-- [Complete] 2021 Head Coach Search - Nick Sirianni hired as Head Coach

Kiltman

Just now, Jeezla said:

Sounds like were going with McDaniels or Bowles regardless

Yeah, seems like the overcorrection this time is locker room and staff command. Which Doug was losing and rarely had with his Coaches. Brady and college coaches kinda fly in the face of that. I think Lurie is fixated on having a premium innovative offense enough that he'd consider just going for that if he could.

One of the biggest thing we need is an a big coaching overhaul. So many of them were awful at developing players.
Not only do the McDaniels and Bowles' of the world have more command of things...but they will bring in more established coaches.

Hey..maybe we can get Brady in a couple years if Josh pulls a Denver 2.0 and takes Howie out.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, seems like the overcorrection this time is locker room and staff command. Which Doug was losing and rarely had with his Coaches. Brady and college coaches kinda fly in the face of that. I think Lurie is fixated on having a premium innovative offense enough that he'd consider just going for that if he could.

One of the biggest thing we need is an a big coaching overhaul. So many of them were awful at developing players.
Not only do the McDaniels and Bowles' of the world have more command of things...but they will bring in more established coaches.

Hey..maybe we can get Brady in a couple years if Josh pulls a Denver 2.0 and takes Howie out.

We'll hire Brady next year after Luries fires Josh. I'm 100% convinced we hire Josh and he lasts only 1 year (Somehow Howie will once again not get fired even though we finish bottom 5)

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Where's Matts to rub it in that Daboll basically turned down a promotion because we suck that much?

I try to remain neutral in these more serious threads and I had already made it known I thought the Eagles job was undesirable. Its not really a shock to me that people are shying away from you guys and the Texans. 

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

2 Kellen Moore

Keep your grubby fingers to yourself. 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Tom Brady just had the 2nd best (regular) season of his career at age 43, without McDaniels. Meanwhile, McDaniels offense looked like crap the moment he didn't have the greatest QB in NFL history running it, just like it looked like crap in Denver when he didn't have Tom Brady. Josh McDaniels has never looked good (or even average) without Tom Brady. Tom Brady has looked great without Josh McDaniels. McDaniels success relies entirely on Tom Brady. With Carson Wentz/McDaniels combo, we're picking top 5 next year.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Tom Brady is currently having success. Josh McDaniels is currently failing.

^^^^^ Both of these post are unfair to McDaniels. The talent difference between TB and NE is staggering. 

Ready for our organization to go full Game of Thrones. Howie vs McDaniels vs Wentz. 3 HUGE egos to battle it out for Lurie's love.

Also this is 100% part of the SB curse. We lost Reich early because McDaniels inexplicably backed out of a job he accepted last second... and now 3 years later Doug is gone, Reich is killing it in Indy, and we somehow end up as the team hiring this toolbag the rest of the league wants nothing to do with.

Nothing to like about this hire outside the entertainment value. NE offense has gotten worse each year over the past 4 years. From #1 in 2017 to 5 to 11 to 23 in 2020 (per DVOA). Love to see us going after the hot candidates...

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Ready for our organization to go full Game of Thrones. Howie vs McDaniels vs Wentz. 3 HUGE egos to battle it out for Lurie's love.

Also this is 100% part of the SB curse. We lost Reich early because McDaniels inexplicably backed out of a job he accepted last second... and now 3 years later Doug is gone, Reich is killing it in Indy, and we somehow end up as the team hiring this toolbag the rest of the league wants nothing to do with.

Nothing to like about this hire outside the entertainment value. NE offense has gotten worse each year over the past 4 years. From #1 in 2017 to 5 to 11 to 23 in 2020 (per DVOA). Love to see us going after the hot candidates...

Yep. This is what I was eluding to earlier. The personality factor of McDaniels coming into this situation is terrible. Adam Gase 2.0 here we go.

I pray he has learned from his mistakes but some people just never learn.... guess we will find out. I will root for him if we hire him and hope for the best, but I am definitely worried.

Also, I am thinking Daboll skipping out is a good thing in the end. I am not convinced by his resume and he may have just lucked into Allen becoming really good more than anything.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

Love the hire if it is McDaniels... I feel like I stand alone on that here but he's what this team needs. Extremely smart & diligent, very good play caller, very good gameplanner, and doesn't put up with hoopla which is what Wentz needs. if Wentz isn't ok with being coached hard, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Josh McDaniels has never looked good (or even average) without Tom Brady.

That Denver squad did start out 6-0 but then fell flat. Can't really recall how great they looked during that 6-0 start but he had some success for a period. Also Made Brisette Cassell and Jimmy G all looked pretty good under him and all good starting jobs from looking good under him. Even though they didn't last besides Jimmy G. 

Not trying to defend McDaniels but like I've said before... I'm not against the hiring and there's worse options. Just like any hire. Some will like and some won't. Doesn't matter who it is.. someone will find an issue with any hire

11 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Love the hire if it is McDaniels... I feel like I stand alone on that here but he's what this team needs. Extremely smart & diligent, very good play caller, very good gameplanner, and doesn't put up with hoopla which is what Wentz needs. if Wentz isn't ok with being coached hard, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I'm not against it.