Browns HC Kevin Stefanski & four others test postive for COVID-19

MWil23

16 minutes ago, DawgX said:

The Steelers have no excuses to lose this game at this pint.

Yeah but spin zone - now as a Browns fan you're playing with house money more than almost any playoff team I can remember.

Like, you lose...big whoop. You should have. But a win? Wooooooo boy that'll be an all-timer.

Honestly makes this probably a more enjoyable watch for some Browns fans...get to absolutely ride high on the highs during the game and not really care as much about the lows as much as you would have.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah but spin zone - now as a Browns fan you're playing with house money more than almost any playoff team I can remember.

Like, you lose...big whoop. You should have. But a win? Wooooooo boy that'll be an all-timer.

Honestly makes this probably a more enjoyable watch for some Browns fans...get to absolutely ride high on the highs during the game and not really care as much about the lows as much as you would have.

Good point.

At this point I just hope we keep it competitive.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Certainly good for the coaching staff (that will actually be there) that there is less pressure to win because it isn't expected under these circumstances.

As a fan, I've got no risk so give me the tables being turned and a better chance to win over this. Sure the win may not be as sweet but I'll take an 80% chance at a blah win over a 40% chance at a memorable victory. Every time.

26 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

They seriously going to have a team play a playoff game without any practice? That is obscene. 

To be fair, the Browns haven't really practiced in 4 weeks. A half day here and there and some parking lot preparing on game days. It's unfortunate but at least it isn't new.

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Reminds me of the Eagles 2017 run, although they were the 1 seed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Certainly good for the coaching staff (that will actually be there) that there is less pressure to win because it isn't expected under these circumstances.

As a fan, I've got no risk so give me the tables being turned and a better chance to win over this. Sure the win may not be as sweet but I'll take an 80% chance at a blah win over a 40% chance at a memorable victory. Every time.

Well yeah, obviously lol. Who wouldn’t.

But that’s not the situation you’re in, hence my “spin zone” comment

8 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Well yeah, obviously lol. Who wouldn’t.

But that’s not the situation you’re in, hence my “spin zone” comment

Well you said "if you lose big whoop" but when you only make the playoffs every 20 years it is still a big whoop.

As a fan I'm not giving the team a pass, at least not yet. Yeah it hurts that our defense lost what is probably our best safety and a probowl LG along with a few coaches including the head coach but there is still enough firepower on offense to make it interesting. Firepower mostly being the running attack and Baker/Landry but it's something. Defensively we're in bad shape but we get our best LB back and we at least have a gameplan against Roethlisberger. If he beats it by standing in the pocket and throwing downfield then so be it but we know what he wants to do and feels comfortable doing so there is a chance to take it away.

Yeah, odds are against the Browns but they can still come out and play well and win and it won't mean Pittsburgh choked, they haven't been great the last 6 or so games.

27 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well you said "if you lose big whoop" but when you only make the playoffs every 20 years it is still a big whoop.

As a fan I'm not giving the team a pass, at least not yet. Yeah it hurts that our defense lost what is probably our best safety and a probowl LG along with a few coaches including the head coach but there is still enough firepower on offense to make it interesting. Firepower mostly being the running attack and Baker/Landry but it's something. Defensively we're in bad shape but we get our best LB back and we at least have a gameplan against Roethlisberger. If he beats it by standing in the pocket and throwing downfield then so be it but we know what he wants to do and feels comfortable doing so there is a chance to take it away.

Yeah, odds are against the Browns but they can still come out and play well and win and it won't mean Pittsburgh choked, they haven't been great the last 6 or so games.

Yeah I mean all that is fair for sure i’m just not 100% positive I know what it is you’re trying to get across because each subsequent post has been about something different ha. The ‘big whoop’ was more about how since everyone is counting you out already, it’s not like you have this added outside pressure to win the game. And yeah, like your 2nd post said, obviously you’d rather trade positions with the team who’s favored to win. lol. 

But you should certainly still be in a position where you want your team to win, that goes without saying.