Atlanta Braves Mega Thread

coors

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:51 PM, WizardHawk said:

Not sure how credible this guy is, but thought it was worth throwing out. Snit fans are getting scarce. 

O'Brien is the Braves beat writer. So he's about as credible as D-led is with the Falcons. Which is pretty up there.

23 minutes ago, scar988 said:

O'Brien is the Braves beat writer. So he's about as credible as D-led is with the Falcons. Which is pretty up there.

neither of those guys job is to get info like this nor are they good at it, both guys are more dumb opinion stuff and relaying interviews, etc. Bowman is egit, but it sounds more likely than not hes coming back, even if its only 60/40.

14 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

neither of those guys job is to get info like this nor are they good at it, both guys are more dumb opinion stuff and relaying interviews, etc. Bowman is egit, but it sounds more likely than not hes coming back, even if its only 60/40.

D-led is fed info all the time. HE's just not very good at deciphering true/false.

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

anyone have thoughts on what on roation looks like next year? Teheran, Folty and Newcomb are all locks, and I think its very likely Goharas in there as well. If Dickeys back then hes the 5th, but if not either Fried or Sims?

From interviews and what not, I get the sense that Dickey is going to retire, so we wont have to pay him, although I wouldnt be against it. 200 easy innings, which will be needed.

If DIckey does not come back, we will probably go after a vet in free agency. Alex Cobb or Lance Lynn are a few of the names being thrown out. We will probably try to trade for someone like Chris Archer first.

I dont think it really matters what young guys are in the rotation. All will still be on a innings limit, so Gohara, Sims, Fried, and even the guys that havent come up, will get plenty of chances.

• Teheran
  • Vet
  • Folty
  • Newcomb
  • Fried

That would probably be my guess on the opening day starters

Here's my roster for next year if I could do whatever I wanted with signings/trades/promotions

1. Ender Inciarte(CF)
  2. Ozzie Albies(2B)
  3. Freddie Freeman(1B)
  4. Mike Moustakas(3B)
  5. Tyler Flowers(C)
  6. Ronald Acuna(RF)
  7. Dansby Swanson(SS)
  8. Lane Adams(LF)
  • C-Kurt Suzuki
  • INF-Rio Ruiz
  • INF/OF-Jace Peterson
  • OF-Matt Kemp(no one is taking his contract unless we eat almost all of it)

1. Chris Archer
  2. Julio Teheran
  3. Mike Foltnewicz
  4. Sean Newcomb
  5. Max Fried

• CP-AJ Minter
  • SU-Arodys Vizcaino
  • 7I-Jose Ramirez
  • LOOGY-Sam Freeman
  • RP-Luke Gregerson
  • RP-Akeel Morris
  • RP-Dan Winkler
  • Long-Lucas Sims

• Nick Markakis Trade-eat 4 million on last year of contract to Blue Jays for LHP Angel Perdomo
  • Matt Adams Trade-to Kansas City for RHP Miguel Almonte
  • Jim Johnson-DFA
  • Chris Archer trade-send Mike Soroka, Johan Camargo, and Luiz Gohara
  • Mike Moustakas-FA signing(5 years, 98 million)
  • Luke Gregerson-FA signing(2 years, 13.5 million)

14 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

are you able to articulate why or do you just want to throw out silly hashtags?

Like Snit, the players love him, but unlike Snit, he seems to be a good manager. I know he's a good teacher of the game after hearing guys like Freddie, Dansby, and others rave about him helping their defense.

Has a career 664-611 record in the majors. 2 AL Championships, 2 Division Championships, 1 Wild Card berth, and his teams won 90 games or more in 4 of his 8 years.

Im all aboard hiring him.

14 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Like Snit, the players love him, but unlike Snit, he seems to be a good manager. I know he's a good teacher of the game after hearing guys like Freddie, Dansby, and others rave about him helping their defense.

Has a career 664-611 record in the majors. 2 AL Championships, 2 Division Championships, 1 Wild Card berth, and his teams won 90 games or more in 4 of his 8 years.

Im all aboard hiring him.

Its more or less agreed upon that managerial decisions are negilble. However, people used to complain that washington couldnt manage his pen, and he had other issues. 

Im not overly attached to snitker, but people are always going to complain about something, whether it be him, washington or whoever. Snitkers been in an impossible situation the last year and a half, even ignoringthe current thing going on, the FO has been throwing crao at a wall and seeing what sticks. Snitker has to deal with the mess though. The team won 72 games, in all honesty thats probably more than they should have with what we had, and tbh of you expected better results you had unrealistic expectations.

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Its more or less agreed upon that managerial decisions are negilble. However, people used to complain that washington couldnt manage his pen, and he had other issues. 

Im not overly attached to snitker, but people are always going to complain about something, whether it be him, washington or whoever. Snitkers been in an impossible situation the last year and a half, even ignoringthe current thing going on, the FO has been throwing crao at a wall and seeing what sticks. Snitker has to deal with the mess though. The team won 72 games, in all honesty thats probably more than they should have with what we had, and tbh of you expected better results you had unrealistic expectations.

My biggest think with Snit is how he almost totally refused to play young guys. We'd call up someone like Akeel Morris, and he'd have a good inning out of the pen, and then Snit would put him in the game for 5-6 more days. Instead he would pitch Jim Johnson or some other guy instead, and then Morris would be sent down.

Or when Kemp was out for most of the summer. Who does Snit put in the cleanup hole? Nick Markakis. The guy with the lowest ISO on the team.

Ruiz sat the bench for about half the time he was up earlier in the year. Snit would play Garcia instead.

i won't even get into the Dansby stuff, but all this shows that Snit's way of management is totally different than what this team needs. We need our young guys playing, and not some aging vets that aren't good enough to justify playing over them.