Atlanta Braves Mega Thread

coors

I cant help but laugh. I dont think Ive ever seen someone as unlucky as Dansby. He has been to the plate 10 times since being called up. Has put every single ball in play, and has hit the ball very hard on at least 4 occasions, but every one of them have been right at someone. This has to even out sooner than later right?

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Top 5 pick coming? And, who is it going to be?

We're 7th right now. No chance we pass White Sox, Phillies, Reds, or Giants. Padres and A's will be tough since they are bad just like us.

• Brady Singer||RHP||Florida
  • Seth Beer||1B/LF||Clemson
  • Luken Baker||1B||TCU
  • NIck Madrigal||2B||Oregon State
  • Konnor Pilkington||LHP||MIssissippi State
  • Triston Pompey||OF||Kentucky

• Kumar Rocker||RHP||Georgia HS
  • Joe Gray||OF||Mississippi HS
  • Brice Turang||SS||California HS
  • Ethan Hankins||LHP||Georgia HS
  • Jarred Kelenic||OF||Wisconsin HS
  • Will Banfield||C||Georgia HS

There's a long way to go, and I havent kept up with what went on during the summer, but Brady Singer of Florida is unquestionably the #1 pick at the moment. Then you have a huge list of hitters. Seth Beer is probably the best college bat since Kris Bryant, but he doesnt have a position. If he can stick in left, he's next. If not? He could be a DH and slide. Baker is a beast at 1st and is a damn good pitcher, but I dont think he pitched this year. Madrigal is only like 5'7 150, but has an advanced hitting tool. Could be the top college guy if he was bigger. Pilkington hits the high 90s from the left side. Kind of came out of nowhere this year. Dont know much about Pompey, but he is the brother of Dalton.

The Georgia prep class is probably the best its ever been. Could be up to 7 guys drafted in the first round this year. Right now Kumar Rocker is at the top but he will drop since he is already maxed out at 6'5 260. Only sits around 93. I think he will drop come next year. Ethan Hankins is going to be the top prep from Georgia. Tons of projectability, and already hits 98(think Wentz). Joe Gray is a true 5 tool guy from Mississippi. Turang is getting a lot of buzz as the top prep at the moment. Need to see more of him. Kelenic could be another 5 tool guy although he is a little small coming in around 6'. Will Banfield will stick at catcher, and has plus ability behind the plate. Needs some work hitting.

If Beer can show our front office that he can play left, he is definitely who I want, but if he can show he can play the field, I doubt he makes it to 5-7. I think I would wnat one of the lefty pitchers at the moment(Pilkingto or Hankins).

1. Philadelphia-Brady Singer
  2. San Francisco-Brice Turang
  3. Chicago-Seth Beer
  4. Cincinnati-Joe Gray
  5. Oakland-Kumar Rocker
  6. San Diego-Luken Baker
  7. Atlanta-Ethan Hankins

11 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Woof. Folty has taken a beating last two outings and 3 of last 4. Hitting the wall maybe?  

He's still around 30 innings less than he threw last year. 

I think he is pretty much what he is. A talented pitcher that is a headcase and any little problem can get him out of his comfort zone. 

My Dansby post for the week.

Past 10 plate appearances

5 BB, 2 K, 1 H, 2 fly outs.

That comes out to .200/.600/.200

The weird season continues. I think he needs to move to 7th and Ozzie to 8th. Would probably be beneficial to both.

Edited by devils1854

On 8/19/2017 at 8:48 PM, devils1854 said:

My Dansby post for the week.

Past 10 plate appearances

5 BB, 2 K, 1 H, 2 fly outs.

That comes out to .200/.600/.200

The weird season continues. I think he needs to move to 7th and Ozzie to 8th. Would probably be beneficial to both.

hes actually been much better zince coming back up, been hitting for some power too.

37 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

hes actually been much better zince coming back up, been hitting for some power too.

he's been back up for 11 games now and his WAR has gone from -0.5 to -0.1. Thats a big push in such a little number of games. 

11-37, 3 2B, 2 3B, 6 BB, 6 K

.297/.395/.486, 13.9%, 13.9%

Thats close to the guy we expected. I was always hoping he would end up being a .275/.350/.450, with around 10-12 HR and 10-12 SB. 

5 hours ago, coors said:

Hope Folty turns things around.

He's a GD mental midget. His demeanor on the mound is piss poor if one little thing goes wrong.

If he had Lucas Sims's mentality, he would be a top 30 pitcher in baseball.

I really think he will be out of the rotation by August of next year.

15 hours ago, devils1854 said:

He's a GD mental midget. His demeanor on the mound is piss poor if one little thing goes wrong.

If he had Lucas Sims's mentality, he would be a top 30 pitcher in baseball.

I really think he will be out of the rotation by August of next year.

Living in Chicago, I don't get to see much of the Braves.

What's his deal? I've seen you mention that a couple of times.