Atlanta Braves Mega Thread

coors

Teherans splits from 1st half to 2nd half this year, hes back to being the pitcher hes been for the last few years for us. Almost have to ask if he was injured or something. K/9 way up, BB/9 way down and his velocity has ticked up the 2nd half as well.

K/9 BB/9 K/BB HR/9 K% BB% K-BB% AVG WHIP BABIP LOB% FIP xFIP

2017 1st Half 6.53 3.48 1.88 1.74 16.7 % 8.9 % 7.8 % .255 1.38 .269 72.3 % 5.47 5.24
2017 2nd Half 8.83 2.83 3.12 1.50 22.9 % 7.4 % 15.6 % .250 1.30 .293 70.7 % 4.39 4.18

On 9/2/2017 at 0:40 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

Teherans splits from 1st half to 2nd half this year, hes back to being the pitcher hes been for the last few years for us. Almost have to ask if he was injured or something. K/9 way up, BB/9 way down and his velocity has ticked up the 2nd half as well.

K/9 BB/9 K/BB HR/9 K% BB% K-BB% AVG WHIP BABIP LOB% FIP xFIP

2017 1st Half 6.53 3.48 1.88 1.74 16.7 % 8.9 % 7.8 % .255 1.38 .269 72.3 % 5.47 5.24
2017 2nd Half 8.83 2.83 3.12 1.50 22.9 % 7.4 % 15.6 % .250 1.30 .293 70.7 % 4.39 4.18

I think he just finally got used to Chick's teaching.

What can the Braves do to get a true big bat for left field? Like, I'd love to see them go out and get J.D. Martinez, call up Acuna and run with this lineup next year:

CF Inciarte L

SS Swanson R

1B Freeman L

LF Martinez R

C Flowers/Suzuki R

3B Camargo S

RF Acuna R

2B Albies S

Til the guys obviously start to perform fully. This could be a good lineup with power and contact hitters throughout. Lots of speed and some solid fielding outside of maybe Martinez.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

What can the Braves do to get a true big bat for left field? Like, I'd love to see them go out and get J.D. Martinez, call up Acuna and run with this lineup next year:

CF Inciarte L

SS Swanson R

1B Freeman L

LF Martinez R

C Flowers/Suzuki R

3B Camargo S

RF Acuna R

2B Albies S

Til the guys obviously start to perform fully. This could be a good lineup with power and contact hitters throughout. Lots of speed and some solid fielding outside of maybe Martinez.

absolutely not. didnt take a genius to see it coming but camragos stats have normalized in the 2nd half and it may even continue to regress. As is, he has a wRC+ of 94 the 2nd half and we dont need that at 3rd. I wont even comment that you apparently think him hitting 6th would be a good idea.

Go after moustakas, trade either Kemp or Markakis, and bring up acuna.

13 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

absolutely not. didnt take a genius to see it coming but camragos stats have normalized in the 2nd half and it may even continue to regress. As is, he has a wRC+ of 94 the 2nd half and we dont need that at 3rd. I wont even comment that you apparently think him hitting 6th would be a good idea.

Go after moustakas, trade either Kemp or Markakis, and bring up acuna.

If they can get Moustakas and Martinez and somehow trade KEmp and Markakis, that could make the lineup really good.

CF Inciarte L

SS Swanson R

1B Freeman L

LF Martinez R

3B Moustakas L

C Flowers/Suzuki R

RF Acuna R

2B Albies S

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

What do you make of this? 

Seems I've heard more rumblings of late about FO. Looks like Braves have too many chiefs and not enough indians. 

those arent really uncommon jobs these days so no problem there. 

and despised by who for what? i think smarter decision couldve been made over the last 6 weeks but if stone age guys are angry that weve full embraced a new way of thinking then who cares?