Atlanta Braves Mega Thread

coors

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

I was never against it. I said it wouldnt happen while the roster in Gwinnett was constructed like it was. What happened? Duvall got called up and Demerritte was traded. That opened up two spots for Waters and Pache.

apologies... thought you were thoight with the juiced ball in gwinnett youd rather them stay in the tougher hitting enviroment.

anywho, depending how they do could easily see on or both get a september callup.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 9:16 PM, WizardHawk said:

Unbelievable. This bullpen is 100% trash..

LMAO.....my posting is 100% trash ....or maybe the kick the bullpen needed.

Bullpen in 6-game win streak: 0.40 ERA Mark Melancon, Shane Greene and Chris Martin have now combined for 13 combined consecutive scoreless appearances, with 0 walks and 17 strikeouts in 13 innings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

personally very surprised by teheran left off the roster vs the cards. Feel bad for the guy but if the braves felt fried was better so be it. Thoughts?

@dante9876 @WizardHawk @devils1854 @KhanYouDigIt

For as much as I'm not a fan of Teheran, I do feel bad for him. He always took the ball and did his thing. That said, he looked pretty gassed over the last month of season. 

Hopefully Atlanta can advance and maybe he, with the extra rest, will get his chance in NLCS. 

On 10/2/2019 at 6:32 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

personally very surprised by teheran left off the roster vs the cards. Feel bad for the guy but if the braves felt fried was better so be it. Thoughts?

@dante9876 @WizardHawk @devils1854 @KhanYouDigIt

I probably would have kept Julio as a long guy since we are using Fried in the pen, especially since the guy that took his place is Ortega. If we had a descent option for the bench, Id go with them over another pitcher, but since its Ortega, Id rather have the extra pitcher.

12 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Freeman was so bad in this series. Snitker using luke jackson. Only using our best pitcher once in a 5 game series. It's so ridiculous. I'm ok with losing to a better team but we lost to the worse team out the last 8. Ridiculous 

honestly i didnt mind using soroka how they did. They played the #'s and started him the first road game, that pretty much eliminated any shot of him pitching again but it kinda paid off. folty got blown up, it happens but I think hes much more of the pitcher he was in the 2nd half versus the 1st. Luke Jackson doesnt really seem like  ahigh leverage guy but his #s are pretty darn good so I lean towards going woth those. My biggest problem is we should have played small ball in game 4 and once acuna hit the double just bunt him over and get him in. instead we know what happened. 

Excited for next year though, thats when our window should truly start to open for championship contention.

• 1 month later...