No layoffs/furloughs for Broncos staff

broncosfan_101

This probably doesn’t require a new thread, but I don’t care. It’s sad that this is newsworthy, but in today’s age, it is. Good on the Broncos looking after their staff during this time. It’s a really really nice feeling to cheer for the good guys (comparatively.) I wandered through a bit of wilderness regarding my Broncos fandom a few years ago when Matt Russell and another exec were both charged with DUI’s within a few weeks of each other (if memory serves me correctly) without facing any real punishment from the organization. It was apparent that the culture in the front office at that time was problematic and irresponsible, and I struggled with that.

Cheering for the good guys matters to me. This news matters to me.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

This probably doesn’t require a new thread, but I don’t care. It’s sad that this is newsworthy, but in today’s age, it is. Good on the Broncos looking after their staff during this time. It’s a really really nice feeling to cheer for the good guys (comparatively.) I wandered through a bit of wilderness regarding my Broncos fandom a few years ago when Matt Russell and another exec were both charged with DUI’s within a few weeks of each other (if memory serves me correctly) without facing any real punishment from the organization. It was apparent that the culture in the front office at that time was problematic and irresponsible, and I struggled with that.

Cheering for the good guys matters to me. This news matters to me.

What a champion for the small guy that Joe Ellis is!! 

I’d be curious to see if the organization got any bail out money from the state or the feds. I might just file a public records request and find out.  

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

17 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

What a champion for the small guy that Joe Ellis is!! 

I’d be curious to see if the organization got any bail out money from the state or the feds. I might just file a public records request and find out.  

I’d guess they have not. Remember when it was discovered that the Lakers applied for some, and they were shamed into cancelling? The Penguins applied and got some, and they’ve been ripped apart by the media for it. It would’ve come out by now if the Broncos had done it, I’m pretty sure.