Deshaun Watson requests trade

49ersfan

Update: Deshaun Watson requests trade

https://www.nfl.com/news/texans-qb-deshaun-watson-has-requested-to-be-traded

Deshaun Watson officially wants out of Houston.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that the Texans QB requested a trade, per a source informed of the situation.

Watson wanting out of Houston has been known for weeks, but all rumors could be dismissed until a formal request was made known. Now, the star signal-caller has gone public that he has no interest in continuing to play for an organization with which he signed a four-year, $156 million contract extension in September.

Original:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/07/will-deshaun-watson-ask-for-a-trade/

Rumors already are circulating, and we’ve already heard them from multiple different people, that Watson has quietly broached with teammates the possibility of requesting a trade. If that’s happening, it may just be a strategic effort to ensure his views are respected by ownership. Regardless, it raises the stakes and crosses a bridge and potentially sets the foundation for Watson eventually to decide that he’d like to continue his career elsewhere.

Obligatory Florio alert....but its a possibility because i believe he deleted a cryptic tweet after the Texans hired Caserio

If so, what teams could he be traded to? Feels like half the league could use him. And the bidding would probably start at two 1st round picks.

I hope, for Houston's sake, this is nothing more than a rumour

Edited by 49ersfan

22 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Sure he could but the Texans would be really really dumb to actually trade him away.

They should be taking his input on the next HC. He's a 25 year old franchise QB who the team will want to build around for the next 10 years. He needs to be a part of the process and have his voice heard IMO

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/07/will-deshaun-watson-ask-for-a-trade/

Obligatory Florio alert....but its a possibility because i believe he deleted a cryptic tweet after the Texans hired Caserio

If so, what teams could he be traded to? Feels like half the league could use him. And the bidding would probably start at two 1st round picks.

I hope, for Houston's sake, this is nothing more than a rumour

Whose more credible Florio or LaConfora?

GMs from the Belichick tree have had a decent success.  Newsome should be a HOF GM.  Dimitroff built a SB roster.  Robinson got to an AFC title game.  *Whispers- Jason Licht.  😀😀

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Whose more credible Florio or LaConfora?

GMs from the Belichick tree have had a decent success.  Newsome should be a HOF GM.  Dimitroff built a SB roster.  Robinson got to an AFC title game.  *Whispers- Jason Licht.  😀😀

I think it's less about the GM... more about the culture coach.

Nick Caserio could be an excellent addition, I don't know - but Jack Easterby has repeatedly been brought up in a negative light, and Deshaun Watson has openly criticized the culture in Houston, and - outside of saying "Jack Easterby has gotta go," - he's dropped a ton of press saying that Jack Easterby has gotta go.

Caserio has a huge decision in front of him - does he fire the guy who made him GM in Houston, or does he trade away a franchise defining QB in his prime? I personally think the decision is obvious. But, my word is worth nothing in this drama.

All I know is I need a lot of alcohol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

He should do it honestly, if just to flex his muscles. Everyone can see how good he is. Make sure you let the FO know what you want going forward. 

I'd be perfectly fine with it if it means no Easterby...