Texans hire Nick Caserio as GM

Drained

7 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

ya he was impressive at the press conference..  Cal and the audio gets an F+ grade however.

I don’t know  how you guys thought he sounded impressive. He sounded exactly like Bill O Brien, relative to his interview. 

Looks and acts like he did a line of coke before he walked out onto stage. 

Houston Texans, formerly an NFL franchise, now a religious cult. 

Edited by amazingandre
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

I don’t know  how you guys thought he sounded impressive. He sounded exactly like Bill O Brien, relative to his interview. 

Gase flashbacks.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

I didn't hear that, at all. I heard some deflecting, dancing around questions with Jack Easterby - but when he actually talked football, I felt like he knew what he was talking about, and I felt that was only scratching the surface.

He's going to be a hands on GM, a guy who works directly with players to see what they can bring to the table. That won't mean much for your blue chip players - but the other guys who make up the support to the core guys, this will help fill that out.

For the longest time, the Texans have been top heavy - elite, superstar players surrounded by junk. That's part of what made Bill O'Brien's issues even bigger; He would sell off bigger parts and get junk in return, with no real opportunity to backfill spots. He sort of based on his own knowledge, which is a number that might be closer to zero than it is one.

Caserio seems like he's going to get his nose in there to understand the player behind the number. We'll see if it works. I'm not loving the direction, but it's got little to do with Caserio... For now.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

I didn't hear that, at all. I heard some deflecting, dancing around questions with Jack Easterby - but when he actually talked football, I felt like he knew what he was talking about, and I felt that was only scratching the surface.

He's going to be a hands on GM, a guy who works directly with players to see what they can bring to the table. That won't mean much for your blue chip players - but the other guys who make up the support to the core guys, this will help fill that out.

For the longest time, the Texans have been top heavy - elite, superstar players surrounded by junk. That's part of what made Bill O'Brien's issues even bigger; He would sell off bigger parts and get junk in return, with no real opportunity to backfill spots. He sort of based on his own knowledge, which is a number that might be closer to zero than it is one.

Caserio seems like he's going to get his nose in there to understand the player behind the number. We'll see if it works. I'm not loving the direction, but it's got little to do with Caserio... For now.

He's got his nose into something, but it ain't the players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amazingandre said:

Cocaine works different on each one. My uncle is a surgeon and he works really well with cocaine. Wont stop until he retires he says. Maybe that's the case with Caserio? But I gave up already, they should have listened to Watson, now gonna be hard to make it work.

26 minutes ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

Cocaine works different on each one. My uncle is a surgeon and he works really well with cocaine. Wont stop until he retires he says. Maybe that's the case with Caserio? But I gave up already, they should have listened to Watson, now gonna be hard to make it work.

Your uncle out here doing brain surgery in like 32 minutes lol

I didn't say he couldn't be effective while doing coke, just that he looked like he's done some lines in his day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, amazingandre said:

Your uncle out here doing brain surgery in like 32 minutes lol

I didn't say he couldn't be effective while doing coke, just that he looked like he's done some lines in his day. 

Not brain, he's a cardiologist (not sure that's the correct term in english) anyways any hope I had of Caserio working out has gone down the drain. Bill probably puts a curse on every coach that leaves him lol.

I feel bad for Texan fans, and in a weird kind of way.

Caserio might turn out to be a good GM. Something the team needs. He might absolutely be the right guy for the job.

But I would still feel bad for them.

Because if Caserio becomes a great GM, it would be completely incidental. 

It would have nothing to do with the why or how he was hired. The organization spent a lot of money, put together a council, with Easterby being no part of it. To only hire the guy they got caught tampering with 18 months ago. A guy Easterby wanted, and it was Easterby who did the tampering. A guy who wasn't even on the list the firm they hired produced for them.

They could become a juggernaut. And I would still feel bad.

Because a guy like Easterby won, and that success was accidental.

• Like 1