3rd string, but our backup Center), and that really hurts from a depth perspective. As long as everyone else stays healthy, hopefully he can at least play average...but losing Bitonio as one of the best OG in the NFL and then downgrading to trash against this Front 7 is a major loss.

Harris is on IR. So we're extremely thin at guard. And with how vital our OL is to our offense, it could get ugly for us on Sunday.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Which is all the more reason why its so rediculous the NFL didnt have a backup plan. I get having 1 or 2 guys out being a whatever situation, but when there has CLEARLY been a outbreak with the Browns team over the last 3 weeks its dumb that they didnt do anything about it and just kept forcing them to play.

They forced them to play through the Jets game when there was OL and all WRs on COVID, a week later there are more positive cases with the coaches and defensive players. Its a outbreak just like the Ravens had. Its just extended over a 2-3 week period and the NFL has given the Browns 0 help with this.

I don't have a real issue with how the NFL handled it this season. They sorta had a backup plan if it got out of control but as a league it really didn't. There were issues with certain teams but if you delay the Browns playing a regular season game until after the season with the extended week who says things would have gotten better the next week, then they would have to play 2 games after the season while everyone else waited? It could be 3 weeks with it being Covid if there was a major outbreak.

I also think they handled the Steelers/Ravens game as well as to be expected. The goal was to not have positive players playing in the game, not getting Ravens players back on the field for that game. Yeah the Steelers were inconvenienced a bit but it was 2020 we all were. Not playing a game is a bye for the physical well being of players and they got that with 14 days off between week 3 and 5 and they had a 10 day period between week 11 and 12. They then had to play 5 days later (better than a regular Thursday night matchup) and 6 days after that, or the same as a Monday night game followed by a Sunday game. Physically they weren't asked to do anything outrageous  even if it hurt their off duty schedules.

The NFL, just like the Country and just like the World gets a little bit of a pass because we've never dealt with anything like this in our lifetime. Next time, which may be next season for the NFL, I would expect it to be handled better because we have precedent.

It's still okay to give the NFL a little grief out of fun, they can handle it. I do understand their goal and think they have done their best in seeing that goal is met. Sure the Broncos had a rough task playing with no QB and other teams have lost complete position groups which put them at a great disadvantage but that is out of their control unless they potentially extend the season/postseason by an unknown amount of time which could have been months if small outbreaks extended multiple weeks with a single team or outbreaks happened in the weeks after the season when games were scheduled to be made up.

Yeah, I would scroll right past this post, way too many words.

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Teller is back, but losing Hubbard as our swing OT/OG for the season was a massive blow. Throw in how bad Nick Harris is as our OG (He's the fourth OG on the depth chart, 3rd string, but our backup Center), and that really hurts from a depth perspective. As long as everyone else stays healthy, hopefully he can at least play average...but losing Bitonio as one of the best OG in the NFL and then downgrading to trash against this Front 7 is a major loss.

You do know Nick Harris is out, right?  We have to play that guy AFTER Harris on the depth chart.  It might be Lamm (who's actually a tackle).  Or it will be a guy we pull in off the street...

Just now, ReggieCamp said:

You do know Nick Harris is out, right?  We have to play that guy AFTER Harris on the depth chart.  It might be Lamm (who's actually a tackle).  Or it will be a guy we pull in off the street...

I'd rather have Lamm than Harris in there to be honest. Now if anyone gets nicked up on the line we are putting who knows in there and that will really hurt. Just gotta cross our fingers that we stay healthy and hope Bitonio can make it back for the game against the Chiefs. By the time we play the Bills we should be pretty healthy and we get a little break before facing the Saints.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'd rather have Lamm than Harris in there to be honest. Now if anyone gets nicked up on the line we are putting who knows in there and that will really hurt. Just gotta cross our fingers that we stay healthy and hope Bitonio can make it back for the game against the Chiefs. By the time we play the Bills we should be pretty healthy and we get a little break before facing the Saints.

Kendall Lamm has one career snap at guard.

So we should be good.

10 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

200.gif

49 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Kendall Lamm has one career snap at guard.

So we should be good.

It's not ideal, but Harris didn't seem ready. Lamm should be able to handle it. Tretter will keep him aware of what he needs to do I would think, go push that guy standing in front of you, or whatever it is that they do.