-- [Complete] 2021 Head Coach Search - Nick Sirianni hired as Head Coach

Kiltman

Not that much noise anymore. The favorites I think are Mcdaniels, Duce, Siranno. Haven't heard much buzz about Brady. Duce will probably want to call plays, and hopefully would bring an Arthur Smith like offense to us, would like to see us going with a FB on the roster than a 3rd TE. Hopefully the new coach doesn't keep 5 RBs anymore, I'm also sick of Clement. Should be Sanders, Bruiser and Scott, would love to pick up Najee Harris in the 2nd if Duce is the hire. 

Mcdaniels will bring a good balanced offense to us and will be tougher, but players will go from a fun to a more strict environment which can be good and bad, veterans always takes that change very bad so I can see them speaking out about it. But Carson needs that and I think Josh learned his lesson and I hate to say it but he has the most Potential out of all the candidates if he really learned how to treat people equal and show emotional intelligence. Josh and Duce would be a perfect match with Duce leadership, and hopefully Jerod Mayo as the DC. Two minority coordinators can give us future draft picks if they get hired.

Siranno seems like a players coach and has arguably the least amount of experience. I say Duce has more since he was a player and a coach. Wouldn't like the hire.

9 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Was Sirianni considered or even brought up for any other jobs? There were 7/8 opening this year and I don't recall ever seeing his name mentioned for any other job. That's a bit worrisome to me. 

Neither was Andy Reid or Doug so 🤷

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Neither was Andy Reid or Doug so 🤷

History repeating itself is never a good thing.

I'm good with anyone but McDaniels or Duce at this point. I'd actually be okay to never see Duce Staley on a Philly staff ever again so I don't constantly have to hear how he deserves to be a HC or OC and how all the players want him. 

10 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Was Sirianni considered or even brought up for any other jobs? There were 7/8 opening this year and I don't recall ever seeing his name mentioned for any other job. That's a bit worrisome to me. 

I don’t recall any. But the pools have been pretty split this year. Jets, Jags, Lions, Falcons all seemed pretty set on the guy they hired and didn’t go very wide with their searches....Chargers kinda were too. I’d have to go look at their list of interviews but I think they all were like a third of what the Eagles have done.

Texans seem like they are stuck while they are trying to repair the Watson relationship. I’d expect them maybe to interview him too.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

I don’t recall any. But the pools have been pretty split this year. Jets, Jags, Lions, Falcons all seemed pretty set on the guy they hired and didn’t go very wide with their searches....Chargers kinda were too. I’d have to go look at their list of interviews but I think they all were like a third of what the Eagles have done.

Texans seem like they are stuck while they are trying to repair the Watson relationship. I’d expect them maybe to interview him too.

Sirianni is a Chargers guy right? It's not concerning that they never even considered him? They didn't even mention his name for an interview. He spent 5+ years with the Chargers and for them to not even consider him is kind of eye opening for me. 

I don't hate the guy, but I don't think he's the top option right now. 

17 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Sirianni is a Chargers guy right? It's not concerning that they never even considered him? They didn't even mention his name for an interview. He spent 5+ years with the Chargers and for them to not even consider him is kind of eye opening for me. 

Yeah he was there 2013-2017

They were looking at Matt Eberflus, so it's not like they weren't looking at the Colts.

Arthur Smith, Eberflus, Joe Brady, Eric Bieniemy, Jason Garrett, Brian Daboll was their list. They reportedly were set  with Daboll until they interviewed Brandon Staley and then they didn't want to let him take another interview (we had one scheduled the next day).

He probably would've been a part of that next batch like he is for us.
But who knows. He's not really a standout guy, just sorta fine.

42 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I think if you start worrying about who other teams are looking at, the list gets pretty ugly.