Fastest defense you have ever seen?

LieutenantGains

For me, it's easily the 2002 Bucs. That Tampa 2 was almost impossible to score on under the old rules with Brooks, Barber, Dexter Jackson, Simeon Rice, Warren Sapp (super athletic for how big he was), John Lynch (underrated athlete), and even Anthony McFarland at DT creating interior pressure.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

For me, it's easily the 2002 Bucs. That Tampa 2 was almost impossible to score on under the old rules with Brooks, Barber, Dexter Jackson, Simeon Rice, Warren Sapp (super athletic for how big he was), John Lynch (underrated athlete), and even Anthony McFarland at DT creating interior pressure.

Yes, particularly for finesse offenses. The only way to effectively attack that Bucs defense was with hog-ball, a team that had a big pile-driving O-line and could run a big power back like a Jerome Bettis at them between the tackles. But they ate high-flying finesse passing offenses for lunch. 

Certainly weren't the best listed as far as talent, but as far as speed the 2009 Raiders may have been the fastest team I can ever recall.

SS- Tyvon Branch- 4.31 40

FS- Michael Huff- 4.35 40

CB- Chris Johnson- "4.18" 40

CB- Stanford Routt- 4.27 40

OLB- Thomas Howard- 4.42 40

MLB- Rolando McClain- 4.59 40

MLB Kamerion Wimbley- 4.61 40

OLB- Quentin Groves- 4.57 40

DL- Lamarr Houston- 4.83 40

DL- Richard Seymour- 4.95 40

DL- Tommy Kelly- 4.87 40 

10 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Certainly weren't the best listed as far as talent, but as far as speed the 2009 Raiders may have been the fastest team I can ever recall.

SS- Tyvon Branch- 4.31 40

FS- Michael Huff- 4.35 40

CB- Chris Johnson- "4.18" 40

CB- Stanford Routt- 4.27 40

OLB- Thomas Howard- 4.42 40

MLB- Rolando McClain- 4.59 40

MLB Kamerion Wimbley- 4.61 40

OLB- Quentin Groves- 4.57 40

DL- Lamarr Houston- 4.83 40

DL- Richard Seymour- 4.95 40

DL- Tommy Kelly- 4.87 40 

That's 40 fast, but they weren't fast on the field.  That Seattle defense was much faster on the field.  It's not just about being 'better' defensively when I mention the Seahawks but actually displaying speed on the field...

45 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

That's 40 fast, but they weren't fast on the field.  That Seattle defense was much faster on the field.  It's not just about being 'better' defensively when I mention the Seahawks but actually displaying speed on the field...

No the Oakland team is certainly faster in the general sense whether on the field or on a track. However reading/reacting/anticipating go a long way in what you are seeing here with the Seahawks compared to the Raiders. It's no contest the Seahawks have had far superior defenses, but if you were to take guys like Kam Chancellor/Richard Sherman vs. Anyone in the Raiders secondary. They would get smoked in the speed department.

This is easy.. The fastest defense were those 2006+ Colts team.. With Bob Sanders, Freeney and Mathis along with those

short but quick LB's.. That was the fastest defense I've seen.. They might not have been good.. But gosh dayummm they were quick as hell..

They shut down Larry Johnson while no one gave them a chance that year..This is the only right answer period. 

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Agreed.

Plus, they were super fun to play with in Madden, and that's what really matters here.

Archived