Bears/Saints GDT Playoff Edition

beardown3231

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

The talent isn't the same as 2018, that's just as big of a reason for the decline. We have no Goldman, Hicks isn't as dominant, Floyd was better than Quinn, Amukamara was better than Johnson, Amos was better than Gipson, DT from that year was way better than 2020's DT, we had Kwit as the #3 ILB, Callahan was better than Skrine, etc. Pagano being here wouldn't have made the defense elite. Most DCs could have been top 5 with that defense. Don't get me wrong, Fangio is absolutely better than Pagano but being the DC for the 2018 Bears was one of the easiest gigs in the NFL over the last few years. Plus the offense was better too, and caught a lot of people off guard. When you can get a lead it is easier to let the defense pin their ears back and attack.

I'm fine with firing Pagano, but expecting this team to be at that level is crazy. They're older and not as explosive. The offense regressing to be a constant embarrassment was the big issue. Did anyone NOT regress over the last 3 years that is still here?

Regression can also be attributed to coaching though too. I mean, when you are putting a player like Trevathan one on one in man coverage against a 4.4 WR you are not exactly putting them in position to be successful. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Regression can also be attributed to coaching though too. I mean, when you are putting a player like Trevathan one on one in man coverage against a 4.4 WR you are not exactly putting them in position to be successful. 

Him getting burned by HBs, TEs, and compiling tackles 5 yards downfield can be on him. He came into the season looking slow and out of shape. AS a pro he should be able to keep himself in shape and not to simply get beat like he did.

As a guy being in the league for 9 years you think he would know that and call a time out. Or at least not be stupid enough to bother trying to stunt and think you can physically keep up with said 4.4 WR. Gain depth or tee off on the LB within the first 5 yards.

11 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Him getting burned by HBs, TEs, and compiling tackles 5 yards downfield can be on him. He came into the season looking slow and out of shape. AS a pro he should be able to keep himself in shape and not to simply get beat like he did.

As a guy being in the league for 9 years you think he would know that and call a time out. Or at least not be stupid enough to bother trying to stunt and think you can physically keep up with said 4.4 WR. Gain depth or tee off on the LB within the first 5 yards.

I get that, but a coaches job is too observe, access, and evaluate his players so he can play to their strengths and mask their weaknesses and Pagano has done the exact opposite. 

15 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I get that, but a coaches job is too observe, access, and evaluate his players so he can play to their strengths and mask their weaknesses and Pagano has done the exact opposite. 

Pagans should be gone. He has actual talent to work with. 

The pass rush was pathetic considering what they make.

Jackson massively regressed.

Fuller playing a mile and a half away from the WR.

They can’t change all the players.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I agree. Which is why the staff can be cleaned out. Nagy has done even worse in the criteria you mentioned.

23 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Nagy has dollar store talent. He hasn’t done anything with that, but his payroll is like half of Paganos.

This isn't true at all... the fact we have two low paid back ups is the biggest reason they don't have almost the same for offense and defense.

Screenshot-2021-01-10-204555.png

Nagy likely doesn't have any say in the defenders we have, he DOES have some say in the offensive players we have.

18 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Have to wonder how much of a hole Goldman left by sitting out all year. I’m actually impressed he caught no grief at all for it. Wonder if Quinn would’ve gotten more than like the 1/3 sack he got this year 

Nah I'm moreso wondering what it would be like to have a quality offense for once