Atlanta Braves Mega Thread

coors

25 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

EaAKKiU.jpg

Lets discuss this potential blockbuster. I dont know how reliable O'Dowd is, but he floated this out there a couple days ago. Seeing as its not official, Id expect us to add another piece.

You might ask, why would the Braves get a huge steal like this? Well, Jeter and the ownership group is only about money. Prado has 2 years and around 28 mil left, Chen has 3 years and about 53 mil left, and Ziegler is on a one year deal worth around 9 mil. Plus, with the two deals the Marlins have made so far, they really havent gotten fair value, so they probably wont get it here either. I would expect us to have to add another prospect in the end if this happened.

Yelich, Realmuto, Prado, Ziegler, Chen

for

Flowers, Newcomb, Allard, and Jackson/Pache(depends on if they want a potential catcher or a very toolsy outfielder)

1. Inciarte(CF)-L
  2. Albies(2B)-S
  3. Freeman(1B)-L
  4. Realmuto(C)-R
  5. Yelich(LF)-L
  6. Prado(3B)-R
  7. Markakis(RF)-L
  8. Swanson(SS)-R
  • Suzuki(C)
  • Camargo(INF)
  • Tucker(OF/1B)
  • Adams(OF)

• Teheran
  • McCarthy
  • Chen
  • Foltynewciz
  • Gohara

• Vizcaino
  • Minter
  • Ziegler
  • Ramirez
  • Winkler
  • Freeman
  • Sims/Fried

I think thats a wild card team right there

that deal would be huge for us, but no way would i give up pache. Hes anothe potential acuna type if the power develops. Would much, much rather stick with giving them riley, his upside isnt nearly as big,

26 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

that deal would be huge for us, but no way would i give up pache. Hes anothe potential acuna type if the power develops. Would much, much rather stick with giving them riley, his upside isnt nearly as big,

I meant Riley +

Flowers, Allard, Newcomb, Riley, and Jackson/Pache

I dont think Pache has Acuna talent, but he does have all star talent, but to get Yelich and Realmuto, its easy to say yes to him.

• 2 weeks later...

AA did an interview a few days ago, nothing ground breaking but a couple good  notes.

- Very much seems like the rotation will be teheran, folty, mccarthy, newcomb, gohara

- RIo and camargo is battling for 3rd. My thought is rio is the "starter" and camargo is our super utility guy.

- Laying the groundwork for acuna not breaking camp with atlanta.

- prob not gonna bring in any signifcant fa;s this year.

On 1/15/2018 at 11:40 AM, GSUeagles14 said:

AA did an interview a few days ago, nothing ground breaking but a couple good  notes.

- Very much seems like the rotation will be teheran, folty, mccarthy, newcomb, gohara

- RIo and camargo is battling for 3rd. My thought is rio is the "starter" and camargo is our super utility guy.

- Laying the groundwork for acuna not breaking camp with atlanta.

- prob not gonna bring in any signifcant fa;s this year.

Pretty much what we thought all along.

-Hopefully the rotation will go Teheran, McCarthy, Newcomb, Folty, and Gohara. Need to get the two hard throwing, young lefties apart. Will help the pen as well.

-Still hope we kick the tires on Moustakas, in case we can get him on a cheap deal. I wonder if he would take 2/50. Up the total. Down on the years. Doubtful, but oh well. Would we go Camargo/Culberson/Adams/Suzuki as the bench. No 1b option really. I guess Adams could do it, and Tucker has played there a little in the minors.

-Once Tucker was traded for, we knew Acuna would start in AAA. He'll still be in Atlanta by Memorial Day

-Might be some deals in the FA market, so who knows with that one.

2 hours ago, devils1854 said:

I really do think we will bring in another vet pen arm. Just waiting for the market to set itself. Someone like Moylan would be the type of guy we go after. 

Even if we use a 8 man pen, im not sure we need another. These 5 seem locked in,

Viz

Minter

Ramirez

Freeman

Winkler 

Then, you have this group. I agree its possible but unless we're looking for a high leverage guy i dont think its necessary.

Sims/Fried as a long guy

Brothers 

Krol

Whitley

Morris

Cabrera

19 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Even if we use a 8 man pen, im not sure we need another. These 5 seem locked in,

Viz

Minter

Ramirez

Freeman

Winkler 

Then, you have this group. I agree its possible but unless we're looking for a high leverage guy i dont think its necessary.

Sims/Fried as a long guy

Brothers 

Krol

Whitley

Morris

Cabrera

Vizcaino, Minter, Ramirez, Freeman, and Winkler do look to have their spots down.

You also have to remember that coming into 2017, everyone thought that Cabrera was going to be the next big star out of the pen, and he was awful in the minors, and never even made it back to the bigs. Relief pitching is volatile like that. You just never know, especially with having inexperience at every spot but Vizcaino, and he's never a sure thing. A vet really is needed.

Ian Krol was released.....

• Jesse Biddle-has chance. Great minors numbers, and has ability. Lefty. Do we have 3 lefties on the staff?
  • Rex Brothers-Lefty. Bad last year. Cheap. Doubt he is on the 25 man.
  • Mauricio Cabrera-Going to take a big step for him to get back to the roster. Talent is there though.
  • Akeel Morris-Seems like everyone but the FO loves him. Will he actually get a chance?
  • Chase Whitley-Definitely a favorite for a spot, and should be on the roster unless he craps the bed in the spring.
  • Sims/Fried-One will be the long reliever. Id give Fried the advantage right now.

Then you have guys like Shane Carle, Grant Dayton,  Adam McCreery, and Josh Ravin. Guys that were traded for or signed that arent big names that will get a shot.

CP:Vizcaino
SU:Minter(L)
SU:Ramirez
Loogy:Freeman(L)
RP:Winkler
RP:Whitley
RP:Vet
Long:Fried(L)

Thats my guess for the pen right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the market on FA's seems to be pretty soft, whats peoples thoughts on bringning in Moose on a short term, high dollar deal? Say 1 year, 20-25 mil. The rumours out there say the fo dont want anyone who would either block riley or prevent them from going after donaldon/machado next year.We're prob not gonna contend this year but we certainly need more pop than we have now and he could solve that problem.

Inciarte

Albies

Freeman

Flowers

Moose

Markasis

Swanson

Tucker (Acuna)

Thats not the worst lineup in the world.

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Since the market on FA's seems to be pretty soft, whats peoples thoughts on bringning in Moose on a short term, high dollar deal? Say 1 year, 20-25 mil. The rumours out there say the fo dont want anyone who would either block riley or prevent them from going after donaldon/machado next year.We're prob not gonna contend this year but we certainly need more pop than we have now and he could solve that problem.

Inciarte

Albies

Freeman

Flowers

Moose

Markasis

Swanson

Tucker (Acuna)

Thats not the worst lineup in the world.

I think Todd Frazier would be more realistic. Ive heard his name a lot more than Moustakas. It might would be a 2 years deal though. Would love a 1-20 or so. Good power. Gets on base. Good defense. 

51 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

@devils1854 Has your feelings on wright changed on wright at all?  i think he ranks top 50 on pretty much every prospect list that came out, did you see somthing promising from his outings this year or are you still down on him?

11 innings in A+ don't really tell you anything, especially since he was basically pitching 2 innings a game. Need to see a full season from him against better competition to really know, but my thoughts on him have not changed. High floor, low ceiling guy unless the organization can get more. Wentz, Allard, Soroka, and Gohara are all still above him imo. He's in that second tier with Anderson and Touki, just ahead of Fried and Wilson. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2018 at 9:32 AM, WizardHawk said:

Seems every time I read something on Austin Riley it's positive. Seems to have made some big strides all around.  

I can admit i was wrong about him... i remember him being really soft coming out of hs, hes obviously worked hard and improved his body/game.

In other news, goharas out another two weeks. Guessing we wont see him til may, maybe see either fried or wisler get his spot in the rotation.