Atlanta Braves Mega Thread

coors

Lets start a discussion on something that is worth of our time.

Actual baseball.

I dont think there is any chance we resign Ozuna now that there is no DH in 2021. Brantley or Turner for two years seems to be the go to move, and I agree with a move for Brantley. With some creative defenses with Pache and Acuna, he wouldnt be the worst in left for 2021, and he could move full time to DH in 2022 since we all know its coming with the CBA. Wont block Waters in 22. He is not going to be ready early in 21. Brantley can still hit, and would be a great cleanup hitter for the team, and we could use a lefty. No on Turner just because I dont want that turd on the Braves and I dont want Riley in left.

Other than that, and one more IF bench player, we might be done for the offseason. We need some AAAA depth in Gwinnett, and that will come as more signings play out, but we have a pretty damn great roster.

Edited by devils1854

^So aggravating that everyone likes the universal DH and that the player's association will make it happen with the next CBA, but MLB isn't instituting it this year.  Makes no sense.  Just go ahead and implement it.

In any case, I don't think lack of a DH next year should factor into the Braves' pursuit of Ozuna if they really feel that it will be included in the next CBA.  Suck it up for a year and have Ozuna in LF next year then use him as a DH the following year on.  Makes no sense to choose someone like Brantley to do the same thing.  Only reason not to stick with Ozuna is if they can't make the finances work out.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 12:15 PM, devils1854 said:

Lets start a discussion on something that is worth of our time.

Actual baseball.

I dont think there is any chance we resign Ozuna now that there is no DH in 2021. Brantley or Turner for two years seems to be the go to move, and I agree with a move for Brantley. With some creative defenses with Pache and Acuna, he wouldnt be the worst in left for 2021, and he could move full time to DH in 2022 since we all know its coming with the CBA. Wont block Waters in 22. He is not going to be ready early in 21. Brantley can still hit, and would be a great cleanup hitter for the team, and we could use a lefty. No on Turner just because I dont want that turd on the Braves and I dont want Riley in left.

Other than that, and one more IF bench player, we might be done for the offseason. We need some AAAA depth in Gwinnett, and that will come as more signings play out, but we have a pretty damn great roster.

Welp... looks like this was wrong as far as OZuna is concerned. 1 year in LF then he'll move back to DH.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 12:11 AM, dante9876 said:

The get rid if Snit crew is growing and growing. Do you guys think he is here next season. 

Very late to this but doing so is foolish. His team has pretty much outperformed expectations for 3 years, one down year where the bullpen has crapped the bed and he’s dealt with a bevy of injuries means he should be fired? Give me a break.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...