Browns HC Kevin Stefanski & four others test postive for COVID-19

With five positive cases, including the Head Coach, I have to think there's going to be more positives in the upcoming days....

Interesting to see what the NFL will do. This isn't the regular season.

If the Browns are forced to field a skeleton crew for a playoff game, it will definitely look bad for the NFL in the eyes of the public & media.

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I feel like, in 2 hours, I could come up with a plan to let the coaches be isolated, in the stadium, in direct communication w/ their team/coaches.

How is that not a thing?

Because there would be a headline "NFL & Browns let COVID positive people in stadium to coach game putting others in jeopardy" and then people online would get very mad. I agree with you btw.

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 2
Just now, FinSting said:

Just call the head coach's cell phone and put him on speaker for the whole game.

This is not rocket science. 

Or you know, use Zoom or something.

But still, it would be a pretty massive disadvantage. Also assumes Stefanski isn't experiencing symptoms.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

With five positive cases, including the Head Coach, I have to think there's going to be more positives in the upcoming days....

If the Browns are forced to field a skeleton crew for a playoff game, it will definitely look bad for the NFL in the eyes of the public & media.

Yeah this can get weird. Can’t postpone it, can’t really let it go forward if a bunch of more players test positive.. what’s the solution? Lol

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This is what happens when the NFL ignores a COVID outbreak against the Jets. Everyone knew something like this would happen, and instead of making the Browns close down, isolate, add an extra week, etc., they just bury their heads in the sand and wait for it to go away. Then it happened again last week with 3 players testing positive, and here we are.

GOOD WORK NFL. YOU ALL SUCK.

Which is why it makes me sick every time I see an article celebrating how the NFL played all their regular season games this year, despite COVID. Like, DUH, they just straight up said "People are gonna get sick. Oh well. We're playing anyways!". It wasn't some miracle, they just ignored COVID and had crappy protocols that nobody followed and weren't enforced. And when teams did violate them (the Ravens, for example), they were punished via a light slap on the wrist.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Just call the head coach's cell phone and put him on speaker for the whole game.

This is not rocket science. 

I actually do rocket science, maybe this is why I'm so confused by how simple a solution appears.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The game is going to be played.   Everything the NFL has done screams this in big, bold letters.   

• Like 1

Anyone recall or find video to see if Stefanski and Tomlin shook hands or hug after the game? Because if they do legit contact tracing (they won't), then there's going to be a lot of people out on both sides.

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

Anyone recall or find video to see if Stefanski and Tomlin shook hands or hug after the game? Because if they do legit contact tracing (they won't), then there's going to be a lot of people out on both sides.

A quick chat with people doesn't count as close contact. It has to be around 15 minutes.