Jump to content

Could Deshaun Watson request a trade?


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

 

This is more my thinking as well. Three Firsts, Three 2nds, two 3rds, Nick Bosa, Jimmy Garropolo, Brandon Aiyuk.

I'll sit down for that. @Forge?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ET80 said:

This is more my thinking as well. Three Firsts, Three 2nds, two 3rds, Nick Bosa, Jimmy Garropolo, Brandon Aiyuk.

I'll sit down for that. @Forge?

He IS actually worth that much.  I might not demand Nick Bosa, but the rest is reasonable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ET80 said:

This is more my thinking as well. Three Firsts, Three 2nds, two 3rds, Nick Bosa, Jimmy Garropolo, Brandon Aiyuk.

I'll sit down for that. @Forge?

As much as I want Watson, I fear that would just move him from one wreck to another lol. 

I really hope you guys keep him and can salvage the relationship if it's starting to go sour 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

 

Its not about the texans wanting to trade him its about Watson saying he wants a trade. The value is whatever a team is willing to give and if watson wants out then its the value of what the team is willing to give. So you can put a price tag of three 1sts and 2nds but if he doesnt want to be in Houston and only one team is offering two 1st then you take that or you deal with a disgruntled player who is essentially the face of your franchise. This is likely a backdoor way of him showing that he is not happy with the interview process with HC or disgruntled about the GM situation. Either way they need to bring him in and do whatever is possible to keep him happy and have his voice heard or be prepared to move on from him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Its not about the texans wanting to trade him its about Watson saying he wants a trade.

Eh, he's under contract for five years. Watson could be disgruntled, but he's going nowhere.

5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

So you can put a price tag of three 1sts and 2nds but if he doesnt want to be in Houston and only one team is offering two 1st then you take that or you deal with a disgruntled player who is essentially the face of your franchise.

... yeah, you deal with that.

6 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

This is likely a backdoor way of him showing that he is not happy with the interview process with HC or disgruntled about the GM situation. Either way they need to bring him in and do whatever is possible to keep him happy and have his voice heard or be prepared to move on from him.

I agree with this - I do think he wants a very strong voice in all of this, and I think we'll probably see him get what he wants very soon. 

Nick Caserio's opening press conference is at noon CST. I'm pretty sure this will be a discussion point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

3-team trade:
 

Houston gets: Aaron Rodgers, Jordan Love

KC gets: Deshaun Watson, Houston's 2022 1st

GB gets: Patrick Mahomes

 

7 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Pass 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Nick Caserio's opening press conference is at noon CST. I'm pretty sure this will be a discussion point.

Noon TOMORROW.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...