Deshaun Watson requests trade

49ersfan

That was worded all wrong. I guess I meant that I do like the fact that the AFC north is finally competitive again as a whole. Though I would love to see the NFC north like that as well, something about those January games in those places against bitter rivals in bitter cold makes those games a lot of fun to watch. 

I just hope Houston gets stuff together though.

5 hours ago, JonMcC2018 said:

Why should a player be involved in the selection of the GM? What a strange thing to have promised to Watson (if that part is true).

Player empowerment making it's way to the NFL (still a long way off from NBA standards).

The face of your franchise wants some input while he's there. I don't see an issue with having him involved or pretend to make him involved to keep him happy. The alternative is him demanding a trade...which is what they're facing. And now previous players are speaking out. The comments made in the past by ownership do not help their case. It could inhibit future FA's from signing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

It could inhibit future FA's from signing. 

Bingo. Right now, the Texans would have to pay over market value for any meaningful FAs - in addition, impending FAs will be less inclined to extend mid contract, wanting to test the market for a better situation over securing that bag right now.

It's such a disaster right now, the Texans are nuclear...

... and all of this could have been avoided by proceeding with Omar Khan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Bingo. Right now, the Texans would have to pay over market value for any meaningful FAs - in addition, impending FAs will be less inclined to extend mid contract, wanting to test the market for a better situation over securing that bag right now.

It's such a disaster right now, the Texans are nuclear...

... and all of this could have been avoided by proceeding with Omar Khan.

I think they're going to lose JJ Watt at some point. Once the two faces of the franchise jump ship, you're looking at a full rebuild from top to bottom.

Avoid all that, just let Deshaun give his 2 cents on a GM and HC. Pander to him. My manager does it to me at work all the time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I think they're going to lose JJ Watt at some point. Once the two faces of the franchise jump ship, you're looking at a full rebuild from top to bottom

There's no "some point" to it, they're losing him this off-season - but that has less to do with his standing, more to do with his diminishing returns on the field. He's not worth his contract and he's not going to cost the Texans anything in a trade or release.

It's a business decision moreso than a personal decision. A valid business decision, at that. Personally, it will break everyone's heart when Watt walks out the door.

The rebuild is moreso needed on the defense, which was the case already - only Zach Cunningham and Justin Reid get to stick around, everything else is scrapped to build around those two. (Maybe Lonnie Johnson, maybe PJ Hall, maybe Ross Blacklock, maybe Charles Omenihu, maybe John Reid - simply because they're experienced and on cheap rookie deals. They're cheap depth/role players).

22 hours ago, ET80 said:

There's no "some point" to it, they're losing him this off-season - but that has less to do with his standing, more to do with his diminishing returns on the field. He's not worth his contract and he's not going to cost the Texans anything in a trade or release.

It's a business decision moreso than a personal decision. A valid business decision, at that. Personally, it will break everyone's heart when Watt walks out the door.

The rebuild is moreso needed on the defense, which was the case already - only Zach Cunningham and Justin Reid get to stick around, everything else is scrapped to build around those two. (Maybe Lonnie Johnson, maybe PJ Hall, maybe Ross Blacklock, maybe Charles Omenihu, maybe John Reid - simply because they're experienced and on cheap rookie deals. They're cheap depth/role players).

Serious question for you that just popped into my head. The Rams have gone without a first round pick for a while now, and we're not really missing them.

Goff and how many first round picks for Watson? I'd trade five, maybe more.

22 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Serious question for you that just popped into my head. The Rams have gone without a first round pick for a while now, and we're not really missing them.

Goff and how many first round picks for Watson? I'd trade five, maybe more.

You'd need to get one for this year to even begin. Collecting on any trade starting next season would be a waste.

3 hours ago, JonMcC2018 said:

Deserved or not, this has been quite the witch hunt against Easterby.

He arrived at Houston and hated DHop instantly cause he has children with multiple women, seems like the type of person that karma is finally arriving to.