-- [Complete] 2021 Head Coach Search - Nick Sirianni hired as Head Coach

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I'd never heard that one until you brought it up the other week.

He has very much gotten into meddling with things way more. 

I think moreso than anyone he was ready for all the "new normal" stuff.

Doug is literally going to be fired because Lurie wants to dictate Dougs coaching staff and the timing of that firing is going to be bizarre. the eagles are a hot mess and lurie might be problem number 1.

10 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Doug is literally going to be fired because Lurie wants to dictate Dougs coaching staff and the timing of that firing is going to be bizarre. the eagles are a hot mess and lurie might be problem number 1.

Yeah, it's tough because I think we all agree if Press is Doug's decision...he's an idiot.
But Lurie controlling it is an extra level of not good.

5 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

If this turns out to be True, we are in far more trouble then anyone thinks. Absolutely last thing this Franchise needs is Lurie getting a Jerry Jones complex. 

STFU, sit back like you've done for 2 decades. Don't change now post SB? 

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

If this turns out to be True, we are in far more trouble then anyone thinks. Absolutely last thing this Franchise needs is Lurie getting a Jerry Jones complex. 

STFU, sit back like you've done for 2 decades. Don't change now post SB? 

I think the issue is he got more vocal post Chip, if I remember right he pushed to figure out the QB situation.
Oking the move up and met with a lot of the prospects.

Him getting involved could equal us getting the Super Bowl.

9 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

there are stories of Lurie making decisions he shouldnt like he drafted shareef miller because he like the story of shareef and his grandfather lifelong eagles fans watchin the superbowl together.

Is it meddling or is it a HC that is struggling to manage his coach and players and forcing mandates to come from the ownership level? 

Head coaches shouldn't run the offense during a game, they should run the team. Dougy's "3rd and 1 time for a bomb" style of playcalling when added to his lack of paying attention to game management is a big reason why we did so poorly this season. He also started his very own QB controversy, so there's that too. 

What I find interesting is there is rumors that the Jets want to trade for him?!?! They got 2 1sts, 2 3rds, and 2 4ths. I'd gladly rob them of their 3rds for Dougy P. 

Go Birds

MC

11 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Apparently potentially firing a Head Coach because they can't hire the right people is meddling now? It isn't Lurie's fault Doug is inept when it comes to the coaching staff. The guy wants Press Taylor to be his OC lol. He should be fired for that alone.

So much this.

32 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Apparently potentially firing a Head Coach because they can't hire the right people is meddling now? It isn't Lurie's fault Doug is inept when it comes to the coaching staff. The guy wants Press Taylor to be his OC lol. He should be fired for that alone.

Doug deserves to get dumped for his inability to develop players and his game plans are horrendous. Howie needs to go because his player evals and overall drafting is horrendous. 

Fire them both. Let your HC choose a cap/contract guy to be his "GM". Hire talents evaluators. Listen to them. And go from there.

11 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Doug deserves to get dumped for his inability to develop players and his game plans are horrendous. Howie needs to go because his player evals and overall drafting is horrendous. 

Fire them both. Let your HC choose a cap/contract guy to be his "GM". Hire talents evaluators. Listen to them. And go from there.

Usually it goes the other way around. GM picks the coach. Personally, I prefer it that way.