Texans hire Nick Caserio as GM

Crimmage

I'm confused as to why they would want to hire another Patriot to run their team after BOB.. but given how important this offseason is it is really annoying that they took Caserio away. 

I thought he signed a contract last season? Is he just released because it is a promotion? 

Will be very interesting to see how our picks/signings compare to the Texans ( not positions but types of players).. it should give some kind of insight into how much input Caserio really had. Texans are also in cap hell.. with no picks.. so they must have given him a lot of money and job security to fix that mess.

Edited by Crimmage

Do we have any proof that Caserio had a large part in who is being picked in the draft? 

For all we know he has been the guy finding all the UDFA gems that the team has gotten over the years. BB seems to think very highly of him and says he has his hands in everything.. but I have a feeling BB has a much larger part in deciding who gets draft than Caserio.. so I wouldn't expect the way drafting works to change dramatically.

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

plot twist: It was Caseiro all along that was keeping the draft picks relatively stable. After he's gone, BB has carte blanche to take all the Ras I dowlings and Dominic Easleys he wants 

Fingers crossed for the opposite?

Caserio became a director the for first time in 08, and that is about when drafting started to get more suspect (outside of 2010). 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Fingers crossed for the opposite?

Caserio became a director the for first time in 08, and that is about when drafting started to get more suspect (outside of 2010). 

I literally have no idea. We get to find out soon though! IBWT

"Ziegler has spent eight years with the Patriots, and he’s coming off his first season as assistant director of player personnel. Prior to that, he spent four seasons as the director of pro personnel and three seasons as the assistant director of pro scouting.

Ziegler has a history in Denver, having spent three seasons inthe Broncos’ scouting department prior to joining New England. Ziegler was a college teammate of Caserio and Josh McDaniels at John Carroll University."

• Like 1

The years Dave was an assistant director of scouting for the Patriots they had three of their most horrendous drafts.

Another former John Carroll classmate of Josh McDaniels promoted from within with unoriginal ideas to challenge the status quo.

As an assistant director of player personnel, this guy saw the departure of Tom Brady and disgruntling of Stephon Gilmore. Not to mention poorly assessing the the QB and WR position and depth on the defensive line.

The three years spent with the Broncos as a scout their drafts were even worse than the ones he was apart of from 2013-2015 with the Patriots.

This is a meh guy at best. If he lands in Denver, all the power to them. I think that would be a blessing in disguise for the Patriots.

Edited by DoleINGout