Southern

1.Sanchez

2.Riley

7.Toussaint

Florida State

2.Pache

5.Anderson

9.Wilson

ridiculous. Future is bright for this team and honestly feel like we can compete this year if guys hit like they can.

And Acuna finally gets on the board today with two hits, could be the start of a huge tear.

10.Touki Toussaint, RHP, AA
-Prospect fatigue has taken over here. Touki is still only 21 and had the best season of his career last year. His fastball/curve are both plus pitches, and he has finally found some control. If he can develop a third pitch, he is a major league starter.
9.Austin Riley, 3B, AA
-Riley had big question marks as late as early last season. He supposedly had a big hole in his swing and could not catch up to some pitches. After a month or two, things clicked and he has never looked back. Big power, and he looks like he has a good enough eye to hit for a descent average.
8.Kyle Wright, RHP, AA
-Still not sold on this guy. Its going to take a heck of a year for me to change my opinion. I dont think any of his four pitches are above average for the major league level. Low floor, high ceiling.
7.Ian Anderson, RHP, A+
-Still only 19, Anderson is hitting in the mid 90s on his fastball, and he still can add 20-25 pounds to his frame. Control is the one thing that he will have to improve on, but with his youth, it isnt concerning yet.
6.Cristian Pache, OF, A+
-If things work out like they should, Pache should make that huge leap in 2018. 70 run, 70 field, close to 70 arm, and he hit for average as a 18 year old. Everyone believes that power will come, and if that happens, he will be a very special prospect.
5.Kolby Allard, LHP, AAA
-I still have faith in Allard. He lost velocity on his fastball multiple times last year. I am chalking it up to pitching 150 innings, but if that continues in 2018, he is going to slide. He still has two excellent offspeed pitches.
4.Luiz Gohara, LHP, MLB
-Gohara had a great cup of coffee in Atlanta last season, and should be back up after his rehab stint. He has two excellent pitches, but his weight is still a problem, and it could hinder him reaching his ceiling. Probable trade bait.
3.Mike Soroka, RHP, AAA
-I still dont know exactly ho good Soroka will be. He is polished way beyond his years, and will be on a major league pitching staff for many years. His two offspeed pitches are just league average. They will be the difference between him being a top of the rotation guy, and a mid to back end guy.
2.Joey Wentz, LHP, A+
-6'5, 210 pounds at 20 years old. He has a fastball that can sit around 93 right now, but he could develop a few more ticks, and if that happens, he could be great. Control still has to come, but his curveball is getting close to being a plus pitch.
1.Ronald Acuna, OF, AAA/ML
-Probably the best minor league prospect since Harper. The sky is the ceiling.

2020 Projected Opening Day Roster

C:Alex Jackson(called up mid/late 2019)
1B:Freddie Freeman
2B:Ozzie Albies
3B:Austin Riley(called up late 2019(
SS:Dansby Swanson
LF:Free Agent/Trade
CF:Ender Inciarte
RF:Ronald Acuna

1.Albies
2.Swanson
3.Freeman
4.Acuna
5.Free Agent
6.Riley
7.Jackson
8.Inciarte

C:Kade Scivicque(backup 2019)
INF:Johan Camargo
INF:Free Agent/Trade
OF:Free Agent/Trade
OF:Dustin Peterson(called up late 2018)/Preston Tucker

SP:Free Agent/Trade
SP:Mike Foltynewicz
SP:Mike Soroka(called up mid 2018)
SP:Julio Teheran
SP:Sean Newcomb

CP:AJ Minter
RP:Thomas Burrows(called up mid 2019)
RP:Daniel Winkler
RP:Shane Carle
RP:Free Agent/Trade
LOOGY:Sam Freeman
LR:Max Fried

Prospects
1.Cristian Pache
2.Joey Wentz
3.William Contreras
4.Ian Anderson
5.Drew Waters
6.Jean Carlos Encarnacion
7.Touki Toussaint
8.Kyle Muller
9.Jefrey Ramos
10.Bryse Wilson

Traded
Luiz Gohara
Kolby Allard
Kyle Wright
Lucas Sims

Edited by devils1854

10 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Allard was at 89-90 for his first start in AAA a couple days ago. Little bit of a concern now.

honestly its more than concerning, he 21 and already had a severe decrease in velo if it sticks.unless he finds something, its a likely career killer.

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

honestly its more than concerning, he 21 and already had a severe decrease in velo if it sticks.unless he finds something, its a likely career killer.

He’s had injury problems. That’s why he fell to us in the draft. I think something could be wrong.

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

He’s had injury problems. That’s why he fell to us in the draft. I think something could be wrong.

never thought id be rooting for an injury but i hope thats what it is. he was 93-95 when we drafted him so thats a big drop in 3 years. 

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

realky interested to hear how touki looked

• It didn’t click until I saw him last night, but Touki is Teheran. The delivery. The long limbs. Just the way he carries himself screams Julio. I don’t know if this is a thing now, but he did not throw out of the windup at all. Every pitch was out of the stretch. FB 91-92, Slider 81, Curve 71-72. The curve looked great. That’s easily his best pitch. He located it well, and he can make hitters look absolutely foolish. The fastball was just ok, but with the velo difference between his pitches, probably looked faster than it really is. Didn’t throw the slider too often from what I saw, but it looked serviceable. Descent game overall for him.
  • Riley hit those two bombs, but both were on hanging offspeed pitches. He couldn’t catch up on a couple of good fastballs. The hole in the swing is still there. Power is a 70 though. His second home run was off the end of the bat and probably went 385 to left.
  • Jackson had a triple but it should have been caught by a good outfielder. Still hit the ball hard though. He has a long swing as well and his long stride gets him off balance. I can’t really gauge defense, but his arm plays. He threw one guy out by 5 feet. He does have a little problem with getting the ball from glove to hand. It cost him on stolen base, and the transfer looked awkward at other times.
  • Demeritte is lost and defeated. 3 Ks I think and misplayed a ball in left that cost the game. No clue why they moved him. I’m cheering for the guy. He really seems like a good dude, but I think he has too many problems upstairs right now.
  • I like Alay Lago at second. Not sure if he is a major leaguer, but I like how he plays.
  • Josh Graham was only 91-92 out of the pen. I thought he had more than that. Got hit around a little.
  • Must have been at least 30 scouts at the game.