Atlanta Braves Mega Thread

coors

On 7/17/2019 at 8:35 PM, WizardHawk said:

I'm guessing at some point Atlanta has to send Riley back down and try to get him back on track. His plate discipline is non-existent at this point.

Its freaking awful. He swings at every fastball. It can be neck high. It can be way out zone. It dont matter. He just swinging. They got to give him some time off. 

22 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Kinda feel like it's Thor or nothing for Atlanta. Wouldn't be surprised if they held on to all their top tier prospects. 

can you show me anything credible that has linked thor and us, or is this just your wish list?

My personal opinion is the most pressing need is corner OF. Markakis might be out for good, and all we really have is Acuna and maybe Duvall. RIleys probems at the plate were literally the same as it was two months ago, he was just lucky then and unlucky now. Doesnt mean he isnt a longterm option as hes found a way to improve year two at almost every level, but right now he isnt a starter on a playoff team. my perference would be a guy like Peralta or Haniger (yes, hes likely not playing til late August) who are pretty good all around instead of giving up so much on defense life some of the more common names out there. 

11 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

can you show me anything credible that has linked thor and us, or is this just your wish list?

My personal opinion is the most pressing need is corner OF. Markakis might be out for good, and all we really have is Acuna and maybe Duvall. RIleys probems at the plate were literally the same as it was two months ago, he was just lucky then and unlucky now. Doesnt mean he isnt a longterm option as hes found a way to improve year two at almost every level, but right now he isnt a starter on a playoff team. my perference would be a guy like Peralta or Haniger (yes, hes likely not playing til late August) who are pretty good all around instead of giving up so much on defense life some of the more common names out there. 

More so a hunch than anything. I would prefer Thor if they go after a starter over MadBum or others. Though, I do agree that an OF is a more pressing issue. Seen someone mention Puig as a possible option. Not sure how I feel about that. 

28 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

waters and pache moved up to gwinnett. Guessing youre still not a fan of the move @devils1854?

I was never against it. I said it wouldnt happen while the roster in Gwinnett was constructed like it was. What happened? Duvall got called up and Demerritte was traded. That opened up two spots for Waters and Pache.