Atlanta Braves Mega Thread

coors

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Hence the "IF" part, that was my stipulation.  IF Kevin Maitan was part of those accusations, why would he be exempt from those punishments?  That's what I'm asking.  We saw in the case of the Red Sox that the main players involved in that scandal were made FA.  Why would you think that MLB would make Maitan exempt?  If anything, that doesn't deter teams from cheating.  LIS, we only know some of the facts and if more come out that there is more than just paying for an apartment, or something that is largely a regular occurrence it's one thing, but if it's beyond that scope there's no reason that Maitan shouldn't be expect from it.

MLB's desire for a draft has NOTHING to do with what their punishment will be.  IF MLB wanted a draft that bad, there would be a draft already.

If there is something major that hasnt come out like what happened with the Red Sox, then yeah, I could see something like that happened. Im going off what has been mentioned from many different people.

Just now, devils1854 said:

If there is something major that hasnt come out like what happened with the Red Sox, then yeah, I could see something like that happened. Im going off what has been mentioned from many different people.

Then I must not be completely caught up, cliff not eme.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Then I must not be completely caught up, cliff not eme.

The signing early and the apartment is what has come out against Maitan.

Giving Drew Waters a car for signing at his spot is the other major allegation involving a certain player.

The biggest offender is going to be the international market. Apparently, there are a ton of allegations that involve multiple players over the past few years, but Ive not seen anything else about Maitan specifically. If we lose players, it could be guys like Drian Cruz, Christian Pache, and Abraham Gutierrez. Guys that werent at the absolute top of the international rankings, but got a lot of money for their talent.

9 hours ago, scar988 said:

Just read an ESPN article that just suggests that Braves will lose draft picks and some international bonus money. So Maitan might be safe. Doesn't mention losing any players at all.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21226692/atlanta-braves-president-john-hart-play-role-rules-violations

we were never goging to lose maitan. 5 minutes after looking into it that was 100% clear.

56 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Have you guys heard anything regarding the Braves potentially offering compensation to speak with Dayton Moore? I've read an article or two from KC sources saying its a possibility

I googled it and the only thing that came up were articles from Kansas City saying that the Braves would have to offer compensation if they wanted Moore, not that they have.

29 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

First I've seen of Anthopoulos mentioned as a possible candidate.

So don't want Moore, but I have a feeling he's going to be the guy. Braves just don't seem to want to let go of the past. Preparing myself for disappointment. 

AA would be a home run hire, but I dont trust the front office to bring in an outsider.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/baseball/braves-drop-pendleton-perez-from-coaching-staff-add-weiss-bench-coach/qOeZcixEjolJflxsrRioqO/

Also, supposedly McCann wants to end his career in Atlanta. The question though.. do the Braves want him back? 

Positives being that he's a guy who even at his older age, can really help a young pitching staff come along. He's a grizzled vet who can help a young team in multiple different areas.

2 hours ago, coors said:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/baseball/braves-drop-pendleton-perez-from-coaching-staff-add-weiss-bench-coach/qOeZcixEjolJflxsrRioqO/

Also, supposedly McCann wants to end his career in Atlanta. The question though.. do the Braves want him back? 

Positives being that he's a guy who even at his older age, can really help a young pitching staff come along. He's a grizzled vet who can help a young team in multiple different areas.

No.

He is awful. Old and fat. Cant hit, and is a huge liability behind the plate.

The Braves want to win, and if you watched any games last year, you would have seen that catching was not the problem.

Flowers is going to get a contract extension since he is actually good at playing baseball(#1 in framing 2017), and we have a top 5 catching prospect that dominated A+, played well at AA, and is playing great in Arizona.

In case no one was following the AFL

Austin Riley
.333/.397/.772, 6 HR, 5 2B, 1 3B, 16 K, 4 BB
Ronald Acuna
.319/.395/.609, 5 HR, 5 2B, 19 K, 8 BB(hit 6th HR tonight)
Alex Jackson
.281/.333/.563, 5 HR, 3 2B, 17 K, 4 BB
Jared James
.275/.388/.375, 2 2B, 1 3B, 7 K, 8 BB

Max Fried
23 IP, 14 H, 7 BB, 5 ER, 29 K
Corbin Clouse
9 IP, 10 H, 4 BB, 6 ER, 14 K
Touki Toussaint
Big Meh...but he is relieving not starting

One of Riley/Acuna will win player of the year and Fried will win pitcher of the year. Dominating performances for the most part.

Forgot league leaders

HR
1.Riley
1.Acuna
3.Jackson

SLG
1.Riley
3.Acuna
4.Jackson

OPS
1.Riley
3.Acuna