Atlanta Braves Mega Thread

coors

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

cam you expand on this?

Riley should be the starting 3B. He's got Troy Glaus/Scott Rolen type potential. BRaves shouldn't send a ton of resources for guys who may only be here for 2-3 years. They need to invest in the guy they have control of for hte next 6-7. Camargo should be a super-utility type like Omar Infante.

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

Riley should be the starting 3B. He's got Troy Glaus/Scott Rolen type potential. BRaves shouldn't send a ton of resources for guys who may only be here for 2-3 years. They need to invest in the guy they have control of for hte next 6-7. Camargo should be a super-utility type like Omar Infante.

glaus... sure, rolen... absolutely not. he wont have that kind of glove.

more importantly,his swing has some very big holes. theres a chance he can fix it but theres a chance hes a career minor leaguer. hes not the type of prospect you pass on legitimate stars for. and hes probably not the top you just hand a starting spot to.

19 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

glaus... sure, rolen... absolutely not. he wont have that kind of glove.

more importantly,his swing has some very big holes. theres a chance he can fix it but theres a chance hes a career minor leaguer. hes not the type of prospect you pass on legitimate stars for. and hes probably not the top you just hand a starting spot to.

He has a damn good glove. + on almost all metrics in the minors. And that's basically what Glaus was. I think he ends up somewhere in the middle of the two for his career WAR. And he definitely looks like he's been working on the holes in his swing this past offseason. His stance looks totally different than it did last year in ST this year. 

And I'm not saying hand him the spot. Give him a shot to earn it vs. Camargo. But I assume he would beat out Camargo there. He's still just 21 years old. He has too much potential to pass up.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

He has a damn good glove. + on almost all metrics in the minors. And that's basically what Glaus was. I think he ends up somewhere in the middle of the two for his career WAR. And he definitely looks like he's been working on the holes in his swing this past offseason. His stance looks totally different than it did last year in ST this year. 

And I'm not saying hand him the spot. Give him a shot to earn it vs. Camargo. But I assume he would beat out Camargo there. He's still just 21 years old. He has too much potential to pass up.

where are you getting advanced defensive metrics for the minor leagues? 

and the holes in rileys swing have existed almost from the start, i have my doubts that he can fix them now. but as i said months ago, hes improved pretty much every year so i hope so.

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

where are you getting advanced defensive metrics for the minor leagues? 

and the holes in rileys swing have existed almost from the start, i have my doubts that he can fix them now. but as i said months ago, hes improved pretty much every year so i hope so.

What advanced metrics? I'm not a sabr guy. Just looked at what I could see on fangraphs from those.

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

What advanced metrics? I'm not a sabr guy. Just looked at what I could see on fangraphs from those.

yea, but they dont have advanced metrics for defense in the minors.  so when you said he was + on most metrics, what were you looking at? its a near consensus that errors dont show how good at defense you are or arent.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...