Atlanta Braves Mega Thread

coors

20 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

My biggest think with Snit is how he almost totally refused to play young guys. We'd call up someone like Akeel Morris, and he'd have a good inning out of the pen, and then Snit would put him in the game for 5-6 more days. Instead he would pitch Jim Johnson or some other guy instead, and then Morris would be sent down.

Or when Kemp was out for most of the summer. Who does Snit put in the cleanup hole? Nick Markakis. The guy with the lowest ISO on the team.

Ruiz sat the bench for about half the time he was up earlier in the year. Snit would play Garcia instead.

i won't even get into the Dansby stuff, but all this shows that Snit's way of management is totally different than what this team needs. We need our young guys playing, and not some aging vets that aren't good enough to justify playing over them.

Cant you say a lot of that though is the FO not giving him security? Why should he put so much emphasis on development when hes not guaranteed to be there next year. I think its pretty clear he was told he needed to win, and thats what he tried to do. I think it should be Snit for no other reason than he hasnt gotten a real chance and players like him, but if not him commit to someone for multiple years and have a clear, well thought out plan for what we want to accomplish.

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Cant you say a lot of that though is the FO not giving him security? Why should he put so much emphasis on development when hes not guaranteed to be there next year. I think its pretty clear he was told he needed to win, and thats what he tried to do. I think it should be Snit for no other reason than he hasnt gotten a real chance and players like him, but if not him commit to someone for multiple years and have a clear, well thought out plan for what we want to accomplish.

I dont agree with that rationale when the rookie gets his chance, he performs better than the vet. See Morris pitching better than Johnson or Motte. Ruiz playing just as well as crappy Garcia.

What about having Markakis batting clean up, or even having Matt Adams in left field, and not once putting in a defensive replacement towards the end of the game?

The questionable moves go on and on. Hell, I dont think Fredi Gonzalez was that incompetent at times. 

I will say that Snit probably did have some pressure since they hired his replacement as the 3rd base coach, but that doesnt excuse a lot of what he did. 

So uh, Justin Upton might be able to opt out of his contract with the Angels. IF he does opt-out, why not try and bring him back?

Ideally, get rid of Markakis and try and bring in Moustakas to run with something like this:

CF Inciarte L

2B Albies S

1B Freeman L

LF Upton R

3B Moustakas L

C Flowers/Suzuki R

RF Acuna R

SS Swanson R

Bench:

INF Ruiz L

INF Adams L

INF Camargo S

OF Kemp R

OF Adams R

C Suzuki/Flowers R

31 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Anyone not associated with JS, Bobby Cox, etc. Time to move on from that.

outside of his connection to the braves, whats wrong with moore? Seems silly to dismiss good candidates becuase he has ties to guys who have been in baseball for 40 years. How many guys has connections to those two? a lot im sure.

https://www.royalsreview.com/2017/7/18/15725044/dayton-moores-last-two-offseasons-have-been-a-spectacular-disaster

No pick for signing Ian Kennedy

21.Ashe Russell
33.Nolan Watson

17.Brandon Finnegan(traded to Cincinnati)
28.Foster Griffin
40.Chase Vallot

8.Hunter Dozier
34.Sean Manaea(traded to Oakland)

5.Kyle Zimmer

5.Bubba Starling

4.Christian Colon

9.Aaron Crow

3.Eric Hosmer
36.Mike Montgomery

2.Mike Moustakas

This is this picks that the Royals have made since Moore took over. Its Frank Wren bad. Besides his first two years, what has he done to help his team? Crow became a reliever. Colon was a huge bust. Starling has struggled since being drafted. Zimmer will probably never amount to anything. Dozier is probably a AAAA player. Finnegan had one good postseason as a rookie(at least he got a half season of Cueto out of him). The rest of the top 2014 and 2015 picks are nowhere to be found in a top 100 list, and he gave up a first round pick for freakin Ian Kennedy. They currently do not have a top 100 player, and their top prospect is their first round pick from 2017, who was thought of as a reach by many.

He gave a 32 year old Alex Gordon 72 million dollars, and he has given the team 1.3 WAR in the two years since, and he is about to lose Hosmer, Cain, Escobar, and Moustakas, but dont worry, Kansas City had a payroll of 141 million this past year, and they will have Gordon(20 mil), Kennedy(16 mil), Joakim Soria(9 mil), Jason Hammel(9 mil), Travis Wood(6.5 mil), Brandon Moss(7.2 mil), and Jorge Soler(4.7 mil) to lead the team in 2018.

1.Jason McLeod-Senior Vice President of Scouting and Player Development, Cubs
2.Kim Ng-Senior Vice President of Baseball Operations, MLB
3.Chaim Bloom-Vice President of Baseball Operations, Rays
4.Kyle Stark-Assistant GM, Pirates
5.Gabe Kapler-Director of Player Development, Dodgers

Thats my top 5 of who I would want as a GM.