Bring back any one offensive and defensive player for the playoffs

Ty21

On 1/6/2021 at 1:26 PM, RunningVaccs said:

I would take Jimbo Covery on the OL, Urlacher to take Roquans spot. 

Honorable mention for making me remember both Omiyale and Will Sutton. Mods, set this man on fire please. 

Wait, why not have Urlacher take Trevathan's spot? An Urlacher - Smith duo would be fantastic. 

Wow.

That's...actually a really hard question you pose there, @Ty21.

While it's tempting to just blurt out Payton (or Sayers) and Singletary...well, the Bears aren't really lacking at those positions right now. (Even if Smith can't play, Trevathan is pretty darned good, and Woods has been known to make plays from time to time.)

Because the quality of the safety's performance has kind of fallen off a cliff the last few games, it's awfully tempting to take Mark Carrier as my defensive player. But...the pass rush has been pretty bad too, and that's more fundamentally important to a defense, so I'll pick Richard Dent. He lacks Mack's agility (when Mack is playing well, that is)--but I think he'd make up for that with his strength. He'd function just fine as a 3-4 OLB, even if it had to be a rotational sort of deal.

On the offensive side, Jim Covert would solve a lot of the offensive's problems, but that wouldn't change who is throwing the football. So, as either Haywire Mitch or a training wheels offensive gameplan are distinct possibilities tomorrow, you'd have to look at the Bears' best quarterbacks. I don't know enough about Luckman to gauge whether he'd be able to function in today's NFL, so that leaves us with Cutler. Kramer, Tomczak, and McMahon. People forget how good Kramer was (for a short while), but with the emergence of Darnell Mooney I've got to go with the guy with the strongest arm--Cutler. Yes, I'm not a huge Cutler fan, and grew tired of his multiple turnover games, but in a playoff situation, with the current group of Bears receivers? Yeah...gotta go Cutler.