Mock that will really make people think.

jetfuel34

21 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

This guy gets it.

I'm not sold on any QB except T Law and I think JD will not fall into the trap. He was a great HC first and then see if they can work with an experiance QB. If you can cut down Winston turnovers he be really good and Mariota looked really good filling in for Carr. Sometimes all it takes a change of team with a new staff to change that young QB from below average to above averge or even top 10 type guy. You can look at QB's like Brady who looked done as a Pat, Tannehill, Brees, Rivers, I can go on and on on how these guys go from one team to another and do well. Look at all the QB that where suppose to be the guy and tanked. The list would go on for ever. 

If what you believe is accurate then just keep Darnold, but in your assessment taking a reclamation project and tweak him could turn out to be beneficial. Whats the old adage, COULD OF, WOULD OF , SHOULD OF?

Sorry I don't buy it, Brady is a GOAT, Brees is a HOF, Rivers shouldn't make the HOF, but probably will and Tannehill revived his career granted, but look at the team surrounding him.

For that matter Brady, Brees, Rivers and Tannehill all have some very good teams surrounding them and have had them for years.

13 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Let me make this clear to people. Lawrence and Sewel are NOT generational talents...they are just excellent prospects. Generational means ONCE IN A GENERATION. Neither of these guys are that player. Neither is Devonta Smith. 

To be fair, what prospect is generational until they have completed their career. But they are very good prospects at their respected positions to be sure. While other generational talents have gone undrafted and late draft picks.

I am one of the few people who prefer our next QB to be someone other than the No. 2 pick OR Darnold. So, I understand this mock. I am just not a fan. I think if we go in a different direction than Darnold or the No. 2 pick for a QB, we should get an established veteran (not a project like Winston or Mariota) and then draft a guy with either the Seattle pick or an early second. Established guy plus a developmental guy, preferably two guys with similar skill sets.

Also, I am not really interested in trading down from No. 2 because Sewell would be such an incredible get for this franchise...to be able to protect the QB for years and years from both sides. That is massively important.

1 hour ago, Big T said:

If I listened to the media, than Sam Darnold is broken beyond repair in NYC. You assume too much when it comes to ones personal opinion. Just as your's has to be respected but not necessarily correct

I was referring to the media when they attach overused adjectives to a prospect. Not Sam. I should hope your opinion of Sam is based on watching him. 

21 hours ago, xrade said:

I was referring to the media when they attach overused adjectives to a prospect. Not Sam. I should hope your opinion of Sam is based on watching him. 

It is and I see a boat load of talent there, but his cast of characters have been what one would say was lacking. Not one bonafide WR in 3 years, only one sure OL and that from this years draft. Douglas to his credit has had a strong draft class, and going into this years draft can add much needed talent. The Jets can draft a WR, but as we all know, signing one of the top FA WR's will go a long way in establishing Sam as a good player. Not to mention a top RB in the draft. OL is another FA piece that could be added. But I digress, I don't think Sam is broken, the Jets beat Cleveland and all the world made excuses for Mayfield "welcome to Sam Darnold world" for the past 3 years.

58 minutes ago, Big T said:

It is and I see a boat load of talent there, but his cast of characters have been what one would say was lacking. Not one bonafide WR in 3 years, only one sure OL and that from this years draft. Douglas to his credit has had a strong draft class, and going into this years draft can add much needed talent. The Jets can draft a WR, but as we all know, signing one of the top FA WR's will go a long way in establishing Sam as a good player. Not to mention a top RB in the draft. OL is another FA piece that could be added. But I digress, I don't think Sam is broken, the Jets beat Cleveland and all the world made excuses for Mayfield "welcome to Sam Darnold world" for the past 3 years.

Sam has certainly had his moments which makes him so frustrating. Can he be good? Maybe. Is it worth it for this team to invest more time and money to find out? Nope. I have seen too many poor decisions and inaccurate passes from Sam this season that has nothing to do with WR, OL or scheme. Missing Crowder and running out of bounds, missing wide open receivers over the middle but throwing into double coverage, locking on slot and throwing into JA’s hands who is just standing there, his ints while rolling out and throwing behind his receivers into the arms or defender. I think you get my point.

Can the Jets really afford to invest more time and potentially big $ to that?  We have the opportunity to fix that or at least not double down on something that is broken. Maybe Sam can be salvaged but I am not willing to bet on that nor would I be willing to pay big $ to find out. New HC and staff, new O scheme, new QB. Just do it. 

Eh getting a QB is more important than building an OL first. Jets had an amazing OL with  guys like Damien Woody, Nick Mangold, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Brandon Moore and Alan Faneca (ALL AT THE SAME TIME!) and still couldn't do anything because there wasn't a QB. Mangold, Ferguson, and Moore where all together for 7 seasons!

On 1/9/2021 at 10:41 AM, Malik said:

Eh getting a QB is more important than building an OL first. Jets had an amazing OL with  guys like Damien Woody, Nick Mangold, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Brandon Moore and Alan Faneca (ALL AT THE SAME TIME!) and still couldn't do anything because there wasn't a QB. Mangold, Ferguson, and Moore where all together for 7 seasons!

It's all about identity.  The Jets did well when the run game and defense was their identity.  Unfortunately they completely ignored weapons for years and they eventually got worse running the ball.