Chase young wins Rookie and NFC Player of Month

ovfd55

So happy we got our guy!!! Not just because I watched this guy play locally in highschool but because he and Tez are my favorite edge guys to come out in a long time and we got them both to go with Payne!!! This is the year to be aggressive and try to move up to get your guy at QB!!! 

• Like 1

It’s very unusual for a rookie to get significantly better at the end of their first season.  Usually they hit the “rookie wall”. because they’re not used to playing such a long season.   I would imagine the limited offseason and lack of preseason helped with this.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It’s very unusual for a rookie to get significantly better at the end of their first season.  Usually they hit the “rookie wall”. because they’re not used to playing such a long season.   I would imagine the limited offseason and lack of preseason helped with this.

I mean they were triple teaming him in the 2nd 1/4 of the season when he can back from the groin so I think he was adjusting to being the main focus as well as playing through pain at this level. Truely a special player physically and mentally

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Also, I can't see anyone getting DROY besides Chase at this point.  This monster December really cemented that in my mind. 

Especially when you consider Curl basically was a better player than Chinn towards the end of the season.