Bears/Saints GDT Playoff Edition

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

Got called into work at 3:30am and didn’t get to watch the game.  How bad was it?

About how bad as it was that you go called into work at 3:30 in the morning. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Got called into work at 3:30am and didn’t get to watch the game.  How bad was it?

It was the same Bears game we have watched 100 times.

A good effort by the defense before they got exhausted and collapsed.

An offense that did nothing with a QB checking down and an OL that was over matched.

Sloppy play, bad penalties and a general lack of discipline and execution.

A coach surrender punting to keep from getting totally blown out.

A garbage time TD that made things look not as bad.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It was the same Bears game we have watched 100 times.

A good effort by the defense before they got exhausted and collapsed.

An offense that did nothing with a QB checking down and an OL that was over matched.

Sloppy play, bad penalties and a general lack of discipline and execution.

A coach surrender punting to keep from getting totally blown out.

A garbage time TD that made things look not as bad.

The surrender punt was bad. Seemed more like damage control from Nagy instead of trying to do anything possible to win the game.

As for the garbage time TD I know it was meaningless but good for Mitch that his likely last throw as Bears QB went for a TD

Edited by topwop1
8 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I was actually impressed in the first half that we were able to hang around, given how bad our talent disparity is and injuries.

Our defense has juice still, but in the second half we just collapsed becuase the TOP was so one sided.

this offense is very bad agianst good to elite defenses. 

LT / RT has to be our top pick outside of QB.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, CBears019 said:

The it was like the 2018 Bears game again, but with less offense from us and the Saints were 6 inches from going up 28 - 3 on us.

It was the playoff game Chicago deseeved for pretending to be a playoff team. 🤷‍♂️

The backups playing defense were playing really hard and well - Teo, Shelley and Vildor.   Only good thing I have to say about this game.

I heard on a podcast this morning that Nagy gave a speech not to be baited by that player (forget his name) into punching him.   That Miller did it anyway is kind of Uber stupid.

I wonder if WIms catches that deep ball how the game changes.  Also kinda sad for him and Mitch that he dropped it.  Career defining moment for both of them.   One moment that goes other way and might mean greater future opportunities.   Now you are just a loser.

No surprises at all in that game, but it still was painful to watch.   

Just now, dll2000 said:

I heard on a podcast this morning that Nagy gave a speech not to be baited by that player (forget his name) into punching him.   That Miller did it anyway is kind of Uber stupid.I

A coach has to be a little feared.   Nagy too much of a players coach.  

58 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Anyone else think Brees looked awful? He struggled to throw the ball beyond 10 yards of the LOS for most of the game and seemed very apprehensive.

He has some good excuses:

1) He is old for a professional athlete.

2) Weeks ago he broke many of his ribs and had a collapsed lung.

11 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I heard on a podcast this morning that Nagy gave a speech not to be baited by that player (forget his name) into punching him.   That Miller did it anyway is kind of Uber stupid.

Forget kind of, it was incredibly stupid. Mike Furrey beat it into the WRs heads all week about avoiding the guy and Miller still fell for it. 

Gardner is a d-bag, no doubt, but he should have learned from Wims' mistake and listened to his coach.  

"Do not get involved with 22," Bears wide receivers coach Mike Furrey told his players.

By Furrey's account, he said this literally minutes before the Bears offense returned to the field. The warning was to stay away from Saints safety C.J. Gardner-Johnson, who wears No. 22 and was trying to agitate the Bears receivers in the Nov. 1 game.

That's what made what happened next so disappointing for Furrey. Moments later, Bears receiver Javon Wims was ejected for throwing punches at Gardner-Johnson.

The incident appeared to be in retaliation for a moment earlier in the game when Gardner-Johnson yanked Wims' mouth guard off his helmet.

Furrey couldn't stop thinking about Wims after the Saints beat the Bears 26-23 in overtime that day. He called Wims that night.

"The biggest thing was the communication, to learn a lesson," Furrey said. "When someone's trying to protect you from maybe ruining your career, you need to listen."

Edited by JAF-N72EX
On 1/10/2021 at 5:42 PM, Ty21 said:

What does money even mean anyway? Who would want a pricey marble mausoleum over a simple grave that several people whose lives you positively affected routinely visit 

It’s not too farfetched to assume you’d have time to buy and sell stocks on robinhood while ubering around to rescue people