-- [Complete] 2021 Head Coach Search - Nick Sirianni hired as Head Coach

Kiltman

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I dont think he does. I don't think he has any chance at fixing wentz.

I don't know what the issue is with Wentz but I feel that just having someone new might do wonders for his headspace. It is clear he and Doug had issues. I think that clouded everything and that brick wall made it impossible for either to communicate. So whoever comes will be a fresh slate. And having a year he had and knowing that there will be a real competition -- it might light a fire in Wentz. He has something to prove.

So with that I can see Lurie/Howie wanting someone young with this being his first HC position. I think the idea of still having control but giving the HC and his staff some slack is their ideal scenario. But we shall see.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Arthur Smith rumored to have an offer from Atlanta

would bring it to

• Jaguars - Urban Meyer
  • Jets - Robert Saleh
  • Falcons - Arthur Smith

With remaining openings being 

• Chargers - 
  • Eagles - 
  • Lions - 
  • Texans - 

Bienemy will have his pick of any of these essentially, I'd imagine Houston being out since they showed no interest until after Watson got upset and they already missed their interview window. 

I think he ends up on the Chargers. 

That leaves who? Daboll, Brady, Kafka, Mayo, Bowles, Lincoln Riley?

2 minutes ago, ACO said:

I don't know what the issue is with Wentz but I feel that just having someone new might do wonders for his headspace. It is clear he and Doug had issues. I think that clouded everything and that brick wall made it impossible for either to communicate. So whoever comes will be a fresh slate. And having a year he had and knowing that there will be a real competition -- it might light a fire in Wentz. He has something to prove.

So with that I can see Lurie/Howie wanting someone young with this being his first HC position. I think the idea of still having control but giving the HC and his staff some slack is their ideal scenario. But we shall see.

Wentz needs help on simple things like mechanics. Joe brady is a wide receiver. No matter how nice the passing game concept looks it doesnt matter if carson starts looking at the pass rush and takes a sack.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Bienemy will have his pick of any of these essentially, I'd imagine Houston being out since they showed no interest until after Watson got upset and they already missed their interview window. 

I heard some rumblings that Bienemy might not get hired this round of coaching changes. Guy has serious red flags and interviews poorly.

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Wentz needs help on simple things like mechanics. Joe brady is a wide receiver. No matter how nice the passing game concept looks it doesnt matter if carson starts looking at the pass rush and takes a sack.

That is why you hire a OC and QB coach. I don't have issue with the HC not being a QB guy as long as his coordinators are.

23 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

The way he turned around Burrow is amazing, he went from undrafted to first pick with Brady. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

he went from undrafted to first pick

Let's not act like Burrow wasn't really talented to begin with. Gatorade player of the year as a HS senior and a top 10 ranked QB in the country when he committed to Ohio St. He just got stuck behind some bigger names before he left. 

His play in Brady's offense was unreal and the progression was fantastic, but don't act like he pulled him off the street.

Edited by Jlash

49 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Bienemy doesn’t seem like the top guy, for whatever reason. Whether it be his interviews, what staff he’d want to bring, being stuck between Andy and Kafka / coaching Mahomes and not seeming like much of the reason for success there, teams likely having to wait until after the super bowl most likely....whatever. He seems like he’s not getting pushed through to a lot of these jobs. The Texans job might actually be his shot, if that’s the only way they hope to rectify the Watson situation.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

In his first year in the nfl with a bad OLINE ,Qb and backup rb, it would be dabolls 2nd best offense ranking in his career.

Yes and do you know what kind of rosters Daboll was dealing with when he was in Cleveland, Kansas City, Miami? Terrible ones.

Head coaches were Eric Mangini, Tony Sparano, and Romeo Crennel. All were fired after 1 or 2 seasons.

I'm just pointing out the double standard you're applying of applying context to the guy you're swooning over, while conveniently ignoring it for the guy you're advocating against.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Bienemy doesn’t seem like the top guy, for whatever reason. Whether it be his interviews, what staff he’d want to bring, being stuck between Andy and Kafka / coaching Mahomes and not seeming like much of the reason for success there, teams likely having to wait until after the super bowl most likely....whatever. He seems like he’s not getting pushed through to a lot of these jobs. The Texans job might actually be his shot, if that’s the only way they hope to rectify the Watson situation.

Bienamy is a RBs Coach, which in today's modern NFL centered around the passing game is less desirable. Everyone knows Andy Reid is the mastermind behind that offense, and pretty much every offensive coordinator that's been under him to have been promoted has had a very short shelf life as a head coach.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Bienamy is a RBs Coach, which in today's modern NFL centered around the passing game is less desirable. Everyone knows Andy Reid is the mastermind behind that offense, and pretty much every offensive coordinator that's been under him to have been promoted has had a very short shelf life as a head coach.

Yup. Long history of it that I don’t think a lot of national people are considering. Doug was the exception and got exposed to not have the goods. Same reasons why Duce will struggle to find a HC gig. Until someone gives him a shot at building and calling an offense his appeal is limited.

Their best chance is to blow owners away with their command of the room, their plan, and their “leader of men” reputation. It seems like Bienemy hasn’t done that. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yes and do you know what kind of rosters Daboll was dealing with when he was in Cleveland, Kansas City, Miami? Terrible ones.

Head coaches were Eric Mangini, Tony Sparano, and Romeo Crennel. All were fired after 1 or 2 seasons.

I'm just pointing out the double standard you're applying of applying context to the guy you're swooning over, while conveniently ignoring it for the guy you're advocating against.

Well Brady was able to get something out of his offenses when they were bad while Daboll ranked last couple times, Kansas City wasn’t that terrible.