-- [Complete] 2021 Head Coach Search - Nick Sirianni hired as Head Coach

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I thought you were "looking into it" - stuffs not hard to find.

He was banned from CU for a year for choking a female parking attendant. He has more then a few assault accusations against him - of both kinds. He pulled a Rick Pitino/Hugh Freeze when it came to recruits, he's got a very long list of issues.

Like I said, most of this stuff doesn't bother me and I wouldn't be mad if we hired him, but there's plenty of reasons why he doesn't have a job yet. 

Most of that is the college stuff still. 

Wouldn't that be something we hire a RB coach/OC and not named Duce. 

I think he/they have to go outside the AR tree. How you mad at Doug for hiring within but you still stuck on AR? 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

He was banned from CU for a year for choking a female parking attendant. He has more then a few assault accusations against him - of both kinds. He pulled a Rick Pitino/Hugh Freeze when it came to recruits, he's got a very long list of issues.

Like I said, most of this stuff doesn't bother me and I wouldn't be mad if we hired him, but there's plenty of reasons why he doesn't have a job yet. 

I didn't see anything that went into the detail of the parking attendant, just said got into a verbal and physical altercation in 1993. 

I saw the stuff with recruits, but none if it ever actually named him in any of it from what I've seen. More than anything discipline came back on members of the football team themselves. 

I still don't see the other assault accusation stuff though, 'of both kinds'. I see Vance Joseph has been accused of sexual assault, his former coaching colleague at Colorado but nothing on Bieniemy. I'm not disputing it, because I think it's pretty damn important to find everything, I just don't see it.

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

Yeah seems to have a lot of issues stemming from a short fuse. Leading to him getting into a real dumb mode often.

Also stuff with Rape charges being potentially covered up for Colorado players.  But he left before anything was really made of it.

Basically a long list of him being kind of a crappy person who isn’t the most balanced and even keeled guy you usually look for. Some of it points to a lack of accountability, which you can’t have with your HC.

All that said most of it was a long time ago, people grow. It’s up to owners/gms to dig a bit and see how he is. Which could explain the rough interviews he’s apparently had.

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

All that said most of it was a long time ago, people grow. It’s up to owners/gms to dig a bit and see how he is. Which could explain the rough interviews he’s apparently had.

I'm assuming it's brought up often throughout the interviews and that's probably when he reacts poorly. 

16 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I didn't see anything that went into the detail of the parking attendant, just said got into a verbal and physical altercation in 1993. 

I saw the stuff with recruits, but none if it ever actually named him in any of it from what I've seen. More than anything discipline came back on members of the football team themselves. 

I still don't see the other assault accusation stuff though, 'of both kinds'. I see Vance Joseph has been accused of sexual assault, his former coaching colleague at Colorado but nothing on Bieniemy. I'm not disputing it, because I think it's pretty damn important to find everything, I just don't see it.

Sorry, I sound like a total **** in my response, my bad. 

There's stuff out there, there's actually a lot of stuff out there. You dig and you'll find the information you're looking for. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I'm assuming it's brought up often throughout the interviews and that's probably when he reacts poorly. 

Yeah similar to combine interviews that you always hear go bad. Sucks if he’s put it behind him and wants to move on, but you gotta do it as an owner/FO. Can’t invest tens of millions on salary and multiple years of time and salaries for everyone else for it to all blow up because he can’t keep his head, stay calm and not lash out physically on someone.

34 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Most of that is the college stuff still. 

Wouldn't that be something we hire a RB coach/OC and not named Duce. 

I think he/they have to go outside the AR tree. How you mad at Doug for hiring within but you still stuck on AR? 

Like I said - I personally don't care. However, there are red flags around him, regardless of how long ago it was, and it probably has a lot to do with him not getting interviews or job offers. 

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Like I said - I personally don't care. However, there are red flags around him, regardless of how long ago it was, and it probably has a lot to do with him not getting interviews or job offers. 

I also think part of his problem is what does he do for KC? Andy is the real OC and it all works because the greatest QB of all time happens to play for them. 

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

He was the passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach. Uh he had nothing to do with burrow at all. 

This isn't accurate. It is well documented that Brady worked a lot with Burrow in his time at LSU. I remember first hearing about his work with Burrow on the Move the Sticks podcast months back now. But he also did work with the WRs and helped turned them into an NFL stud and a likely future NFL stud.

• Like 1