Browns HC Kevin Stefanski & four others test postive for COVID-19

MWil23

22 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

With five positive cases, including the Head Coach, I have to think there's going to be more positives in the upcoming days....

Interesting to see what the NFL will do. This isn't the regular season.

If the Browns are forced to field a skeleton crew for a playoff game, it will definitely look bad for the NFL in the eyes of the public & media.

I mean they pushed the Ravens game back almost a week because it was considered a 'outbreak'. Then cited the Broncos had to play with no QBs because it was 'isolated to a position group'. Im interested to see how where they think coaches and players alike land on their scale.

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Sounds good to me

If the outbreak is severe enough that they have to postpone this game then it works out so that Kansas City and Green Bay actually get kind of screwed a little bit. I think it's just more likely that the NFL leaves the Browns to get slaughtered with their backups instead of that.

3 minutes ago, rich homie said:

Also you can't just postpone one playoff game back a week right? It would have to be every single one of them.

Yes but thats what I dont understand. Wouldnt the NFL want people talking about them and covering them for a longer period of time? There is a silver lining to this

9 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

WHAT IS A “CLOSE CONTACT?

Living in the same household

Being within 6 feet of someone for about 10 minutes

Direct contact with secretions from a sick person with COVID-19 (e.g., being coughed on)

Having direct physical contact with an infected individual during practice

Anyone documented to have had Close Contact with an infected individual while playing a game or during team travel

May include handling uniforms, equipment or a shared object used by an infected individual

CLOSE CONTACT DOES NOT INCLUDE BRIEF INTERACTIONS, SUCH AS WALKING PAST SOMEONE

I think they just used "close contact" in the definition of "close contact"

This is recursion. Does not compute. Throw an exception.

• Like 2

Just now, rich homie said:

If the outbreak is severe enough that they have to postpone this game then it works out so that Kansas City and Green Bay actually get kind of screwed a little bit. I think it's just more likely that the NFL leaves the Browns to get slaughtered with their backups instead of that.

This 100% will be the case. No doubt in my mind.

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I actually do rocket science, maybe this is why I'm so confused by how simple a solution appears.

Weirdly, coaches not on the sidelines have been communicating with coaches on the sidelines via real-time telecommunications for years. Which may actually be derived from rocket science, like Tang. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Weirdly, coaches not on the sidelines have been communicating with coaches on the sidelines via real-time telecommunications for years. Which may actually be derived from rocket science, like Tang. 

Yeah but the protocol says you can't be at any club facility. Then there's separate rules for communicating with the sideline, which you can't do from home.

23 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean they pushed the Ravens game back almost a week because it was considered a 'outbreak'. Then cited the Broncos had to play with no QBs because it was 'isolated to a position group'. Im interested to see how where they think coaches and players alike land on their scale.

It's going to be dependent on more new positive tests in the coming days. If that ends up happening, then yes the NFL will have to delay this game.