Cowboys DT Stephen Paea decides to retire

TheKillerNacho

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/11/report-stephen-paea-tells-cowboys-hes-retiring/

Mid-season retirements are pretty rare, especially for a player who started the first four games of the season. But I guess his knee injury and general ineffectiveness made him decide to hang up his cleats. David Irving, coming back from suspension, started against the Packers and notched two sacks, securing the starting job from Paea.

I despise cowards who abandon their comrades during the season. Slap in the face of all the players who grinded but got cut and he took a roster spot, slap in the face of coaches who trusted him to do his job, and slap in the face of teammates who were out there battling that he just abandoned. Cowardly, disgraceful act. The Cowboys are better off without this mental midget.

16 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I despise cowards who abandon their comrades during the season. Slap in the face of all the players who grinded but got cut and he took a roster spot, slap in the face of coaches who trusted him to do his job, and slap in the face of teammates who were out there battling that he just abandoned. Cowardly, disgraceful act. The Cowboys are better off without this mental midget.

??  We don't even know why he decided to retire.  

Just like teams can sign and cut players whenever they want, players can sign and quit whenever they want.  Don't think anyone deserves to be called a mental midget because they decided to retire for whatever reason.   

33 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

He's gotta do what's best for him, his health, and welfare. If your heart isn't in football, GET OUT NOW before you get yourself or someone else hurt. L.T. said that he knew exactly when to retire...it was on a 3rd and short situation, they were down 10 with 3 minutes left, and he thought to himself, "Man, please don't run my way." He said that it was time at that very second to retire. He was right.

Ya, but when a team cuts a guy mid season its totally fine.

Each player has the right to decide what is best for them. It can be frustrating, but in the end all that matters to Paea should be Paea, and that's how it should be. Its his life, his body and his choice.

Hell, Nolan Carroll just got cut coming off a concussion and people laughed at how booty he was to start the season. But that's fine right? Players have the right to go when they feel like going, as long as teams have the right to cut who they feel like cutting. Two way street.

3 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Potentially true, but we don’t know why he’s retiring. What if it’s for a health reason? Even sans injuries, if his heart isn’t in the game anymore then I doubt the Cowboys or his teammates want him there anyway. Full contact sports require lots of heart for people that aren’t other worldly athletic. 

3 hours ago, bluemushrooms said:

??  We don't even know why he decided to retire.  

Just like teams can sign and cut players whenever they want, players can sign and quit whenever they want.  Don't think anyone deserves to be called a mental midget because they decided to retire for whatever reason.   

He's joking.

I hope Paea enjoys life after football.

David Irving and Maliek Collins are a nice duo of interior lineman. No way Paea would beat them out.

On 10/12/2017 at 9:31 AM, RuskieTitan said:

hottest take of 2017?

Archived