2021 Hall of Fame finalists announced

On 1/10/2021 at 2:12 AM, CKSteeler said:

The two plays that define Urlacher to me as a non-Bears fan, fairly or not, are him getting run over by the Jerome Bettis in 2005 in the snow and getting juked by Tom Brady...in the snow.

As a former fan of a division rival team, I can say that Urlacher had a ton of plays that made him very Hall of Fame worthy.  He was an amazing player.  Not many people argue with Mike Singletary being in the Hall of Fame, and I would consider Urlacher to be better than Singletary.

On 1/10/2021 at 3:12 AM, CKSteeler said:

The two plays that define Urlacher to me as a non-Bears fan, fairly or not, are him getting run over by the Jerome Bettis in 2005 in the snow and getting juked by Tom Brady...in the snow.

So, if someone said that Jerome Bettis's defining play as a non Steelers fan, was him fumbling in the AFCCG vs. the Colts and almost costing them the season...was the play that defines his career? That's a bit unfair, don't you think?

• Like 1
15 hours ago, MWil23 said:

So, if someone said that Jerome Bettis's defining play as a non Steelers fan, was him fumbling in the AFCCG vs. the Colts and almost costing them the season...was the play that defines his career? That's a bit unfair, don't you think?

Probably not remembered in the same light since the Steelers won that game, and then the Super Bowl. But yeah, if the Steelers lost to the Colts and Bettis was done, he would probably be remembered for that. Like Jackie Smith's career is overshadowed by that drop in Super Bowl XIII. I agree with you though, that one play shouldn't define a career. I'd be lying though if I didn't think of Urlacher being run over by Bettis as one of the first things I think of when he's brought up. Coincidently I think thinking about the scene from NFL Films Game of the Week about 2 days ago randomly when just doing chores.