Bears/Saints GDT Playoff Edition

14 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'll stick with them.  I know it's hard for me to say this and have people believe it after I just switched allegiances, but I'm not a bandwagon jumper.  I thought long and hard before leaving the Vikings and I'll stick with my new team through any tough times.  I would have said the same with the Vikings too, but it just got to the point after 50 years where I had no feeling left for them.  I think a part of it is that I'm upset that my dad followed them since Day 1 all the way back in 1961.  He is now 90 years old and slowing down a lot.  He is never going to be rewarded with seeing his team win a Super Bowl.  There is just no excuse for not winning it all even once in 60 years.  It was just time to move on.  If the Jags continue to lose, I'm OK with that.  At least I haven't put 50 years of my life into them.  It's easier to hope they will turn it around than it is to think the Vikings will ever get their act together.  I've probably only got another 20 or so years myself, so I'm sticking with the Jags.

This is a sad story, but if you really care about a certain time I get it. I've been lucky enough to see every other Chicago team win a championship with my own eyes expect the Bears. I've invested 20 years in and I get the sense it will be another 20 before they will win a SuperBowl. I just can't go to any other team, I'd rather just tune out from the sport.

• Like 1
On 1/6/2021 at 9:34 PM, Sugashane said:

I'm numb to it at this point. I just want chaos. Either make it a close loss where Tru balls out or find a way to make it to the Super Bowl to really screw with the world. I want the gen forum foaming at the mouth.

giphy.gif

You do realize if the Bears go to the super bowl that may just give Pace and Nagy the confidence, and leeway, to step back and rebuild the line like they should have done instead of trading for Mac.  Yes that is with the benefit of hind sight  but, hey, I'm a fan so I'm allowed😁

I think this is a measuring stick game.  If the Bears are at least competitive with the team with the second best record in the conference I think they try and develop enough diversity in the Mitch friendly version of Nagy's offense and use the first round pick for a left tackle.  I just hope it is a good one🙏  28 - 24 Bears.

2 hours ago, Bfan said:

You do realize if the Bears go to the super bowl that may just give Pace and Nagy the confidence, and leeway, to step back and rebuild the line like they should have done instead of trading for Mac.  Yes that is with the benefit of hind sight  but, hey, I'm a fan so I'm allowed😁

Rebuilding the line is necessary regardless of who is taking snaps imo. Two poor OTs and RG at least needs re-signed. It's going til be an interesting offseason for sure. 

If it wasn't a loss before then then it sure is now. Thomas is playing and he missed the last game against us.  If JJ is still out then this is going to ugly. 

No Quan means no stopping  Kamara thru the middle and in the flats and alot of open holes in the short zones over the middle where Brees/Thomas like to work. And Woods is still nursing a foot injury. 

No JJ/(physical) Skrine = No stopping Thomas in the slot or the outside. Vildor has shown promise but he's still raw and doesn't stand a chance in man coverage against Thomas.

Skrine is already a no-go too. We're already short-handed at DL, LB, and secondary so if JJ can't play then Pagano can't even substitute a 5-2 look with a dime without playing the practice squad. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Leave Mitch out of it for a second.

Give Pagano 13 guys on the field and he can’t stop this offense. 

Our OL can not handle this front 7... at all.

I'm genuinely concerned about their front 7 vs the Bears OL. It could get ugly.

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm genuinely concerned about their front 7 vs the Bears OL. It could get ugly.

Who's that good in their front 7? Cam Jordan is nice player but Trey Hendrickson their sack leader is out for today's game.

I'd be way more concerned how the defense will stop their offense.

But I'm actually not concerned at all. I'm fully expecting us to lose this game so anything good that happens today is a bonus

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Who's that good in their front 7? Cam Jordan is nice player but Trey Hendrickson their sack leader is out for today's game.

I'd be way more concerned how the defense will stop their offense.

But I'm actually not concerned at all. I'm fully expecting us to lose this game so anything good that happens today is a bonus

Davis & Rankins are good and Jordan is more than "nice"